Kilmarnock V Motherwell 23/08/14

Yabba's Turd

1 goal scored in 4 games and 3 defeats in the first 4 games. Absolutely howling and I fear there are much greater problems behind the scenes than just a couple of injuries.

I was discussing this very issue with JoeWarktheLegend last week and although we have no concrete evidence we have a hunch that something just isn't right behind the scenes. Too many things just don't add up.

If we're still sitting in the same position with 4 games to go, then it's time to panic. Early doors yet

With the way this club is budgeted, If were even in this position with 4 games before the split the administrators will be at the door!

Im not saying we will be but after almost 6 weeks and 6 games weve won 1,drawn 1, lost 4 and been outplayed in every match by teams (well 5 teams anyway) that we should be beating. Even not counting injuries we look far more unfit and ill prepared than every team we have faced. Time for McCall to earn his wage and beast those so called professional sportsmen and take a long look at himself when it comes to game planning cause as of now, were fucking dire with no sign of improving

for being only 4 games into the new season our confidence looks as if its at rock bottom,i think that euro defeat has really took its toll on us more than we first feared.

Surely that is unless we're in the Scottish Cup Final or won the League Cup? Did people not say for the last three years they would take this kind of crap to be like St Mirren and Kilmarnock.....

Shire Greats, on 23 August 2014 - 06:55 PM, said:

Don't know about that, I remember him at Letting off steam at Ibrox around 1982, making some questionable comments,so he seems to be one of life's surviivors. He does seem to lack perspective, but on the plus side he keeps turning up.

So he is well known then? First I have heard him and his offspring.

It was incredible at times...the boy was literally sarcastically clapping the rest of the motherwell fans (I think) at one point and mumbling away to himself. I dont even think they were drunk!

Don't know if it's true but I was told he works as a librarian and can't get talking all day .....hence the letting off steam on a Saturday.........also runs yoga/meditation classes......it's worked for him.....might just be a rumour though

how is it possible to play that badly for 80 mins and not make any subs? you could have pulled anyone out the crowd and they could have done the same as josh law, the guy is an imposter.

we have a centre forward that scored 20 goals last season from service from wide areas but we had carswell and reid as our width and four centre mids who got owned by sammy clingan. vigurs was knackered after 20 mins, was limping about after 70 yet played 90. what does dom thomas need to do to get on the park?

the keeper is the biggest problem. counting the fulham game he's lost 6 goals from outside the box in 7 games, i would say a good keeper would have saved every one of them. the guy is 5 foot 10 max, we're shooting ourselves in the foot every time he walks on the park.

the rest of it is fixable. when hammell comes back and ojamma and ainsworth get fit we'll pick up enough points to be comfortable bottom six. anything above 11th which allows us to do a complete squad overhaul next summer has to be seen as a success now.

josh law, the guy is an imposter.

To be fair to the guy I've seen us play four competitive matches and Josh Law has played 4 different position in those matches.

Personally I don't see him as anything other than a utility player that's going to come to fill up gaps.

A bit early tae be talking about play offs and relegation. Had a bad start that's for sure but we've had worse....far worse.

Like your sense of perspective here and while it is too early to hit the panic button alarm bells have to be going off somewhere.

One goal and 3 points in 4 games and, I wasn't at the st mirren game but, by the sounds of things it should be zero goals and points. Next 3 games - st Johnstone at home, county away and Celtic away. Playing as we have been I can see that becoming 3 points from 21. County are guff but so are we. Add to that an absolutely miserable European campaign and its not looking good.

Things have gone stale under mccall for a while now and imo it was a minor miracle that we managed to finish second last year. Hope he can turn it round but this is about as pessimistic as I've been for a while as a well fan.

Wasn't at the game so I don't really want to comment too much on the performance.

But deary deary me we are stinking and sinking right now. Speaking to people who where at the game, both Well and Killie fans it's starting to get quite worrying.

I'm a fan of Dans but he has been culpable big time so far with a few goals and he is getting found out from distance.

Worrying for me tho is the lack of chances we are creating. Has Sutton actually had a goal scoring chance in the past 6 games?? He isn't getting the service to be fair but that also can be down to him. How often is the ball played to him and he either is bullied off the ball, falls on his arse looking for a foul or flicks it aimlessly to no one. His forward link up play has been awful. Big Higgy was a different beast in that he linked play up then tried to get on the end if it. If the ball goes wide he's usually no where as he is getting off his arse.....

