Dundee V Motherwell 10/01/15

Yabba's Turd

The BBC highlights don't show the blatant push on Ojamaa as he was running through. It might not have been a straight red but it certainly denied us a clear shot at goal.

That was a shocking decision by the ref, and if he didn't see it his assistant couldn't have missed it. I wouldn't have been shocked at a red card either.

Jesus Christ...just watched the highlights. The 1st goal was incredibly unfortunate, but goals 2,3 and 4 were fucking horrific. To save embarrassment we'd have been better just booting the baw into the net 3times for Dundee.

The centre-backs were a disgrace at the 2nd, Wee Dan the midget goalie made a Harry Hunt of the 3rd and for the 4th I genuinely laughed out loud when I seen it, between O'Brien and Wee Dan the midget goalie they have managed to create one of the best bloopers you'll see this season...boys Club level stuff.

Ojamma was daft to throw his arm back, but I think Thomson has played for it.

I'm watching a team where at least half if not more of the players have just given up but even though Lasley is not having a good season I watch him and I see someone that is at least trying.

He's 35 and he's still the guy that's doing all the running. That shouldn't be the case for a start. Also, I think you have to accept that not having a regular midfield partner is not exactly ideal - one week it's Carswell, the next it's Vigurs, then Law, then Lawson, then Ramsden. Unlike, say, McManus, he's never had a settled partner along side him.

Also Lasley turns out every week when I'm absolutely convinced there are players hiding in the physios room right now that don't want to roll their sleeves up and get out and play.

Football players aren't stupid, I'm sure there must be seasoned pros sitting in our dressing room on a downer looking round at their team mates and thinking "the guys around me aren't good enough".

But you know what you could rattle through our squad and most are a rank or two below Lasley as players and I'm sure he knows that just as well as we do. That must effect his performances. There's only so much one or two guys can do, we need to perform as a team and if we don't get at least 8 or 9 guys out there performing then we don't have much chance.

Plus one

Lasley is running about trying to make things happen but unfortunately he is now 35 and its not happening for him .......he always gives 100%

But why is the oldest man in the team chasing for every thing........???Because his team mates don't/cant/wont......

Vigurs great player going forward at times but defending/chasing back etc leaves a lot to be desired

We have the youngest holding midfielder in the country in "Magnolia" Carswell who is content to off load the ball asap and gets a nose bleed when he gets in the oppositions half

Lawson when fit looks the part......but is never fit for a run off games

Law certainly not his brother ....but his last couple of forays forward have brought our only attempts on goal in the last four games.......when he has played right back

Our problems are coming from the midfield.....no support for the defence/no support up front

Feck me Shaun McSkimming would be a superstar in our current team

:doh:

some more signs of players throwing the towel in and giving up leaving others to carry the can, as if mentally they just dont believe their colleagues are good enough

worrying also that when an error is made, there is no sign of any teamates support not even a pat on the back or a lift off the ground

seen the same many games this season, signs started way back in Iceland, but now its three or four times a game

Self-inflicted wounds! First goal bad deflection off O'Brien certainly but nobody closed the shooter down in the first place. Second goal was schoolboy defending with O'Brien and McManus both drawn to Clarkson but neither prevented him playing a simple header to other Dundee striker running off them. Third goal was simple goalkeeping mistake - shades of Graeme Smith. Fourth goal was a joke with O'Brien and Twardzik colliding.

And people want to blame the manager!!?.dash2.gif FFS the same three tossers (Twardzik, O'Brien and McManus) have been like this since the start of this season. I'm certain the manager will have worked out who the tits are that he can't rely on without any help but his hands are tied as no money to get some replacements in and quite a few players out injured. However it might be worth the club speculating some cash now to ensure we stay in SPFL even if it means going into the red - they can always recoup with SPFL prize monies at end of season. Might be better than doing nothing and getting relegated.

1421014636[/url]' post='428996']

Jesus Christ...just watched the highlights. The 1st goal was incredibly unfortunate, but goals 2,3 and 4 were fucking horrific. To save embarrassment we'd have been better just booting the baw into the net 3times for Dundee.

The centre-backs were a disgrace at the 2nd, Wee Dan the midget goalie made a Harry Hunt of the 3rd and for the 4th I genuinely laughed out loud when I seen it, between O'Brien and Wee Dan the midget goalie they have managed to create one of the best bloopers you'll see this season...boys Club level stuff.

