2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Crags' and Clancy's wages (or most of them) are hopefully available.

You would like to think so, but according to this article McCall has had to shave £200,000k off the budget!

Craigan and Clancy and Forbes would probably come to that mount or just over.....food for thought...

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/322083/McCall-could-lose-both-Clancy-and-Jennings

if that is the books balanced now we will probably have to lose jenno or sell to get anyone in.

a team for europe at the moment?

randolph

hateley saunders hutchy hammell

humphrey carsewell lasley law murphy

higdon

i was thinking hateley might play in midfield in europe with saunders at right back the same as the last time we were involved but it looks like saunders will be at CB. getting either jenno or a new centre mid is the priority.

£200,000 is a massive amount of money to lose off the budget. As it stands, and if we keep the rest of the out of contract stars, then that will be our squad for next season. Possibly with a cheap loan deal or two.

Everyone is for sale but I would think Randolph and Murphy, possibly Hutch could get sold. Then we can think about bringing people in.

Be very difficult for McCall to replicate this season in the next campaign. One positive is that virtually every other Club is slashing their budgets.

Think the squad will be decimated in the weeks to come ,Jennings will be away, and I think we should brace ourselves for a number of players being sold ,Hutchy, Law ,Murphy and Randolph could all be away. We have enjoyed success as a club for a few seasons now but I'm afraid the lean years have arrived and it will be bottom six and perhaps a few relegation battles in the foreseeable future. Sorry to be so gloomy but that's just my thoughts on the matter .

• Like 1

Think the squad will be decimated in the weeks to come ,Jennings will be away, and I think we should brace ourselves for a number of players being sold ,Hutchy, Law ,Murphy and Randolph could all be away. We have enjoyed success as a club for a few seasons now but I'm afraid the lean years have arrived and it will be bottom six and perhaps a few relegation battles in the foreseeable future. Sorry to be so gloomy but that's just my thoughts on the matter .

Well that's certainly a glass half empty comment there henry :lol: , it could happen in the worst case scenario im sure but i dont think we will lose all the players youve mentioned .Clancy did very well for us and i wish him all the best ,but he wont be missed .

Where does that come from? If it's lean years for us, it'll be similar for the rest of the SPL. I do wonder in what way we're budgetting, if we're considering the possibility of no rangers?

How can shite like the sheep and hibs who have had shite seasons still offer better wages than us? Either we're being overly cautious or they are both heading towards administration, surely.

Quite sorry to see Clancy go actually. I had grown to like him and rated him considerably more than when he first arrived at the club. I also quite liked that there was a hardness about him occasionally verging into dirty bastard territory, which isn't generally prevalent in our team. He walked a fine line more than a few times granted but I think we may miss his physicality on occasion.

McCall was spot on in the comments attributed to him in the Express though. For a short-term deal it went as well anyone could have hoped for, both for player and club.

Having said that of the first teamers offered deals for me he would be the most expendable. Hammell, Lasley and Jennings are the key players to be re-signed. We've got Hammell sorted so if Clancy's decision to go allowed the club to make a more convincing case to the other two then I could happily live with that, in the knowledge that we have Saunders coming back.

Depth to the squad appears to be a concern at the moment but given we're not out of May yet at least we are getting some clarity early on as to what area's need to be sorted.

If we can keep those mentioned and not forced to sell then I'd be happy enough at this stage. Depth of squad can be addressed as get nearer the Champions League but to me top prioirty had to keeping as many as possible of the squad who did so well to get us where we are now. Once that's done we have to be wary of late bids for sellable players obviously but can move on to finding players to fill the gaps we have.

McCall said the budget cut would mean there would be a 4k a week reduction in the wage bill. We already know Craigan, Clancy and Forbes wages are freed, which I'd imagine at least average at a four figure weekly sum between the three of them. Add to that Smith, Pollock, Halsman, Lawless, McKinnon and Bradley's wages are also freed- all of whom would have been on at least a couple of hundred a week. I reckon we are well on the road to having made the cut.

Add to that Smith, Pollock, Halsman, Lawless, McKinnon and Bradley's wages are also freed- all of whom would have been on at least a couple of hundred a week. I reckon we are well on the road to having made the cut.

I see the wages off those guys being spent on the next crop of youngsters who will be making the step up from U16 and above to the periphery of the team rather than it being wages saved.