Spl Opener - Ross County V Motherwell

Rickoza

I fully expect, depending on demand that we hope will be high, that the usual Association buses (Motherwell, Bellshill, Wisha,w etc.) will be operating that day and to be a part of this venture. Information with EXACT details on buses, locations, contacts etc. will be advertised in the usual ways as soon as possible :thumbup:

cracking gesture by County. Its a showcase game so they probably looking to get as near a sell out as they can. I should be driving over from Nairn on the day so will have space for 2 or 3 from Ness to Dingwall to save the awkward train times if anyone needs

Supporters Association long since been a large percentage of our away support... An organisation with not as much voice as they'd have you believe nowadays. What about those who regularly travel aboard the coaches outwith the code of conduct? Guarunteed to be more aboard coaches to this shindig than there is association members on theirs yes.gif

Could be a timely one this.

Scotrail are doing a promotion for rail season ticket holders who have signed up for their Advance loyalty scheme where you have 2 x return journeys anywhere in Scotland for £19. The trips can be made up until the end of September.

Could be quite handy with both Ross County and Aberdeen away before the end of September.

Anyone who has a season ticket for the train with Scotrail can sign up for their loyalty scheme >>>> here

For those Dingwall Debutants looking for a pre-match beer, may I suggest The Mallard. It's right on the train station platform, used to be part of the station itself. Good beer and good food. From here the ground is a 5 minute walk over the other side of the railway line towards the Cromarty Firth, turning left at the old Jail, (and Home end), and the away end is down past the car parks and entrance to the Main Stand.

The station faces down the High Street, and there are a couple of hotel bars at this end, and another couple of bars down the High Street & off, as well as an excellent chip shop at the far end.

Hope this helpls. :drinks:

Stolen from a Ross County fan on P&B.

As we're new to playing most of you lot, I thought a nice little thread on pre-match pubs might be in order. I'll try and update when I get more time (or another County fan helps out) with more info on places for food.

PUBS

For visiting fans to Dingwall there are a few options. If you're making your way up via public transport you will need to changeover either by bus or train in Inverness. There are plenty of pubs within a stones throw of Inverness train station, as many of you probably already know from ICT games. If you would like to fire on straight through to Dingwall though, or if you're on a supporters bus going direct, then here's the pub situation for Dingwall.

Strikers Lounge:

A bar within the stadium where you need your match ticket to get in, but apparently this season this bar will be for use of home fans only. In other words, Dundee fans who may have used this bar last year (or ICT a couple of seasons ago), you will no longer be able to use this bar.

The Mallard:

The closest pub to the ground, and the kind-of "beer garden" actually doubles as the train platform. This means that if you take the train to Dingwall, you can step off it and pretty much fall into the pub. While The Mallard isn't always the quickest at serving (as it gets very busy), it is a cracking place and always has a good atmosphere, with the bar right in the middle, surrounded on all sides. It is also right next to the bridge that leads to the stadium.

The National Hotel/The Viking Bar:

A couple of hundred yards further from the ground than The Mallard, the National Hotel/Viking Bar is another decent pub. Service here can be a bit (a little) quicker, and if you're lucky enough to get on it, there is a pool table here, unlike The Mallard. You may also have the privelege of meeting the infamous Snowball here.

County Tavern:

I've never been there, but just another hundred yards or so further away from the ground than the National, on the opposite side of the road where buses to Dingwall arive, is the County Tavern. Cheap and cheerful for those who are serious about drinking.

The Caledonian Hotel:

This is a nice wee pub, but it is further from the ground. It is roughly halfway up the pedestrian part of the High Street and maybe about 10 minutes walk from the stadium at most. Being a little further out of the way, I believe it is normally quieter and less football orientated on match-days.

British Legion:

At the top end of the High Street, near the end of the pedestrianised area, is open to public, decent prices, and have already started advertising that it's the 'place to go' before games next season. Public bar and a large function room with another bar, which I think they plan opening if it's busy. There is also a small restaurant on the premises.

The Picture House:

The Picture House, half-way up the high street is another option, plenty space inside, never been in it myself.

FOOD ETC

The Mallard:

The aforementioned pub at the station also does food if you can get in early enough when it's quiet. Is there anything this pub can't do? Yes, actually: pool and darts.

Harry Gow's:

The bakers that has slowly taken over the Highlands. There's one in almost all of the main towns in the area, and with good reason. A damn good bakers, and would be a highly recommended visit if it wasn't for the competition of the wonderful Deas (see below). Harry Gow's is just along from The Viking.

1st Pizza Direct:

Run of the mill Pizza takeaway, at the start of the pedestrian area of the High Street.

Wimpy:

The infamous Colin McMenamin Wimpy (sorry, last season's first division pre-match banter). Yes, seeing as Dingwall is still technically in 1984, it still has a Wimpy Restaraunt, and it is still decent enough. You'll find this classic halfway up the pedestrian area of the High Street.

The Caledonian Hotel:

As mentioned above. Last orders at 2. Note there are 2 bars, one entrance on the high street and another entrance down the alley to a smaller bar at the back. Meals served in both.

Dea's Bakery:

Dingwall has an embarrassment of riches when it comes to bakeries. There are two "Dea's" at either end of the pedestrian area of the High Street, and they are a mighty fine. Dea's are most famed for producing the pies sold at County, which if you aren't familiar with, won Big Gus' Pie Competition almost at a canter. I/we look forward to comparing and battling Dea's with the Killie Pies this season.

Renato's:

A chippy/chipper/chip shop or whatever else you want to call it. This is at the furthest off point of the High Street from the ground.

Courtyard Cafe:

For more 'refined' fans, the Courtyard Cafe does decent paninis and other stuff, not licensed though, just off the Lidl car park. Turn down the alley more or less opposite Dingwall Tandoori.

Grant's Cafe:

Opposite Dingwall Tandoori. Decent for meals, and licensed. Also offers free WiFi for 1hr.

Dingwall Tea Rooms:

Also in the Station Car Park just along from the Mallard there is a tea room serving soup and sandwiches etc, don't think it's licensed, but the Mallard is about 30yds away.

TESCO:

As with the majority of TESCO shops, there is an in-store cafe. If on foot, follow the road (against the flow of traffic) away from the High Street, and cut accross the car park in the middle of town and you can't miss it.

CASH MACHINES

For those of you needing to top up the old booze funds, there are a few cash machines on Dingwall High Street, aswell as at the nearby Tesco's & Lidl's however the closest one to the ground is at the bank between The Mallard and The National/Viking.