Who's Making The Top Six?

Stu

Does that mean then that if Celtic win the cup then the 4th best European slot ie EL 2nd qualifying will go to Hibs or Falkirk...in which case SPL 3rd would take the other round 2 place and SPL 2nd ie Motherwell would enter at Q3 ?

if celtic win the cup

2nd place - Q3

3rd place - Q2

cup runner up - Q2

if celtic don't win the cup

cup winner - Q3

2nd and 3rd - Q2

Q2 is 18/7 and 25/7

Q3 is 1/8 and 8/8

Kilmarnock have a game in hand at home, then play the bottom team in the league and and have what looks like an unassailable goal difference (unless something bizarre happens) so you'd have to imagine they are strong favourites.

Hibs haven't won an away match in the league since November so 3 points at Celtic Park seems unlikely and Aberdeen and Dundee Utd play each other so only one of them can win.

6th place is Kilmarnock's to loose. I would have said they were a stick on to make it, but then I looked at their results. 2 games 0-0 against Dundee Against StMirren they drew one and did actually win the other one.

So not a foregone conclusion yet but if i had to bet, i'd put money on Killie securing 6th place.

I hope Killie draw both games and then Aberdeen and Dundee Utd do each other out of 6th place by only managing a draw! :laugh:

it's the round we played steaua and aalesunds in previously.

This is all I seen on the SPL website. You think they might have had an explanation regarding possible options depending on Scottish cup outcom!

European places for 2013/14

Scotland are currently 18th in the UEFA country ranking list which means the following in terms of qualification for the 2013/14 European competitions:

SPL winners Champions League Qualifying Round 2 - July 16/17 & 23/23

Runners-up Europa League Qualifying Round 2 - July 18 & 25

Third place Europa League Qualifying Round 2 - July 18 & 25

Scottish Cup winners Europa League Qualifying Round 3 - August 1 & 8

Yeah, irrespective of who gets in Celtic are a problem. They are due to play the other four that are already there at home but can have a maximum of three home games. That means someone will get a third home game with them. That means some other fixtures may be flipped to accommodate that. Taking our fixtures in isolation we should be home to Killie and Ross C and away to the rest but there is no guarantee. Also I suspect there is no way we will be at home to St Johnstone as we got three home games with them last season and already have had two this time so for us to have had six league home games over two seasons while they have only had two is grossly unfair.

Surely 3 of our post split games should be at home?

If not we'll end up having played 18 home games & 20 away.

I know this would mean a 3-1 home to away advantage in our favour against 1 team but sure this has happened to us a few times.

Would prefer that to be against Celtic but only way that would be possible is if they were to win the league on Saturday. Obviously don't want that as would mean us losing & them winning!

We got diddled out of a home game v the Old firm a season or two back. LD has made it clear to the SPL that if anyone is disadvantaged by one less home game it should be Ross C or ICT, none of whom would have been placed in the top half at the start of the season.

So if the top 6 comes to pass as is, then I would expect Ross C (H), Killie (h), ICT (away), St J (away) and

wait for it Celtic (h).

What if we play Celtic at home in the 1st game post split and it is the game they could win the title. Higgy Saturday anyone???? I wonder of the club would ask us to give over the Cooper......;)

If we win Saturday there's no chance we'll get another home game against Celtic.

Would mean only them & us could win the league (as is the case now actually), so in the interests of 'sporting integrity', they would have to make sure we play each other equal times home & away.

While it would be nice financially to have them at home again & also the fact we'd have a better chance of beating them at Fir Park, let's hope it doesn't happen!

How come we only get 2 home fixtures again given we finished 3rd last year?

Because they predict the top six based on 19 home 19 away over both pre and post split, whether you are due 17+2 or 16+3 is a flip of the coin. The problem comes if 4 16+3 or 4 17+2 teams appear in the same half when one team in one half foregoes a home game whilst a team in the other half gains one.

Imagine how exciting this year's league would have been if Celtic were out the picture too.

Imagine how exciting it would have been if we hadnt thrown away so many silly points earlier in the season.

Looking at where Celtic are right now I genuinely feel this season is likely to be viewed in retrospect as an opportunity missed.