Celtic V Motherwell 18/1/14

Yabba's Turd

A lot of the unwashed from phone in's and their forums seem to think Keith Lasley is particularly dirty especially when it comes to them (bear in mind they are both the world's best fans and the victims of establishment conspiracies). You wonder if any of this paranoia seeps down to the players and influenced Stokes' behaviour so late in the match when the game was won.

Just when we're on the subject, I fully expect them to appeal on Monday. While the SFA can retrospectively punish someone for aggressive behaviour, does anyone know if that extends to diving to win penalties?

I've always wondered why handball by an outfield player on the line or the last defender bringing down a striker through to deny a clear goalscoring opportunity are immediate reds however a striker diving to try and deceive the ref and win a penalty with a fair chance of the defending player also being booked only ever gets a yellow.

I'm quite sure aluko got suspended retrospectively after diving to win a penalty for rangers a few seasons back, and O'Connor for hibs (which was then rescinded) so yes...

Totally agree with your comment. A penalty or free kick should be given for a FOUL, not for simply contact. Stokes was about 10 yards past neilsen when he went down.

I'm quite sure aluko got suspended retrospectively after diving to win a penalty for rangers a few seasons back, and O'Connor for hibs (which was then rescinded) so yes...

Totally agree with your comment. A penalty or free kick should be given for a FOUL, not for simply contact. Stokes was about 10 yards past neilsen when he went down.

In order for anything like that to happen there needs to be trial by sportscene and let's face it that is just never gonna happen they will all say well there was contact and that Stokes tried to stay on his feet, utter bullshit they will also say the red card was harsh

Fair doo's. On second viewing Stokes does make a beeline for Lasley as soon as he gets the ball so you could infer intent from that.

Still far from the worst tackle of the weekend. Anyone see the Man Utd game. Rafael on Cahill is a real shocker and he only got a yellow!

Fair doo's. On second viewing Stokes does make a beeline for Lasley as soon as he gets the ball so you could infer intent from that.

Still far from the worst tackle of the weekend. Anyone see the Man Utd game. Rafael on Cahill is a real shocker and he only got a yellow!

Agree but in fairness to the ref I thought it was ok at first that he got the ball. but then replay clearly showed just how wreckless and dangerous it was even although he got the ball. Far worse than the one Vidic got sent off for.

Keith showing his class. From Evening Times

No problem with Stokes, says Lasley

KEITH LASLEY has revealed that he has no hard feelings towards Celtic hitman Anthony Stokes.

The Motherwell skipper was cleaned out by the Hoops striker in the 80th minute of Celtic's 3-0 win over Well at Parkhead on Saturday, with Stokes immediately shown a straight red by referee Bobby Madden for his crude tackle.Yet while admitting his relief that he was not on the end of a serious injury, Las says that Stokes' challenge goes with the territory and the Well midfielder accepts that he has also got it wrong in the hurly-burly of life in the SPFL Premiership boiler room.

The Motherwell captain said: "Football is a physical game and challenges are there to be made and if you take that out of the game what do you have left? I have no problem with Anthony Stokes' challenge, he went for the ball and mistimed it and that is that.

"Obviously I am relieved that I just have some bruising to show for it. I'm also relieved that I am not going to be out for a good while, because that is always the worry when you know you are on the end of a sore one.

"But at the same time I have made plenty of these and it goes with the territory when you are in the midfield. So there are certainly no problems on my behalf and it is on to the Aberdeen game."

But Las admits that he has been stung by some of the comments made by TV pundits who have suggested that Stokes' shocker was retribution for a challenge he made on Celtic defender Adam Matthews, back in October, that resulted in the Welsh international sustaining a fractured collarbone.

Las said: "I think my tackle on Adam Matthews was a totally different thing, so I was a bit disappointed to hear some of the suggestions being made on TV over the weekend that the two were related.

"It is very disappointing when you hear comparisons being drawn like that and I don't think for one minute that was the case. Comments like that on TV don't help things. But that is football for you. It is a game full of talking points and without that the game would be a lot less colourful."

Despite the fact Well have now played the Hoops three times this term and conceded 10 goals without reply, en route to three heavy defeats, Las reckons there were positives that can be taken from this latest bout of purgatory in Paradise.

The Fir Park ace said: "I think the two big positives for us were that we created clear-cut chances against Celtic and that we did not capitulate in the second half after going in 2-0. In fact, we had a chance to pull one back at two down and if that had gone in then it is adifferent match.

"So we move on and with Aberdeen next at Fir Park we have a huge game to look forward to."

Keep saying I'm never going back to Celtic Park because its even more crap if you're with someone who uses a wheelchair.

The view was never the best but the Stewards really went the extra mile to make us feel welcome on Saturday.

2014-01-18 16.30.02 (640x480).jpg

That's absolutely honkin' and surely can't be meeting the basic standards of equality law. Did you pay full price for the tickets? If so, I'm sure even that isn't right as clubs have got to charge the same price for seats with a simlar view acorss the ground. A few quid is knocked off if there is a big pole in the way, and it should apply if someones mug is in the way.

Thanks for all your support and comments guys and just to answer a few of your questions.

We are members of the Scottish DSA and they are well aware of the issues at Celtic Park and are trying to find a resolution.

Disabled fans generally pay a reduced rate at games, normally between £10-£15 for a wheelchair user and their carer, Celtic in fact charge £10. This is because you are generally stuck down the front or behind the goals (eg St Mirren/Kilmarnock )so have no choice over where you can watch the game, Some parks like Tynecastle offer a great view because you are elevated.

Ambulant disabled fans generally get a reduced rate if you sit in designated areas (normally at the front of a stand) or are charged the full rate if they choose to sit where they want. Most disabled fans (including wheelchairs)would be happy to pay the going rate if they had a good view of the pitch.Just because you're disabled it doesn't mean you're looking to be treated differently after all.

Having stewards blocking your view is not unique to Celtic Park although it is probably the worst example in Scottish football and hopefully we can embarrass them into doing something about it via social media.

Keep saying I'm never going back to Celtic Park because its even more crap if you're with someone who uses a wheelchair.

The view was never the best but the Stewards really went the extra mile to make us feel welcome on Saturday.

2014-01-18 16.30.02 (640x480).jpg

Did you ask if they could move, if so what was their response?