2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

So glad to see this forum getting back to slagging each other! Lol was getting a bit too friendly!

Tbh u can blame the fans for this 6 months of football! A new club had to start in the 3 rd division anything else is madness!

Let's be positive about our games saying it is worth 3 mill without rangers is unhelpful as is saying we will be in admin! Asking as people do what they say and spend more at the club we will be ok! We have no debt at all and atleast 2 saleable assests we could get 1 mill for (plus wage saving!)

Personally I can't buy season ticket due to job sometimes being a Saturday however instead of sitting on my arse at home on Saturday (plus Wednesdays) I will be back to te club because a) I know they need it b) we will be going to interesting times with hopefully eventually 16 teams!

I thought i was on the ins and out thread but i seem to have stumbled on another Rangers integrity forum... :whistling: . Anyway simple fact now is we cant sign anybody and hopefully we can punt Randolph and Murphy before the August window shuts. That is the financial reality of our perilous situation as the European adventure enjoyable as it will be wont financially sustain us. Tough days ahead im afraid. <_>

Was Weiss not on loan from Man City ?

Jelavic was bought on an installment basis in keeping with the majority of transfers nowadays.

Rapid Vienna quite rightly called in the money owed when the Gers went tits up.

Weiss was on loan but Rangers were still supposed to pay a loan fee. They didn't pay and that's why Man City were on the creditors list.

We have no debts, posted a small loss last year, MIGHT not be getting the derisory amount of sky tv money that we usually get and no 2 home games v rangers.The euro games and sale of a player will cover this. Even if we dont sell we'll post another small loss. Admin??? F**k me.

• Like 1

Was Weiss not on loan from Man City ?

Jelavic was bought on an installment basis in keeping with the majority of transfers nowadays.

Rapid Vienna quite rightly called in the money owed when the Gers went tits up.

I think that was the key point Diggle was trying to make. Rangers continued to buy and then pay for players to a tune that they could not afford.

Remember, this is a club each month failed to pay PAYE and NIC to an amount that outstrips our yearly wage budget. If they did not do this, they'd have been placed in administration, and probably liquidated by March, which would have led to a second place finish for us AND an extra £900K - leading to a small profit again!

We have no debts, posted a small loss last year, MIGHT not be getting the derisory amount of sky tv money that we usually get and no 2 home games v rangers.The euro games and sale of a player will cover this. Even if we dont sell we'll post another small loss. Admin??? F**k me.

Problem is, we are unable to facilitate a penny of debt due to our credit rating.

As I suggested months ago, the well society was a glorified interest free overdraft but thankfully, it should just about keep us out of admin if we can't sell any players.

• Like 1

As I suggested months ago, the well society was a glorified interest free overdraft but thankfully, it should just about keep us out of admin if we can't sell any players.

i'm not sure about that.

if the tv deal goes down to £3m we're fucked. the projections given along with the society ballot were based on a 40% reduction in tv income. if it turns out to a much greater reduction we'll be looking at a shortfall of over a million which will mean either administration or extreme cut backs.

it looks like the society money will be gone less than 12 months after being paid in which is a depressing thought. does anyone know what happens to the society if we go into admin. do we lose the shares?

Our TV deal will be higher than £3m a year. ESPN alone will pay more than that. No one knows what SkySports will do - which in itself is bad, as it should have been what Doncaster should have been doing rather than trying to blackmail the SFL.

• Like 2

i'm not sure about that.

if the tv deal goes down to £3m we're fucked. the projections given along with the society ballot were based on a 40% reduction in tv income. if it turns out to a much greater reduction we'll be looking at a shortfall of over a million which will mean either administration or extreme cut backs.

it looks like the society money will be gone less than 12 months after being paid in which is a depressing thought. does anyone know what happens to the society if we go into admin. do we lose the shares?

I don't know the exact figures but I'd expect the well society, fund raising, euro prize money and euro ticket sales to be sufficient to get us through to the end of the season.

Going into 12/13 we cut our squad accordingly.

Ideally, we manage to sell a couple of players to ease the pressure.

Tough times undoubtedly but I'm hopeful this season will prove to be a turning point in Scottish football.

how do you know this?

Same way that everyone who predicts the £3m a year (£15m over 5?), just with more research.

The Spanish league, which apart from el Clasico falls below all games shown by Sky in the SPL (including those that do not include either Glasgow clubs). They have an £18m a year contract. Granted SkySports Spanish football coverage is far better than their Scottish.

The Irish League (Northern Ireland) itself has a £1m TV deal.

ESPN have lost their prize with losing the Premier League. Their last remaining British Football is the SPL. They have confirmed that they want to remain in partnership with the SPL.

Taking those into consideration if the Board and the Clubs of the SPL cannot get a better deal than £3m then tbh they're in the wrong job.

I do also wonder if the bit, really gets to the bit, whether John Boyle may still have a part to play.

Complete supposition on my part but he remains a creditor with a six figure sum due to him from MFC. If the club are in dire straits then the chances of him recouping that are drastically reduced. I don't know, that well might be small beer to someone of his financial standing but it would seem reasonable to think he will want his money back.

There would also be the fact that his legacy at Fir Park - the 'Well Society would also likely crumble. Would he let that happen?

Even if some measure of assistance were to be forthcoming there is no way I would ever expect the club to let on, after all the whole 'Well Society deal is about taking control ourselves without any relying on any benefactor.

But this is a pretty exceptional time and I do wonder what John Boyle thinks of events. I imagine he must be quite frustrated that just as the plans he put in place appear to be coming to fruition this has all blown up.

Society funds are purely a temporary cash float and do not reperesent permanent expenditure.

I think that was the key point Diggle was trying to make. Rangers continued to buy and then pay for players to a tune that they could not afford.

Remember, this is a club each month failed to pay PAYE and NIC to an amount that outstrips our yearly wage budget. If they did not do this, they'd have been placed in administration, and probably liquidated by March, which would have led to a second place finish for us AND an extra £900K - leading to a small profit again!

I have no problem with that, but match rigging was the original point. Maybe I lost something in translation.:thumbup:

Getting back on topic, doesn't look likely there will be many 'ins', think the CLQ will go a long way to determining the 'outs'.