2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

Quinn was gone about 3 years before we signed Reid, we only got Reid last season and it was Mark McGhee who got rid of Quinn. Id only have taken Jamie MacDonald and Paul Quinn over the options above as the rest of them are just as good as each other, well apart from Ojamaa as I feel if he can replicate the form he had when he was here then he would be far better than Clarkson.

Quinn is about to sign for Hibs after being released by Doncaster

Yeah he arrived with a fair bit of promise given his performances for Dumbarton and was previously captain of Scotland u18s.

Within a few months of arriving though, he done his cruciate in training aged 17 and was out for the season. Never went on to make a 1st team appearance for us.

He's played regularly since leaving so may well climb back up the leagues.

Quinn was gone about 3 years before we signed Reid, we only got Reid last season and it was Mark McGhee who got rid of Quinn. Id only have taken Jamie MacDonald and Paul Quinn over the options above as the rest of them are just as good as each other, well apart from Ojamaa as I feel if he can replicate the form he had when he was here then he would be far better than Clarkson.

Maybe Clarkson's best days are behind him but I still think he could have done a job with us and I disagree that Ojamaa was 'far better' than Clarkson.

Clarkson scored 56 goals for the club meaning there aren't many players who have scored more goals for Motherwell in the last 40 years or so at the top level.

They aren't exactly like for like but Clarkson was a better goalscorer than Ojamaa and after McGhee took over he was very consistent. I think his contribution to Motherwell is often over looked.

Got to agree.

Clarkson when he broke through was one of the best young players to ever play for our club. He was exceptional. There is no denying it. I mind Tid on here turning round to us and describing him in one word a "nuisance". He gave defenders a torrid time and still scored goals.

To me he was subsequently ruined by Terry Butcher who burned him out at a young age by playing him as a lone striker asking him to do the donkey work and then getting no service or reward. He then was dropped from the team at a critical age before being brought back into the fold scoring a few goals and getting his move. Chris McCart has often said he is the best young talent he has ever worked with at all clubs and the genuine future world star. When he first broke through I thought he was a future international player and £m player for us.

Alongside, McFadden and Slane(to an extent), Clarkson was the most excited I have ever felt about a young player progressing at our club. Total shame that with injuries and in my opinion bad management of a youngster he hasnt reached the potential he had.

Got to agree.

Clarkson when he broke through was one of the best young players to ever play for our club. He was exceptional. There is no denying it. I mind Tid on here turning round to us and describing him in one word a "nuisance". He gave defenders a torrid time and still scored goals.

To me he was subsequently ruined by Terry Butcher who burned him out at a young age by playing him as a lone striker asking him to do the donkey work and then getting no service or reward. He then was dropped from the team at a critical age before being brought back into the fold scoring a few goals and getting his move. Chris McCart has often said he is the best young talent he has ever worked with at all clubs and the genuine future world star. When he first broke through I thought he was a future international player and £m player for us.

Alongside, McFadden and Slane(to an extent), Clarkson was the most excited I have ever felt about a young player progressing at our club. Total shame that with injuries and in my opinion bad management of a youngster he hasnt reached the potential he had.

Spot on mate. Anyone got footage of the hatrick he scored against Dundee united.

Faddy played the full 90mins today. Probably first time he has done that in a while. Don't know how well he played but whenever he was with us, he was at best getting 60mins or so.

Are you suggesting that as a club we don't do enough to ensure our players are in peak condition? That a player over 30 is fitter having trained himself over the summer than he was after training with us last season?

Surely not...

• Like 1

McFadden played with a torn hamstring for 2 months last season. Surely that reflects badly on the club.

Clarkson impressed me today but so did Greg Stewart. A player who caught my eye in a televised playoff match for Cowdenbeath last season. Sadly, Motherwell don't seem to look at this market.

Are you suggesting that as a club we don't do enough to ensure our players are in peak condition? That a player over 30 is fitter having trained himself over the summer than he was after training with us last season?

Surely not...

The fittest McFadden was with us was when he re-signed after training but not playing with Sunderland for 6 months.

He obviously builds up his fitness but playing competitive games gives him niggles and wear and tear that brings that down.