2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Absolutely delighted at this news. Just what we need in the team, a bit of energy and directness. Such an exciting player to watch, hopefully he's able to come in and pick up where he left off. He's also the type of player that could help make the most of the creativity of Law and Vigurs. Excellent.

Need to explain that one to me...

I guess it means he is one more place down the pecking order.

Dom will get his chance.

We are a thin squad and 2 additions in Ojamma and possibly O'Brien are to be welcomed. My Derby supporting colleague rates him highly - O'Brien that is. Harsh on Kerr possibly - but his injury record is as good or bad as ramsden, so he may still get the chance

Bottom line is we want the strongest team we can afford on the pitch

Absolutely amazing news.

I get the concerns about the young guys, but we're absolutely scunnered when it comes to squad depth. Heard on the radio that Dundee United had over 50 registered senior players on Wednesday night, we had under 30. There's a chance Ojamaa may fill a role behind the strikers anyway.

We could play a 442 diamond with;

Dan

Reid obrien/Kerr McManus hammell/zfa/ferguson

Carswell

Ainsworth vigurs

Ojamaa

Erwin Sutton

Where ojamaa, vigurs and Erwin could alternate, maybe even ainsworth.

for a team thats prone to shipping a few goals ,there is not much in the line of defence in that midfield.

could lead to some high scoring encounters!

Think Ojamaa is exactly the kind of player we need but to be as effective as he was before he is going to have to be better than he was then. Whilst the current squad is good, it isn't as good as the one he left. However he will have given the place a lift and hopefully he will be the spark we need.

We could play a 442 diamond with;

Dan

Reid obrien/Kerr McManus hammell/zfa/ferguson

Carswell

Ainsworth vigurs

Ojamaa

Erwin Sutton

Where ojamaa, vigurs and Erwin could alternate, maybe even ainsworth.

The East and West points of your diamond aren't really known for their work ethic and tracking back.

I also fear Josh Law may be a bit aggrieved as he's been one of the few players to offer much so far.

Needless to say I doubt McCall would ever play such an attack minded formation, it not in his DNA.

I reckon our boss is more inclined with the following as HIS preferred and strongest starting XI at present (when all fully fit):

Dan

Ramsden Reid McManus Hammell

Carswell

Law Lasley Vigurs

Ojamaa

Sutton

With Vigurs and Sutton the first to be subbed based on how things are going.

Needless to say I doubt McCall would ever play such an attack minded formation, it not in his DNA.

Not so sure. For the 2012/13 campaign he played 5 very forward thinking players together - Higdon, Ojamaa, Humphrey, Law and Murphy/Faddy/Higginbotham. Hardly guys renowned for their defensive game. Obviously a strong back 4, excellent keeper and Lasley sitting midfield was essential to the gameplan, but you can't say Mccall wouldn't go for the attacking formation if he could.

Not so sure. For the 2012/13 campaign he played 5 very forward thinking players together - Higdon, Ojamaa, Humphrey, Law and Murphy/Faddy/Higginbotham. Hardly guys renowned for their defensive game. Obviously a strong back 4, excellent keeper and Lasley sitting midfield was essential to the gameplan, but you can't say Mccall wouldn't go for the attacking formation if he could.

Yeah, was about to post this. Short memories from some folk.