To The Board At Motherwell Football Club

nethertonwellfan

So there are clubs out there that actually want this bombscare of a league structure? If true then heaven help us because I don't see how splitting the league in to 3 8s benefits anyone.

From what I understand, it's not the structure itself that the clubs want, but the finance behind it. At the Well Society meeting the club said that a number of financial deals were contingent on the league structures changing. If the clubs wanted the money flowing in, then the status quo was not an option.

If its okay for 4 SPL teams to play 4 SFL1 teams in competitive matches for part of the season then why not just invite them into a 16 team SPL and forget this stupid 8x8x8?

We are told they are not strong enough so wont be competitive enough to come into the SPL. So what is the truth?

We are being lied to here in order that the powerbrokers get what they want.

I suspect that this is Rangers back in a 12 team SPL within 3 years with no change in voting structure.

From what I understand, it's not the structure itself that the clubs want, but the finance behind it. At the Well Society meeting the club said that a number of financial deals were contingent on the league structures changing. If the clubs wanted the money flowing in, then the status quo was not an option.

I'm still having difficulty understanding how the 3x8 is the way to go and I don't think it will get the money flowing in.

I'm still having difficulty understanding how the 3x8 is the way to go and I don't think it will get the money flowing in.

You and me both, but I guess sponsors and TV companies like the idea of the relegation/promotion playoffs, points resetting and the like as it adds excitement and meaningful games.

It looks almost like they want to move to an American sports model where the league is secondary to the play-off structure.

You and me both, but I guess sponsors and TV companies like the idea of the relegation/promotion playoffs, points resetting and the like as it adds excitement and meaningful games.

It looks almost like they want to move to an American sports model where the league is secondary to the play-off structure.

I said something similar in an earlier rant about having a Grand Final at the end of the season to determine the champions :lol: .

The league structure idea ruins a few decent ideas in the overall proposals. Not one fan would argue with a merger of the leagues, more promotion/relegation and a fairer financial distribution. They would take it now and to be in place next season. The league structure is what's killing this document and the fact that we need to accept it to get the other parts is just plain daft.

With a tonne of uni work etc over the last couple of months I've completely lost track with the debate surrounding the reconstruction but if there is no guaranteed relegation / promotion place then the 8x8x8 format is not something I would support.

What exactly are the supporters of this format saying the attraction / motivation for fans and players of the middle 8 teams are after the splits?

Really think I need to do some reading on this when my exams are over seeing as I might finally be in the position of having weekends off work for the first time in 6 years and will be able to buy a season ticket.

if we agree to this just now - and the voting rights dont change, then they NEVER will. Like it or loathe it, within 3 years Rangers will be back in the SPL and by that time, we will never be able to change the voting structure as the OF will be back to together

its frustrating to see, but i have no idea why (if true) Aberdeen want to side with Celtic - what do they have to gain out of that?

if the model does change - and we do go, 8-8-8...........how does the voting work? 11-1 is impossible as you will have 8 teams that are in the 2nd group of 8 - are 4 allowed to vote and 4 are not allowed?

What exactly are the supporters of this format saying the attraction / motivation for fans and players of the middle 8 teams are after the splits?

There is no motivation for the fans - its mainly the fans who do not want this

Really think I need to do some reading on this when my exams are over seeing as I might finally be in the position of having weekends off work for the first time in 6 years and will be able to buy a season ticket.

dont buy one yet! if we go to 8-8-8 how do you know what you are getting for your money? you will get 11 SPL games, possibly one cup game and then a lottery of possibly another 7 SPL games or 7 "championship" games against "1st division" teams

I don't think the season ticket thing is an issue, I buy my ticket to see the games Motherwell are involved in. Now crazy as the new system seems I don't think it impacts my season ticket. This I year had no idea that I would see a fourth game against Ross County.

