Who's Making The Top Six?

Stu

1362848923[/url]' post='376350']

Looks like a point will be enough on Friday night now although a win definitely guarantees it. Hopefully give the team the freedom to go and play.

Yup, a draw on Friday should see us over the line on goal difference.

In my speculative scores I obviously didn't have Ross County winning today, in my scenario St Johnston would now drop out the top six and be replaced by County

We are almost there, however I wont celebrate until it's mathematically secure. I think now's the time to look towards next season and identify players who want to stay or join Scotland's second best team. This will give Stuart the best opportunity to prepare for our next SPL and possible Euro campaign.

Theses are the outstanding SPL fixtures

We have Hivs home,Dundee away,St Midden home 47 points 56 possible

RCFC have ICT away,Killie home,Tarts away 45 54

ICT have RCFC home,Hivs away,StJ ho 44 53

St Johnstone have Arabs home, ICT away 44 50

Hivs have ,MFC away,ICT home,Smeltic away 40 49

Arabs have Dundee home,StJ away,Sheep home 39 48

Killie have RCFC away,St Midden home,Dundee home 38 47

Sheep have Smeltic away,Tarts home,Arabs away 38 47

Update of actual and possible points now avaiable before split.

Ross County a massive 3 points against Smeltic after being 2 down :cheers:

Although first priority is getting top 6 place we must still be aiming for second and that menas trying to get max points form our last 3 games.

Utd play aberdeen before the split so that means that is impossible for both to catch us, so thats 4 teams now ruled out. Only 2 to go from utd or Aberdeen, Killie, hibs and S tJ who have to play Dundee utd and Caley

Just so many permutations but I think as long as we continue to pick up points the permutations are in our favour.

Posted this in Ins and Outs but thought it would sit better here.....Could be really interesting how the post split fixtures pan out. From the top six as it stands only Hibs have only played Celtic at home once this season. Well, Caley, County and St J have all already had Celtic at home twice.

Theses are the outstanding SPL fixtures......looking good :evilgrin:

We have,Dundee away,St Midden home 50 points 56 possible

RCFC have ICT away,Killie home,Tarts away 45 54

ICT have RCFC home,Hivs away,StJ ho 44 53

St Johnstone have Arabs home, ICT away 44 50

Hivs have ,,ICT home,Smeltic away 40 46

Arabs have Dundee home,StJ away,Sheep home 39 48

Killie have RCFC away,St Midden home,Dundee home 38 47

Sheep have Smeltic away,Tarts home,Arabs away 38 47

Posted this in Ins and Outs but thought it would sit better here.....Could be really interesting how the post split fixtures pan out. From the top six as it stands only Hibs have only played Celtic at home once this season. Well, Caley, County and St J have all already had Celtic at home twice.

They'll also be due 3 out of the 5 post split games to be played at home to ensure an equal number of home and away games for the season.

So that's us definitely, definitely guaranteed a top six place again then?

Yup!

And if my maths is right and we win our next 2 games Septic cant win the league until after the split.

Small pleasures and all that.

.......if Abaaadeen could pull one out of the bag today.......

How many points did we end up on last season again?

62... It was our SPL era record.

We had 54 points at this stage last term and 55 at the split. We should be aiming to improve on that record with what in theory should be an easier run in and a team bang in-form.

ETA - Checking back that was actually a post-war top flight record. Going back 80 years to 1933/34. Mind you it was only 2 points for a win for the majority of that time.

Just worked out some speculative scores for these last games and we go into the split in 2nd then

ICT, Utd, St J, Hibs

Could be oh so different tho

The scores since my guesses now mean that my prediction is

'Well 56

ICT 50

County 48

Utd 46

St J 45 pts

Interestingly of the 10 games that have been played since then involving the teams vying for top six I got 5 of the results wrong - thats why i dont gamble

Inverness are now guaranteed a top six finish too. Delighted for them.

My dream (but still realistic) ending to the season would be Motherwell finishing second with ICT and Ross County finishing 3rd and 4th with all three clubs getting into Europe thanks to Celtic winning the cup.