2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Because I don't think we would spend the money on taking a player abroad if there wasnt a good chance we will be signing him. A couple of years ago Faddy didnt travel preseason when he was just using training facilities.

Totally agree with you, which is why I was surprised when Mr. T. Rialist a.k.a. Craig Reid ended up going last year. Fair enough his situation wasn't straightforward with McManus turning the trip down in favour of a trial with Hibs.

Stephen Hughes, Frazzle.

Hardly a mistake though as claimed.

He was given training facilities, which was "upgraded" to a contract for a month, and then allowed to move on when it became sufficiently clear he wasn't going to improve our team at that time.

And no, McHugh was given his debut by Mark McGhee which shows how long he's been kicking about trying to establish himself as a first-teamer.

You can see why guys like Stuart McCall don't do online football forums

Unfair and inaccurate comments

facepalm.gif Its a football forum..Its supposed to have every sort of comment you can imagine in it. Its only as unfair or inaccurate as how each person views the post. It would be as boring as fuck if every post had to be pre-checked for accuracy and fairness...Think you would find that this forum would die overnight if you wanted it to be like that.

• Like 1

I'd be interested to know how often Sutton and Anier started together last season. My gut feeling is that it wasn't that often.

Point is, we seldom started with two out and out strikers. Normally five in midfield or with McFadden as a link man in a 4411. For me, it makes a Shiels type a more likely signing. Could Clarkson do that? Well, I seem to recall him playing winger for Bristol but does he have the footballing intelligence to play the McFadden role? He certainly could fit the bill as a replacement for Anier in those situations when we threw Anier on alongside Sutton. Would be a decent signing but would he start every week and would he be better going somewhere like Hibs where he probably would...

That is complete crap. Anier and Sutton started 18 league games together. Sutton started all but one game and was seldom ever a lone striker, in fact he was the striker more likely to play off the front with McFadden or Anier playing up against the centre half.

In close games Sutton was always the one who would drop back to defend on the wings, not McFadden who was unable to adequately move up and down the pitch and not Anier who was far too aggressive and reckless to trust at the back.

Plus big John isn't great at holding up the play to wait for support. Like Higdon he is great when he knows where he he passing/heading the ball before it arrives at him. He also can't really dribble.

So Anier's main attributes were being fast enough to be a threat with balls over the top, skillful enough to beat a defender with the ball at his feet and able to finish when a chance came his way. Last season neither McFadden or McHugh showed they could do any of those three things reliably.

Confirmed by the man himself on Twitter earlier today.

https://twitter.com/...913665621164032

Thanks for that Numpty.

My contact is on holiday and I couldn't get a straight answer from other sources.

Bit of a shame as I thought he could have been a good squad player.

More concerned with club not getting compensation, even only a thousand or so, which would always be a help to the club , given the financial difficulties in Scottish football.

More concerned with club not getting compensation, even only a thousand or so, which would always be a help to the club , given the financial difficulties in Scottish football.

Do you know where he is going then?

if you know there is no compensation

Do you know where he is going then?

if you know there is no compensation

Sorry mate, nae idea..

Basing this on snippet I heard 're negotiations before I was on holiday, and the fact the club haven't made any official statement. I don't think they would be slow telling us they got money in for a player, given the number that have left over the last couple of seasons for nowt.

Could be I'm putting 2+2 and getting 5 .

1404058677[/url]' post='415166']

Thanks for that Numpty.

My contact is on holiday and I couldn't get a straight answer from other sources.

Bit of a shame as I thought my son could have been a good squad player.

Fixed that for you. As for your concern on the club not getting compensation? Spare us.

Basing this on snippet I heard 're negotiations before I was on holiday, and the fact the club haven't made any official statement. I don't think they would be slow telling us they got money in for a player, given the number that have left over the last couple of seasons for nowt.

Just the 5?

You've known the situation from the off, whereby, those at the club want/wanted to keep both Murray and Stewart and were actively juggling the budget to suit which till now they've been unable to do given contracted players haven't been moved on as had been hoped in a 'he'll sign if player x moves on sort of way'.

That's the reason the club have not announced their 'release' as such.

Still, you managed to throw a few curve balls in, with a personal slate on Adam Cummins a few pages previously into the bargain, which I alluded to last night. Need I say more?

I'd go with that for now, until more comes out, if it ever does

he's a good lad, who I felt could go on and play first team, easily for us, but I dont know just how good he really is or indeed his real potential,me being just a punter

I asked him and he said he was offered a deal, from that point of view, the club done all they can regards gaining compensation etc.

can argue long and hard about how good a deal etc, but with an excess of players in front of him for game time, it would be difficult for club to offer big stakes or indeed for the lad to choose to stay and be at least third in line for any likely place, when at a stage in his career where, its all about playing time.

As for the club not commenting on him leaving, they have not on any player who moved on with an expired contract

or were you commenting on compensation?, be hard if the lad hasnt signed for anyone yet or indeed retired as ESWB might be implying.

If you know more, please fill in some blanks, for me it still looks like unfortunate timing for both parties, or if a little harshly put, a successful first team , which has led to limited spaces for lads breaking through, under budget restraints.

EDIT: or what the fella above says, you're just leading us on

I'd go with that for now, until more comes out, if it ever does

he's a good lad, who I felt could go on and play first team, easily for us, but I dont know just how good he really is or indeed his real potential,me being just a punter

I asked him and he said he was offered a deal, from that point of view, the club done all they can regards gaining compensation etc.

can argue long and hard about how good a deal etc, but with an excess of players in front of him for game time, it would be difficult for club to offer big stakes or indeed for the lad to choose to stay and be at least third in line for any likely place, when at a stage in his career where, its all about playing time.

As for the club not commenting on him leaving, they have not on any player who moved on with an expired contract

or were you commenting on compensation?, be hard if the lad hasnt signed for anyone yet or indeed retired as ESWB might be implying.

Pretty much agree with that Iain. We have got a limited budget and some situations aren't clear cut. We can only assume that the club has prioritised its playing budget to date.

Just wakened with the mother and father of all WC hangovers.

It would appear I have offended a fellow poster with my vodka fuelled ramblings, and I apologise unreservedly for that.

I have been a little naive in posting bits of info I had and jumping to the wrong conclusion.

I will no longer post when pished, and even when sober will consider carefully, as it is bad enough coming home drunk with an ugly tattoo or half eaten kebab, but a pro footballer; wow !

Again my apolgies to anyone I have offended.

• Like 1