2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

There's a very decent argument for Erwin to get game time over Sutton if we bring in another striker. Erwin is young and has the potential to sell on for a good bit of cash if he reaches near his potential, Sutton on the other hand will not be far away from the decline.

This is what McCall was trying to counteract with his comments after Saturday's game about Erwin's hard work starting here. Let's not put too much pressure on the guy and expect him to be the saviour after one start for the first team...

And by the same token, to write off a guy who scored more than 20 goals last season as on the wane after one league game, seems a touch premature...

• Like 1

Cannot agree more..........

Let's not get excited about our own homegrown talent..... Or get excited about a potential very good young footballer coming up to further his career with a loan spell.

Let's all sit and dwell on last seasons glory and the rotten pre-season!!! That's much more fun!!!

I guess all I mean is lets not be too hasty in saying we are dropping Sutton straight away, a proven scorer with his limitations obviously, for a couple of unproven, but promising youngsters :-)

If we could rotate them all to our benefit then ideal. If Erwin and our loanee are shit hot then fire on!!

Anyone honestly see someone from Manchester city's youth academy coming tae Motherwell .Sorry guys I just can't see that happening.

Why don't you check things out before jumping in two footed?

Check what out. Has the guy signed .

You jumped in yesterday regarding crowds now you are jumping in about us being unable to get Man City youth players.The boy St Mirren had was one of the best players on the park on Saturday.St Mirren are not a bigger draw for a young player than us are they?

Cole and Hiwula are two of the highest rated prospects on the English academy scene. From what I've read and the snippets I've seen, Hiwula is closer to matching McCalls criteria of a player that runs in behind. The pair of them have played together for a while.

Amazed we are looking at City prospects.

Jordy Hiwula seems to be highly rated at Man city, he has just signed a new 2 year deal, might be a great bit of business by SMC if we can get him or Devante Cole on loan. Maybe even both as they seem to have a good partnership for scoring goals in the Man city u20's, could they adapt to Suttons style :whistling:

McCall also stated that one of the prospects he was looking at decided to stay down south. I reckon that could be one of the Man City boys.

Would rather it was kept secret up until it happened if it does..

Would like Erwin to be given his chance unless whoever comes up is a sensational goal scoring machine

Cannot agree more..........

Let's not get excited about our own homegrown talent..... Or get excited about a potential very good young footballer coming up to further his career with a loan spell.

Let's all sit and dwell on last seasons glory and the rotten pre-season!!! That's much more fun!!!

All I was saying was after one start, it's a bit early to say Erwin should be starting ahead of a guy with a proven SPL track record. I, as much as the next Well fan, hope that Erwin develops into the new Chris Porter (reminds me a bit of him) but let's not pile a load of pressure on him. Everyone thought Craig Moore was ready to make a real impact after his goal against Hearts.

One swallow does not a summer make...

I agree 100% MB. Hopefully SMc will give Erwin more of a chance after his start than he did with Moore who went back to the bench and didn't get much of a sniff if my recollection is correct. To an extent rightly so due to Suttons goals and Anier/Faddy ahead.

I fully expected Moore if he wasn't injured to have been given a fair whack of game time this year. Ahead of Boab and possibly Erwin. But you cannot legislate for injuries.

No one is claiming he is the messiah who will win the league for us but after a summer of disappointment and very little excitement it's genuinely interesting to see that our biggest attacking threat at the weekend was a young developing player who showed hunger and desire to prove himself.....