Ojamma was daft to throw his arm back, but I think Thomson has played for it.

Has nothing to do with the result, but Thompson has a bit of history for this , can remember something similar for Hibs, Ojamma was daft , you can't give him the opportunity to go down line that.

The defending is awful for all the goals

That was pretty diabolical viewing.

Imagine going into work this morning after that. Sitting down in the chair in a room along with your team mates and watching it back to go over the points. You'd be sitting there with a rid neck. And there's nowhere to look other than at yourself and at your team mates because if they're all in the room there's no one outside it to blame.

The number of attempts Dundee had in comparison to our one, it's criminal.

Given some of these players were in a very successful and good 2012/13 team and a team which at least managed to compete in 2013/14 (remember the 5-1 scudding we have Thistle on the 29th January), how in fucks name can they free-fall so spectacularly in such a short and non-eventful period of time to this level of utter disjointed, lethargic, idiotic and incoherent pish.

Has nothing to do with the result, but Thompson has a bit of history for this , can remember something similar for Hibs, Ojamma was daft , you can't give him the opportunity to go down line that.

Very true. On the pitch he's a very abrasive character and not one of my favourites. Not the way I like to see football played.

1421052348[/url]' post='429020']

Very true. On the pitch he's a very abrasive character and not one of my favourites. Not the way I like to see football played.

Ojamma might have went have been sent off anyway for the hand off, didn't need Thompson to do his sniper bit though,Especially when you are already 3-1 up.

it's all a bit of a moot point really in light of result /performance, just adds to the overall frustration

Think Thompson's not a bad player either

Finally plucked up the courage to watch the highlights and deary me that was grim viewing.

O'Brien looked like he had a shocker. Should have closed the man down quicker for the first, didn't bother challenging Clarkson in the air for the second and don't get me started on the 4th..just boot it out for a corner!!

McManus not exactly covering himself in glory either, standing watching the ball come off the bar rather than following it in.

Thompson made the most of the contact for the red card but Ojamaa gave him the excuse to do so.

Twardzik looked like he made a few good saves again but obviously was at fault for the 3rd.

The only positive was our goal which was very well worked.

some more signs of players throwing the towel in and giving up leaving others to carry the can, as if mentally they just dont believe their colleagues are good enough

worrying also that when an error is made, there is no sign of any teamates support not even a pat on the back or a lift off the ground

seen the same many games this season, signs started way back in Iceland, but now its three or four times a game

A very fair observation. It is very apparent that some decided to chuck it in the summer due to the goings on (or lack of).

Carswell is good at what he does, polar opposite in Vigurs really in that he isn't a great football player but runs around lots and keeps it simple.

He is not good at what he does. A Lasley/carswell midfield is horrifically bad and the cause of a lot of our problems . Whoever said Marc Fitzpatrick by another name was spot on.

I think he could have been developed into a decent midfielder but I actually think the coaching staff have not tried to adapt him into an up and down midfielder which due to his athleticism he might have stood a chance.

From what i've seen I fancy leitch much more with the signing of a proper midfielder who actuallys breaks up the play and dictates.

He is not good at what he does. A Lasley/carswell midfield is horrifically bad and the cause of a lot of our problems . Whoever said Marc Fitzpatrick by another name was spot on.

I think he could have been developed into a decent midfielder but I actually think the coaching staff have not tried to adapt him into an up and down midfielder which due to his athleticism he might have stood a chance.

From what i've seen I fancy leitch much more with the signing of a proper midfielder who actuallys breaks up the play and dictates.

How often has this happened?

How often has this happened?

Motherwell FC (Season 2014/15) = 26.9% of available points won

Individually, LASLEY (20 league starts) = 28.3% of available points won

Individually, CARSWELL (10 league starts) = 23.3% of available points won

Playing togther, LASLEY + CARSWELL (9 league starts) = 25.9% of available points won

CARSWELL, playing without LASLEY (1 league start) = 0% of available points won

LASLEY, playing without CARSWELL (11 league matches) = 30.3% of available points

So Carswell has won less percentage of available points individually against the overall team average and against Lasley individually, as well as less against the average playing with Lasley or without Lasley.

Whereas Lasley has won more percentage of available points, individually against the overall team average and against Carswell individualy, as well against the average playing without Carswell.