Spl,sfl.sfa Joint Statement On Reconstruction

Brazilian

Fan power got us this far. Without it newco would be planning for SPL football already. Stand firm, back the SFL club fans and let these idiots know we will not be bullied.

We want our game back!

:wallbash: guilty until proven innocent

so our OF led media come up with propoganda to sell papers and rangers season ticketys and we all jump to their tune cos it must be true...the media tell us so :wallbash:

A statement from the SFL read: "The Scottish Football League can confirm that no agreement has been reached between the SFL and any other body regarding the position of Rangers Newco in the First Division. Consultation will continue to take place, primarily with our clubs, as previously advised."

Come on Stoney this isn't the media, it's the SFL clubs that are reacting,As you point out, (what you miss is longmuir of the SFL backing its intro, then going quiet) if anything the normal media sources are dodging it and how's it meant to sell rangers season tickets?

The SPL are guilty, and I'm afraid the SPL is the clubs including ours, unless Doncaster has went out on this alone

Come on Stoney this isn't the media, it's the SFL clubs that are reacting,As you point out, (what you miss is longmuir of the SFL backing its intro, then going quiet) if anything the normal media sources are dodging it and how's it meant to sell rangers season tickets?

The SPL are guilty, and I'm afraid the SPL is the clubs including ours, unless Doncaster has went out on this alone

ian you know i'm a happy clappy mate.:blush:

I simply dont buy into our club being part of it until someone can show me some actual proof that we were.

and i still think that if enough teams from div 1 ,2+3 say no then doncaster can say /threaten what the feck he wants it will be a No. and if they try to impose it they will end up in court with no spl/spl2 games this coming season

But either way our club did what we wanted. To now change the goalposts and make out taht this paln was already in place when they did, even tho that is purely conjecture from all, is simply a step too far for me until someone backs it with anything that says differently.

I simply dont buy into our club being part of it until someone can show me some actual proof that we were.

and i still think that if enough teams from div 1 ,2+3 say no then doncaster can say /threaten what the feck he wants it will be a No. and if they try to impose it they will end up in court with no spl/spl2 games this coming season

But either way our club did what we wanted. To now change the goalposts and make out taht this paln was already in place when they did, even tho that is purely conjecture from all, is simply a step too far for me until someone backs it with anything that says differently.

Does our chairman being part of the SPL Board count as this came from them and must have been approved by the SPL board prior to being published.

We were told that match fixing was the only thing worse than what Rangers have done yet now the authorities are bending over backwards rearranging everything to help them into the SPL as soon as possible. It just confirms that when it comes to certain clubs the only rule is there are no rules.

Also these clubs who were happy to put out their statements saying they would be voting no because of fan reaction will be showing us exactly what they think of their fans if they agree to this.

I'm hopeful that the SFL fight back as well

And I'm probably so angry because of the need for them to fight back

The silence from the SPL clubs today is astounding, when fans from all clubs are reacting to it as pure blackmail and being nothing but disruptive instead of moving the game forward

But it's this nonsense from the SFA who are responding saying the restructure is not about one club yet only one club is getting selective treatment, I'm all for the proposed changes but not with with the specific inclusions around Rangers which should be completely separate dealings

I fully expect some Spin tomorrow from the main players, and with that sentence I guess I've just realised I've now got no trust in what they have to say

I believe our club acted in good faith and handed over the decision to us with no knowledge that this type of communication was forthcoming.

However, I think that since it became likely that the july 4th vote was going to go against Rangers, the governing body ( or bodies ) have devised this cunning plan. If our director is determined to be one of the people reponsible for the plan or supported it then that really sticks in the throat.

All the document should have said was this...........

WE HAVE CONSIDERED FIVE SCENARIOS

1.Rangers stay in SPL....... No! this smacks of preferential treatment.

2.Rangers to Third Division..Yes, apply here like any other club would have to do.

3.Rangers to First Division... No! this smacks of preferential treatment.

4.Rangers to SPL2...WTF! There is no SPL2. this smacks of preferential treatment.

5.Rangers terminated or suspended...No! We are talking about newco not old Rangers.

i think the above is fair and that it covers the scenarios and I defy the SFA/SFL/SPL to disagree with those statements. The only argument they have is that they ( SFA/SFL/SPL ) are shit scared of what might happen if we do what should be done and would have been done had it been any other club.