In fact it might have been refreshing to have played Partick Thistle and Morton in recent weeks rather than Dundee and St Mirren

• Like 1

dont buy one yet! if we go to 8-8-8 how do you know what you are getting for your money? you will get 11 SPL games, possibly one cup game and then a lottery of possibly another 7 SPL games or 7 "championship" games against "1st division" teams

I'm keen to find out what the set up is going to be like going forward but to be honest I don't think its going to affect my decision in buying a season ticket for next year. Due to work commitments I've only been able to attend mid week games and the odd weekend game over the last 6 years but if I can blag myself a graduate job I'll be in a position where I'll be able to come along regularly again. I just want to get back to Fir Park every second weekend whether we're playing the likes of Celtic, Hibs and Dundee Utd or Thistle, Morton and Accies.

Thats my day of studying oot the window now and I've been reading about reconstruction for the last hour.facepalm.gif

Apparently (from the shoutbox) Jim Spence has tweeted saying that Motherwell are voting yes to this. If this is true we might as well cancel the meeting on Thursday then as it will just be a PR exercise to explain their decision.

They could have at least pretended to listen to the views of the fans.

Apparently (from the shoutbox) Jim Spence has tweeted saying that Motherwell are voting yes to this. If this is true we might as well cancel the meeting on Thursday then as it will just be a PR exercise to explain their decision.

They could have at least pretended to listen to the views of the fans.

or of course Jim Spence could be tweeting shite!............... or is he pretty reliable?

I tend to agree with the earlier post from JWfanclub that the 3 items below should be voted upon and hopefully changed.

These certainly could be separated from re-construction and I think should be. There is no reason to rush through some hairbrained clusterfk of an idea to have reconstruction in place for next season. Take some time and discussion and really determine what changes would benefit the game in Scotland. Meantime fix the 3 items below

1. One league body.

2. Financial redistribution.

3. Change to voting structure

1365535407[/url]' post='378947']

I tend to agree with the earlier post from JWfanclub that the 3 items below should be voted upon and hopefully changed.

These certainly could be separated from re-construction and I think should be. There is no reason to rush through some hairbrained clusterfk of an idea to have reconstruction in place for next season. Take some time and discussion and really determine what changes would benefit the game in Scotland. Meantime fix the 3 items below

1. One league body.

2. Financial redistribution.

3. Change to voting structure

But the reason for the package of measures is that no-one will give up anything for nothing. Clubs won't distribute money without the increased opportunity of them staying in the top league via the 4 up scenario of the middle 8. That's why the options cannot be cherry picked.

I'm not convinced that there's any point changing anything if the voting doesn't change. Then if the change doesn't work but works for two teams how are we ever going to get out of it. To be honest even after the well society meeting I wasn't at all convinced of the changes (though I did leave early so could have missed some points) too many "ifs" and "buts"

Scunnered with this whole thing

But the reason for the package of measures is that no-one will give up anything for nothing. Clubs won't distribute money without the increased opportunity of them staying in the top league via the 4 up scenario of the middle 8. That's why the options cannot be cherry picked.

I don't think it's cherry picking, I think it's separating reconstruction from everything else. Ther are some things that need fixed and can be fixed quickly. Reconstruction is not one of them.

If its okay for 4 SPL teams to play 4 SFL1 teams in competitive matches for part of the season then why not just invite them into a 16 team SPL and forget this stupid 8x8x8?

We are told they are not strong enough so wont be competitive enough to come into the SPL. So what is the truth?

We are being lied to here in order that the powerbrokers get what they want.

I suspect that this is Rangers back in a 12 team SPL within 3 years with no change in voting structure.

Totally agree with that..Sevco back in the SPL no change to the voting structure and its business as usual..with the ugly sisters running the show...thats the real objective....we have fucked up a golden opportunity to change the game for the better...

We keep being told that to get the things we want, there has to be compromises on things we're not so keen on, which is fine and understandable, but who is it that wants 8-8-8, and an 11-1 voting rule????

Maybe those Well Society members recently persuaded by Dempster and Weir can explain...