Ict V Motherwell Fc 01/04/14

Welldaft Mk1

What was Vigurs goal like? Did they describe it on the radio?

Gave it a good few mins. Said a thing of beauty that neutrals would enjoy. Like playing five a sides or a training game with your mates the number of 1-2s we had. Good to hear, looking forward to seeing it.

Sutton starting it off then numerous 1-2s between vigours and moore, then vigours curling a shot with outside of the boot

A great result tonight in a crunch game. Well done to Stuart and the team. It was never going to be easy but we've seized the 3 points. Iain Vigurs seems to be hitting a rich vein of form. Scoring against his old team too

:cheers:

Who made the first goal? The much maligned Fraser Kerr. Only downside seems to be Craig Reid's injury - hope its not too bad and we can keep Kerr fit.

Followed the BBC's text commentary - biased or what?

C'mon the Well. Safe journey back home for our travelling fans - they'll have enjoyed it.

Brilliant 3 points, poor game all round though. Our first goal was class, Fraser Kerr looked up and just pinged one right onto the unrushing Anier, didn't make out the finish but a great swift goal. Caley's equaliser was ridiculous; the Caley defender with a two-handed shove right into the back of Craig Moore, about 5 yards in front of the linesmen who absolutely shat it. Ten seconds later the ball was in the back of the net, a sweet strike that at the time I didn't think Gunnar could have done anything about, I could be wrong though. And then the winner, firstly a majestic leap from big handsome that he absolutely had to win, and Vigurs and Moore (who was fantastic when he came on) played about 40 passes between each other before Vigurs with the outside of his left boot from 18 yards smashed it past the keeper. Twas a thing of beauty.

The formation was a weird one, Reid started in the holding role and took 3 or 4 really sore ones, really not suprised to see him subbed at HT. He put himself about well and looks like he could do a job there. In the 2nd half, I had no idea where ZFA was meant to be playing. Jack Leitch was kinda left-wing-back-central-midfieldish, and struggled. Hutchy's distribution from the back made Craigan look like Beckham at times, and McManus was head and shoulders above anyone else on the park.

Special mention to the fans, particularly the guys at the front who spent the whole 2nd half singing "RYAAAAAAAAN, RYAAAAAAAAN!" at Ryan Esson!

Gotta feel for Caley, from cruising in 2nd place to completely out the race for Europe. John Hughes must stay!

Hardly a classic of a game but I thought we played ok. I managed to miss Anier's goal while going for a slash, gutted. In the 43 mins I saw of the first half not a lot really happened tbh.

Not too much was really happening in the 2nd half either, till one of their players cracked a thunderbolt off the post. I thought it was going in off it but thankfully it bounced wide and we were safe (for a while). ICT were lucky to get the equaliser in my mind. Although he's just a wee boy and does get pushed off the ball far too easily, I really thought wee Moore was fouled just before their goal. Gunnar should've done better for it but it was the ref I was screaming at when it went in.

Our winner was a belter. I thought Moore and Vigurs had both played one too many passes with each other, but they each played their balls perfectly, and it was the coolest of finishes from our most talented player (sincerely) that won it for us. Outside of the foot past Esson into the bottom corner. Vigurs was loving it, we were loving it, And the Caley fans were absolutely seething at their ex player. Glorious!

• Like 1

87 of us there tonight. Fuckin mental of the SFA to schedule it for a Tuesday night, We would have probably taken about 3-400 with us on a Saturday.

Still 3 points so was worth the trip even although I probably won't get back home till 1am.

87 of us there tonight. Fuckin mental of the SFA to schedule it for a Tuesday night, We would have probably taken about 3-400 with us on a Saturday.

Still 3 points so was worth the trip even although I probably won't get back home till 1am.

Well done to anyone who made that trip. Thought we would be lucky to have a dozen at the game.Some of the fixtures are a joke and not just for us. Great 3 points cheers.gif

In McCall's time here, we've been very consistent in the league and he's been able to find players that maybe don't have much pedigree but can do a job (Clancy, Ramsden, Ojaama, Ainsworth).

The two sticks that some choose to beat him with are our relative poor performance in the cups and the fact that he hasn't brought through too many young players from the U20s (though it could be argued that those responsible for the youth setup have to take their share of the blame there).

I think what's pleased me most recently is the fact that he seems to be addressing the last point.

