Dundee V Motherwell 10/01/15

Yabba's Turd

This appointment reminds me of George Burley and Craig Levein getting the Scotland job. Neither were the best candidate but they got it because the SFA thought they wouldn't rock the boat.

Neither were the best candidate now looking back with hindsight which is always easy. Based on their league form on paper they were suitable to do the job. In reality, Burley's drinking and losing the dressing room and Levin's negative tactics and malaise cost them their jobs.

Motherwell don't have the luxury or budget to pay off people to walk, so the quicker we understand this and realise Bara has to make a silk purse out of a sows ear the better.

Surely we didn't give a guy sacked by Sligo Rovers a water tight contract?

Souness and Strachan were the men for the Scotland on either occassion but they didn't get the job because weak characters at the SFA were intimidated by them and chose the easy option. It looks like we chose nice guy Trevor who won't demand anything from the board rather than one of the Dutchmen who would have been more forceful.

• Like 1

Souness and Strachan were the men for the Scotland on either occassion but they didn't get the job because weak characters at the SFA were intimidated by them and chose the easy option. It looks like we chose nice guy Trevor who won't demand anything from the board rather than one of the Dutchmen who would have been more forceful.

What he said^^^

Don't know if that Scotland chat is true or not because I wasn't in the interviews or discussions about the appointment but I was happy enough with Levein when appointed as were a lot of others....went to pot though granted.

As for us, Baraclough needs to be given time to get in his own players and ship out the ones not good enough. He has inherited a shite team with no confidence so its a tough situation.

Don't know if that Scotland chat is true or not because I wasn't in the interviews or discussions about the appointment but I was happy enough with Levein when appointed as were a lot of others....went to pot though granted.

Putting a guy who had never won a trophy in a 25 year career as a player and manager in charge of the national team was madness.

Not surprised you approved after reading the happy clappy stuff you post on here.