Budget For Next Season

si91

no even sure how it makes sense.. i mean, we will be losing key players who are on the higher end of the wage bill you'd think... so saving money.. we only budgeted this season for bottom six so surely since we have done far better than expected we should have made some kind of profit? are the attendances that much down from last year?we had the games against panathinakos and levante, and the extra home tie vs celtic! where is the money going!? not like we have a massive squad filled with bad players who are terribly overpaid or anything.. do we?

feel free to go review what you both think what the club budgets for

and think back to the summer when they laid it out for all to see when the Rangers vote was happening

thanks to success on the field and a little bit of luck in a cup draw, the drop might not have been as much as projected

but with expectations of top six and cup runs, average crowds down? pitch relaid etc I doubt we've had a profitable year.

look forward to no league sponsor and next season, and it would be no surprise if its trimmed again, pretty sure its been mentioned

At this rate we'll have be budgeting for relegation. Simple fact is we need a sponsor and more people to go along.

If you don't bother yer arse going, the clubs not gonna make any money out of you.

Don't forget that a higher league placing will mean higher bonuses paid to players. Also, players who will remain with us next year will be entitled to wage rises so the situation is not entirely clear cut. Add to that the cost of reseeding the pitch and a potentially healthy profit is whittled away. We were warned of this months ago. Other clubs too though are having to reduce their budgets.

All sorts of unknowns. Remember when we got to the cup final we had a game at Dens, a game at Tannadice on the TV in the build up plus all the cost benefits of getting there. We missed out on all of that and having drawn an SPL team and having a replay we didn't get the benefit of a TV revenue. The cup is the time where you do get a financial benefit from being on the TV. We are still on the rebound from a season where we failed to sell someone plus all the expenses above.

All this and we are trying to project with no competition sponsor.

Budgets change but in the here and now I'm not surprised we are where we are.

As far as I can see wee got a total of either 220,000 euros (or 310,000 euros??) from UEFA for our 2 European games.

Last paragraph of both articles....

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/management/finance/news/newsid=1840941.html

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/management/finance/news/newsid=1840934.html

Plus 2 decent crowds at fir park (one at £30 a pop!)

We may have fallen at the 1st hurdle in both cups, but our share of a decent crowd at ibrox and pittodrie, plus the Aberdeen replay at fir park surely equates to more than playing Brechin away, Alloa at home....

Both were also televised (i think you get the money for cup ties?).

So it's hard to believe we've faced financial "Armageddon" this season.

I smell shite from the club. We had 3 home games v the mhanks plus 2 european home game so that more than made up for no Rangers game plus we budgeted for bottom 6 yet finished 2nd.

Add in selling Jamie Murphy. Just seems we have absolutely no ambition.

3 home games against Celtic doesn't generate any more cash than 2 home games against Rangers and 1 home game against Celtic in any other season.

TV money was reduced this season.

Crowds averages are down by around 600 or so this season.

Getting papped out in the first round of both Euro competitions doesn't generate a huge amount of extra cash (although the final amount we are awarded hasn't been determined yet I don't think).

We didn't get as far in the Cups as we budgeted for.

The club said earlier in the season that we are paying out more win bonuses than we had budgeted for.

Plus, was there not a projected loss to manage as well?

EDIT: I don't think we're in bad shape though, and our rivals will be in the same boat. We also seem to have done good business in signing up some the U-20s that we wanted to hold on to.

Getting papped out in the first round of both Euro competitions doesn't generate a huge amount of extra cash (although the final amount we are awarded hasn't been determined yet I don't think).

We didn't get as far in the Cups as we budgeted for.

See my post a few up, it's last years money, but seems a fair indicator, also, although we didnt progress in cups, we had 2 games on TV and our share of ibrox game was surely worth 2 or 3 rounds of 5000 gates?

As far as I can see wee got a total of either 210,000 euros (or 310,000 euros??) from UEFA for our 2 European games.

Last paragraph of both articles....

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/management/finance/news/newsid=1840941.html

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/management/finance/news/newsid=1840934.html

Plus 2 decent crowds at fir park (one at £30 a pop!)

We may have fallen at the 1st hurdle in both cups, but our share of a decent crowd at ibrox and pittodrie, plus the Aberdeen replay at fir park surely equates to more than playing Brechin away, Alloa at home....

Both were also televised (i think you get the money for cup ties?).

So it's hard to believe we've faced financial "Armageddon" this season.

some of that might be accurate and most is true, sounds great doesn't it, will it be enough to offset the £600,000 loss we just declared and offset the loss of league sponsor money and continue to cover the Rangers game income, which wasnt really properly prepared for this season?

haven't seen Armageddon mentioned, but being realistic and allowing the full picture to unravel would be nice instead of the couple of posts saying potential cuts are bullshit

If away fans continue not to travel our budget will continue having to be cut. When we are getting 164 st Johnstone fans, 180 odd Inverness fans, 170ish Ross county fans and so called big city clubs like Dundee Utd and hearts bring 350 fans for games at fir park then what else can we do but to cut our budgets further. Motherwell try very hard to get people along but when so many people's personal budgets are pushed to the max football has become a luxury for many football fans.It has not been a secret that we need to sell players and do well in the cup competitions to keep progressing on a financial level. This did not happen this year and add to that the change in the second place prize money and the money we were cheated out of by Rangers last season this amounts to at least a couple of million we has lost out on. No doubt we will see players leave and they won't be replaced by seasoned pros but by ZFA, Stuart Carswell, Bob McHugh and others. Next season will be the season that Stuart McCall will have to earn every penny of his wages not that he doesn't at the moment.

• Like 1

To add to all other streams of money mentioned, theres supposed to be a windfall from Uefa after Celtics champions league run.

Great news that we are in the black and creating security for the future, but after a number of successful seasons (league placings, cup runs, europe)...begs the question, what would the outlook have been had we been finishing 10th with no europe and losing in all domestic cups in our first round matches past few seasons?

Unless ive missed it, what investment are we making into a first class academy? The rate we are going with cuts, we are not going to attract any decent players from down south (model that has served us well past 4 yrs).

If we are gaving to cut our budget given our relative success then just think what kind of shape the rest of the league must be in. We run a tight ship. No real debt. Cant see many of our players ending up at other Scottish clubs. If we shop well then I think we can maintain our position.