Obviously his hand has been forced to an extent but he has played the likes of Carswell and Anier when more experienced guys have been on the bench. You could almost come up with a full eleven of U23s that have featured at some point this season.

Twarzik

Kerr

Murray

Cummins

Angol

Cadden

Carswell

Leitch

Shirkie

Moore

Anier

Some of these guys have moved on (Twarzik) and some are likely to (Cummins) but three or four of them look to have a real future at the club. Add in Vigurs and Ainsworth and you have the average age of the side coming down. One less stick for those who'll never accept McCall to beat him with.

To do this while still challenging at the right end of the table and with a dwindling budget, he deserves great credit...

Well done to anyone who made that trip. Thought we would be lucky to have a dozen at the game.Some of the fixtures are a joke and not just for us. Great 3 points cheers.gif

Unfortunate we ended up there on a Tuesday night but they only have one club within 100 miles of them. Someone has to go there then and even then had they not made the League Cup Final, that game would have been on a Saturday anyway. Annoying as I would have been there on a Saturday and between holidays and working I haven't actually seen Inverness at all this season!

Gunnar should've done better for it but it was the ref I was screaming at when it went in.

He probably should've done better, but seeing the highlights there, the defence did him no favours either. They gave Christie the whole goal to aim at from pretty much directly in front of it, so Gunnar couldn't do much except stand in the middle until he hit it.

Just seen the highlights, fair say it didn't look like a classic but I'm not bothered one bit. Was all about the result tonight.

Cracking ball by Kerr for the first and a great take and finish by Anier, should do his confidence the world of good after his recent injury problems. I make it 8 goals in 16 starts in the league for him this season, very decent return for a relatively young player in his first season in a new country. Still a bit rough round the edges but he's got all the attributes to be a very good striker for Motherwell and getting him on a long term contract was a very good bit of business.

Blatant shove on Moore in the build up to Christie's goal, it was a good hit but Gunnar probably could have done better. Build up play to the winner between Moore and Vigurs was very good, great leap by Sutton to win the ball initially, a lot of composure shown by young Moore and Vigurs finished it with aplomb.

Huge 3 points for us, well done to McCall and the team for showing character and bouncing back after the disappointment of Saturday

Watched the SPFL Official highlights on YouTube and the MFCTV version - you can see much better on the MFCTV vidoe how poor the pitch was.

ICT's goal looked like an obvious foul on Moore, but our defenders made it easy by heading the ball to Christie for a free shot.

2 cracking goals though and at the business end of the season it's all about points on the board. Great way to bounce back after the Killie game.

It's a big ask, but as it stands, 2nd place is in our own hands (just win all our remaining games!) - can't get much better than that.

It's a big ask, but as it stands, 2nd place is in our own hands (just win all our remaining games!) - can't get much better than that.

Including Celtic - not sure if we're due a home game against them or not - so let's get a decent crowd in and actually get into them! Do something that most of our top 6 rivals will fail to do!

Delighted to pick up the 3 points.

Just watched the highlights, great play between Vigurs & Moore for the winner, nice composed finish.

Another 3 points in Paisley on Saturday will be lovely...& if Hearts can get a result tonight I will be a very happy chap!

An excellent result and a real lift after Saturday's crushing disappointment. Looking like 3rd place is the least we'll earn which is fantastic, but 2nd is very much up for grabs. Great to see Vigurs in such good form now, he's really made a difference to our attacking play.

Snippet from the Evening Times after the game, seems the injuries are mounting and some suspensions on the way - Jack Leitch might starting for the rest of the campaign by the looks of it:

"Stuart Carswell is due an operation, as is Paul Lawson, while Keith Lasley has a suspension coming up soon. Craig Reid could have a broken toe, while Henri Anier has taken a knock to his ankle. However, we were able to rest Lionel Ainsworth last night ahead of St Mirren on Saturday"

Snippet from the Evening Times after the game, seems the injuries are mounting and some suspensions on the way - Jack Leitch might starting for the rest of the campaign by the looks of it:

"Stuart Carswell is due an operation, as is Paul Lawson, while Keith Lasley has a suspension coming up soon. Craig Reid could have a broken toe, while Henri Anier has taken a knock to his ankle. However, we were able to rest Lionel Ainsworth last night ahead of St Mirren on Saturday"

Worrying at this crucial time of the season.