I'm giving him some grace due to his goals last year but tbh once Erwin is fit he has got to be first choice as he has shown signs of being able to take the ball to feet and link play up, hopefully with Vigs and Henrik this should creat chances.

the keeper is the biggest problem. counting the fulham game he's lost 6 goals from outside the box in 7 games

Maybe the defence/ midfield should be doing more to stop the shots coming in then? Dan didn't cover himself in glory for either of the goals but in the end of the day Killie were shooting for fun from range yesterday. Theres going to be some difficult ones throughout the course of the season. The team is looking too unfit and lethargic to do that though.

To be fair to the guy I've seen us play four competitive matches and Josh Law has played 4 different position in those matches.

Personally I don't see him as anything other than a utility player that's going to come to fill up gaps.

what position do you think he should play and what do you think he was told to do yesterday? i'm at a loss as to what this guy will give us.

yesterday he seemed to be playing 10 yards outside vigurs doing nothing. not giving us width, not helping reid, not competing in the middle of the park. i can't understand what mccall saw him doing that saved him from getting hooked.

when nicky law was here the players called him nicky mccall because he was the manager's favourite but at least he was a player. josh law seems to be getting the same preferential but he doesn't have a tenth of the ability.

My wee baby was born on the first game of the season so i haven't been to any games yet except the Euro match.

Honest question, are we any worse than we were at this stage last season? The first few months of last season i thought we were absolutley dire, but managed to scrape a couple of wins mainly with long balls to Sutton and knock downs to Anier. We got the rub of the green last season and we are not getting now.

Is that a fair assesment or am i way off the mark. I'll get along to Fir Park on Sat so I'll get to see how bad we are then.

what position do you think he should play and what do you think he was told to do yesterday? i'm at a loss as to what this guy will give us.

yesterday he seemed to be playing 10 yards outside vigurs doing nothing. not giving us width, not helping reid, not competing in the middle of the park. i can't understand what mccall saw him doing that saved him from getting hooked.

when nicky law was here the players called him nicky mccall because he was the manager's favourite but at least he was a player. josh law seems to be getting the same preferential but he doesn't have a tenth of the ability.

He lined up right midfield at the beginning of the match and since we didn't get any substitutions for 80 minutes and no one else was right midfield I assume that's what position he was supposed to be playing.

Against Stjarnan he played in a sort of support striker role, St. Mirren he was left midfield, Inverness he was centre midfield, yesterday right midfield. He would have to be some player to be able to perform well in a weaken team in all those positions.

On what I've seen his best game was playing just off Sutton up front but I think it's a bit harsh to judge this guy when he's playing a different role every week. When he settles down into a specific role then you can say, but as I said originally I don't see who drops out the team to accomodate Law when we have a first XI to pick from.

Law has ability - if you cant see that then you arent watching or you are already so closed off to it that you never will. He has good close control, a good engine, eye for a goal and a creative spark. His best positon I agree has been in support of the striker. He is not a winger, is not a defensive midfielder and wont marshall a game by the looks of it but, for me, thats ok as what he does he does well. Needs to be in the correct position though.

Its much like Vigurs. He is one of our best footballers but people either see it or dont. Some people voted him MOTM yesterday but at the same time people in the crowd were calling him an imposter too.

If we set up 4-2-3-1, Ainsworth/Law/Vigurs the 3, it would work really well I think. But in a 4-4-2 I dont think having Law ans Vigurs can work - a bit too similar.

Honest question, are we any worse than we were at this stage last season? The first few months of last season i thought we were absolutley dire, but managed to scrape a couple of wins mainly with long balls to Sutton and knock downs to Anier. We got the rub of the green last season and we are not getting now.

If you took those games, took away any goal threat we had and then added further defensive frailty then that's approximately where we are at the moment.

v Dundee Utd Shots 3 On Target 0

v Inverness Shots 5 On Target 0

v Kilmarnock Shots 7 On Target 2

Says it all.

Law has ability - if you cant see that then you arent watching or you are already so closed off to it that you never will.

law is a tidy player but he's not contributing anything. he gets the ball takes 7 or 8 touches running into space then plays a nothing pass.

he was an empty shirt yesterday, out his depth.

With McManus picking up a knock and Kerr suspended next week the defence is going to be weaker than what it is already. A genuinely can't see where a win is going to come from as we are very poor in all departments. When we concede goals like we do and don't create much at goal then it is time to worry. Yesterday we are chasing a game and McCall puts 1 sub on at 81 mins. Wats the point wen its too late. McCall has done a great job but we haven't really seen him have a bad run so will he have the ability to turn things around? A cant see it if am being honest