What Would Happen If We Qualified For The Group Stages?

I know the chance of us getting through this qualifier is a massive task but just imagine wedid and got through to the group stages, what do you think would change at our club, with an estimated windfall of 10 million we could be a different club.

I'm not saying we will do it but just dreaming about it makes me excited

• Like 1

1343518277[/url]' post='352629']

I know the chance of us getting through this qualifier is a massive task but just imagine wedid and got through to the group stages, what do you think would change at our club, with an estimated windfall of 10 million we could be a different club.

Well, not chasing an impossible dream would suit me, with any windfall securing the future of the club will be where it's at rather than a return to exorbitant transfer fees and the like...

• Like 3

3 possible scenarios:

Win tie v Panathanaikos = CL play off and Europe Group stages = total potential income £4m from UEFA prize money, gate receipts and tv revenue

Lose tie v Panathanaikos and win Europa game to get into Europa Group stages = up to £2m from gate receipts, UEFA prize money and tv revenue

lose tie v Pana and lose Europa Cup tie = up to £1m from gate receipts etc

I have discounted winning CL play off as that would deliver £6m +

You could argue strongly that the Pana is the biggest game for the club ever in terms of potential revenue.

I suspect the last option will be the reality, but the revenue of up to £1m is still very much needed and welcome this season. How much would other teams like Kilmarnock give to be in our position right now???

Any idea what the europa group stages 'windfall' is?

At least seven figures, I gather. So probably not enough to see us start paying transfer fees but enough to make sure, if the club's run properly, that we don't have too many financial concerns for two or three seasons...

If we did get through to the group stages (and I know fine well that we most likely won't), it would be a major shock for the Scottish football landscape. With Rangers sliding down the leagues it would open a real opportunity for us to claim the 2nd force in the SPL slot for a few years at least, provided the money we would get is spent wisely and we kicked on from there.

It won't happen though, but that's my take on such a fantasy situation arising.

I think each FA get given €7m for their clubs who qualify. Burley is assuming Celtic qualify and we don't. If we both get through, it's €3.5m each.

Can't remember where I read that unfortunately.

I thought I could remember a few years ago that celtic got something like £10m when they qualified and rangers didn't.

I think it would be spent on a new ground, don't think they would blow it, we would most definitely be the second force. It's all a dream but there is a chance and not many clubs outside the old firm have had this chance, it's a good time to be a well fan.

I think each FA get given €7m for their clubs who qualify. Burley is assuming Celtic qualify and we don't. If we both get through, it's €3.5m each.

Can't remember where I read that unfortunately.

don't think that value is correct, but I've read the same thing. It's to do with the broadcasting rights for each Association.

£14 million includes ALL Scotlands TV rights, tickets sales and everything else.

You can get a good idea of the prize money from here.

So if we lose, we get 130.000 € (maybe increased over the years). Play-offs make us millionaires!!!

plus a quarter of a million poonds in get money !!

And Leanne confirmed the prize money of £110,000 which would fit

Edited by Waldo

At least seven figures, I gather. So probably not enough to see us start paying transfer fees but enough to make sure, if the club's run properly, that we don't have too many financial concerns for two or three seasons...

It might be a boring answer but any money made from this season's European games will be used as cash flow and reserve funds to support the club in a difficult financial time.

The club will still undergo downsizing as it has to be able to run at a profit season on season and from what I understand we are still quite a bit away from that.