FTLOT!!

• Like 1

All the document should have said was this...........

WE HAVE CONSIDERED FIVE SCENARIOS

1.Rangers stay in SPL....... No! this smacks of preferential treatment.

2.Rangers to Third Division..Yes, apply here like any other club would have to do.

3.Rangers to First Division... No! this smacks of preferential treatment.

4.Rangers to SPL2...WTF! There is no SPL2. this smacks of preferential treatment.

5.Rangers terminated or suspended...No! We are talking about newco not old Rangers.

i think the above is fair and that it covers the scenarios and I defy the SFA/SFL/SPL to disagree with those statements. The only argument they have is that they ( SFA/SFL/SPL ) are shit scared of what might happen if we do what should be done and would have been done had it been any other club.

FTLOT!!

What most of the clubs actually believe though...

1 Yes, but the fans won't buy that

2. Hell no, they deserve better

3. Since the fans will certainly not agree with number 1 we can work this in, the SFL clubs will do our dirty work for us

4. But just to be sure we'll agree to this too

5. No no no no no, not even considered.

Relax......we don't respond to blackmail. We've made our position crystal clear. The document is a joke and an insult. I don't care about SPL clubs or their problems. They haven't shown much interest in ours!

We will not be rolling over. I'd rather play Junior Football!

A Raith Fan on P&B says this was the response he got from Turnbull Hutton(the director) from his angry email asking about the clubs position. Something tells me(well history in this whole saga tells me) there's still a number of twists and turns to come..

I'm happy to believe, at the moment, that our club are not a part of this.

Thankfully our club has been pretty vocal recently regarding this issue - both in terms of official statements and discussing the issue via social networking sites.

Therefore, it is only natural to assume that, if the club have nothing to do with this, they will address this horrific attempt at corruption by clarifying their lack of knowledge regarding it and distancing themselves from the shameful events currently unfolding.

It is also only natural, in my opinion, to assume that failure to do so in the very near future will be, at least on some level, an admission of guilt.

The idea that Motherwell FC could have actively played a role in this - including 'allowing' the Well Society to decide how we vote - is depressing. Thankfully, I fully expect a statement refuting this idea ASAP.

i agree with you in part jay, altho no doubt no matter how any statement is worded some people would still try and pick holes in it so, like the vote, the club is damned if they do and damned if they dont imo

Normally I'd agree. However, in this case all the club has to do is release a statement explaining that the SPL's plans are not something they are involved in nor actively support, and reiterate their intentions to follow the wishes of the Well Society.

If a few folk still want to pick holes in that then they can batter in. It doesn't detract from the fact that a statement is now absolutely vital, and the longer the club remains silent the more guilty they will appear.

Normally I'd agree. However, in this case all the club has to do is release a statement explaining that the SPL's plans are not something they are involved in nor actively support, and reiterate their intentions to follow the wishes of the Well Society.

They can, quite correctly, claim they are following the wishes of the Well Society with the "No to newco" vote. Which is why a statement isn't going to make anyone any happier.

You can just about write it now:

initial vote was for newco, sensitive topic, put it out to Well Society, response was No, ready to take that to SPL on July 4th, only after sufficient clubs indicated no did the SFA/SPL/SFL discussions firm up, needed to distribute them in time for july 4th discussions, no time for 2nd vote, for discussion only and no decision can be made until when or if details are agreed.

i am happy to give the club the benefit of the doubt , for now, altho an official statement would be good i still believe in the principle of innocent until proven guilty,

altho i am back to looking at going to the away euro leg rather than using the money to get society membership like i had planned to...so maybe i am not so certain in innocent until proven guilty as i thought i was :doh:

They can, quite correctly, claim they are following the wishes of the Well Society with the "No to newco" vote. Which is why a statement isn't going to make anyone any happier.

Of course a statement will make folk happier, assuming it clarifies that our club isn't involved in the corruption and blackmail currently being played out in Scottish football.

Given that some fans are talking of walking away/boycotting SPL games in view of the current Rangers situation, I wonder now if this will have a domino effect on attendance at international matches. The SFA have stepped into the fray with rushed and controversial proposals for restruturing - in view of that will some fans stop attending Scotland games? Events could snowball.