2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

St Johnstone are a rich club believe it or not, despite their terrible crowds their conference facility and astroturf generate a lot of income... Also they won a trophy (hint hint Motherwell, grrr!!)

The fact that Geoff Brown would sell his mother for a bit of extra cash probably helps too. But aye, well run.

Worth remembering that they've got just about the most saleable asset in Scottish football just now as well in Stevie May. Goodwillie move may indicate him on his way out..

Not surprising if he is training with us. Would be happy to see him back at the club, primarily as cover for Moore in the short term, but I do hope plans are in place to invest in a striker with potential.

If Clarkson does return though, then be could play a significant role in the coming years like Lasley and Hammell.

Will be interesting to see if we have 1 or 2 trialists heading out to Algarve.

I have mixed feelings about Clarkson. Would rather have kept Anier or the return of Murphy or Higdon. Not that any of those were likely to happen.

He was hardly prolific in his spell with us which seems a long time ago.

No hard feelings but would rather move on.

I suspect McCall is simply having a look to see if he would be a worthwhile addition..

wouldnt complain if Clarky returned but I think a short term deal and taking a gamble on another "Ojamaa style" striker as well would be needed as Moore is gubbed and Erwin completely unproven.

We still need a centre back immediately and a left winger I think. Would be surprised if we had funds for 4 players though might need to be a couple of loan deals

he was our player of the year two years in a row, deservedly got into the scotland squad and got us a big fee. If his form of 2007-09 was guaranteed it would be no brainer but he has had some bad injuries.

You would hope we would be cautious after wasting so much money on mcfadden.

As some have said re-signing Clarkson is a step in the wrong direction. I would prefer if we persevered with younger players with the view to selling them on for a profit. However, embarking on a European campaign with young inexperienced players could be viewed as a risk and McCall will be wary of going down that route.

People said signing Sutton again was a step back. Don't see anyone complaining about him now. Why should Clarkson be any different ? If he came in and grabbed 10-15 goals next season the same people bad mouthing him now would be singing his praises. As some have said i'd like to see youngsters come through as well but Moore has a long term injury and Erwin has not played enough yet, if Clarkson comes back i'll welcome him back no bother at all.

Clarkson has scored 25 goals in the last 5 seasons playing at a standard that is similar or just below ours. When he left he was a 23 year old with potential and worked like a trojan. He has not progressed and if anything has regressed. Lee Erwin scored half that amount in 6 months at Arbroath last season,and was highly praised for his play, why not give him a chance and wait for something better? Clarkson would be a total step back and a poor signing when every penny is a prisoner