Motherwell Vs Panathinaikos

Al B

I believe the club thinks the Geeks may bring around a 1000 or so fans. They will likely be in an area of the South stand.

How big is the Greek population in the UK?? I dare say we could get a good few 'home' based away fans buying, if they have the outlet to get them here in the UK.

Still very little about the game on their official site. There is only a token next game ad banner on the right hand side with the time and date. They probably just view it as an easy step to the ‘proper’ CL games. I am certain they think they will win both home and away games pretty comfortably.

got my home leg tickets there. my season ticket seat was still available so i'm a happy camper.

roll on next tuesday! our champions league debut at fir park, followed our first ever visit to dingwall to get the league campaign underway and then an invasion of athens has the potential to be one of the best weeks ever.

got my home leg tickets there. my season ticket seat was still available so i'm a happy camper.

roll on next tuesday! our champions league debut at fir park, followed our first ever visit to dingwall (for a competitive game) to get the league campaign underway and then an invasion of athens has the potential to be one of the best weeks ever.

Some pedantic alterations there for you :thumbup:

I'd argue that in terms of potential impact on survival of the club, games against Dunfermline last day and Falkirk second last day to avoid relegation were bigger.

In terms of magnitude of the game, for me the three cup finals I've seen us in were bigger..

In terms of potential financial boost though, it's probably up there...

Finally got round to buying my ticket this morning and it will the best £30 i have spent in a while. Really looking forward to the game now. I am quietly confident we can work up a result over the two legs. Panathinaikos are nor the team they once were.

C'mon ye well!

This must be the biggest game in the clubs history, right ?

Depends what you mean by "big". But in terms of "never thought it would happen in a million years", "most goosebumps when the teams run out", then it's certainly right up there.

Depends what you mean by "big". But in terms of "never thought it would happen in a million years", "most goosebumps when the teams run out", then it's certainly right up there.

Aye, that's what I meant.

That plus the money ....