Motherwell V Inverness Ct 19/03/14 Wednesday

Yabba's Turd

3 days after a cup final, we should be too strong for them, injuries permitting.

What goes around comes around I guess. I recall a few years ago we were ordered to play a cup tie at Inverness on the Monday evening after we played on the Saturday (ICT had a free weekend). They're a fit squad but yes the next week should test their stamina.

Engage. typing. brain. before?

We'll have ballsed up in defence, yet, by your logic 'This one has score draw written all over it' :ok:

I don't think it's too difficult to understand the point I was making. The poster I quoted said that if we don't win we'll have ballsed up somewhere, I replied 'in defence', meaning that yes, this is a very winnable match for us given ICT's commitments beforehand but the same could have been said of the Hibs game at the weekend, albeit because Hibs are a poor side, but we conceded three cheap goals, just as we did did against Partick Thistle and St.Johnstone and - Thistle game apart - ended up dropping points as a result.

To simplify, I think this is a game that we can very easily win but our defensive frailties could well stop us doing that. That would be where we would have 'ballsed up' because while we can certainly score we can also certainly concede, hence I think this one's a score draw.

• Like 1

Just noticed that Dundee Utd have two very winnable home games (St Johnstone and St Mirren) before we play this match, so the gap between us could be down to a point.

but then they have to play Inverness, aberdeen and celtic still.................. that sentence would have looked much better before they got mauled 5 - 0 at the weekend

ideally hibs beat them. then on sunday clangers throws in a foran trundler in the 119th minute to hand aberdeen the cup.

if ICT win the cup i expect yogi and their irish lads to still be pished when they get here on wednesday. hopefully they do a spurs who beat chelsea in the cup, partied too hard and got hammered 4-1 by birmingham in their next fixture.

ledlay3.jpg

:drinks:

Wrong thread I know but...

I see Dom Thomas just scored 4 for the u20s and by all accounts sounds like a couple of belters too.

What's the deal with him and celtic and compensation? Sure I read somethibg about that on here recently

Is that why we've not been playing him from the bench? I thought he'd have got on instead of cadden the last few games he seems a bit of a stand out for the under 20's

Wrong thread I know but...

I see Dom Thomas just scored 4 for the u20s and by all accounts sounds like a couple of belters too.

What's the deal with him and celtic and compensation? Sure I read somethibg about that on here recently

mccall said at the agm if he makes five first team appearances we owe celtic compensation.

he was excellent when i saw him in the summer at cowdenbeath. great movement and vision.

What's the point of having Thomas if we're not gonna play him?

He's only 17, so it might be that once he turns 18 or something the fee doesn't apply.

However, I'm just guessing at that and have completely made it up!

It could be just as likely that, at 17, the gaffer doesn't feel he's quite ready to make the step up yet.