Dundee V Motherwell 10/01/15

Yabba's Turd

Having watched another performance of the highest ineptitude it's clear Baraclough has the attributes to be our worst manager ever.

We've been inept without Barraclough. Players desire and fitness and bottle are what's let us down. These attributes have been there since I saw my first game against St Mirren at the start of the season. Don't know how or if we can get out of this mess, but as always it won't keep me from supporting the team. COYW

1420920060[/url]' post='428847']

Having watched another performance of the highest ineptitude it's clear Baraclough has the attributes to be our worst manager ever.

Get a grip of yerself The guys only in the job what a month?The players have been rotten long before he came along and poor running of club behind scenes isn't down to him.

How can you judge a manager on 1 month using 3rd rate players brought in by the previous manager who don't give a toss about trying when they know they are off?

It's reading pish like this that stops me posting cause it makes my blood boil.

The manager can only do what he can with what he has and it's down to players as much as anything else.

He needs time to clear out the garbage and start fresh.

Judging a manager on 1 month with no options to change things in regards to staff or players?

FFS unbelievable.

• Like 7

Sorry but both our keepers are crap however it is time to drop Twardzic give Neilson a run of games. dry.gif

Are you serious or have short term memory loss? Neilson is total crap . How many goals did he loose us last year ie save a shot and put it into the path of the opposition to score it was his party peice. If it wasn't for Dan we would have lost even more goals this season the problem lies with the powder puff mistake ridden defence some goals they have lost us are woefull the Celtic one, the Aberdeen one recently ,the others have been stricken from my memory but there have been some crackers . Shambles , together with a weak midfield no wonder we are shipping goals, thats the problem .

Get a grip of yerself The guys only in the job what a month?The players have been rotten long before he came along and poor running of club behind scenes isn't down to him.

How can you judge a manager on 1 month using 3rd rate players brought in by the previous manager who don't give a toss about trying when they know they are off?

It's reading pish like this that stops me posting cause it makes my blood boil.

The manager can only do what he can with what he has and it's down to players as much as anything else.

He needs time to clear out the garbage and start fresh.

Judging a manager on 1 month with no options to change things in regards to staff or players?

FFS unbelievable.

Good post. No wonder you can feel the rage rise.

Baraclough can only pish with the cock he's got. He's been left an unfit, mentally weak, disorganized, disinterested, unbalanced mess. The guy needs time to get rid of the shite in our own squad and bring in his own players. I said if he could keep us up it would be job done and I stand by that. Today was a shambles. Two down inside 8 minutes, 3-1 down at half time and it could have been more. One shot on target says it all, in fairness it was a well worked goal which was the highlight of an otherwise dreadful display.

Baraclough can spend all week talking about players and systems but he can't legislate for individual errors which are killing us. Kerr last week, Twardzik x2 today. He also can't go out there and put in the effort, that has to come from the players and sadly too many of them are half hearted in their efforts. Even guys I've been big fans of and defended in the past like Ainsworth and Ojamaa are letting us down badly. Ainsworth's been a passenger for most of this season and Ojamaa seems to have taken the hump since Baraclough came in. Lasley has been off the pace all season and McManus has dropped a level since last season.

What can Baraclough do though? He has to rely on these guys cause after that all he's got left are kids. You can't say he's not given them their chance, he's not been here a month and he's already handed out three debuts. I think long term he could be the right guy to bring through these young kids but that he doesn't really want to be relying on them in our current predicament and I can't say I blame him.

The players have to take another long hard look at themselves. Booed off twice today but will we see a reaction next week? Probably not. Only one's I'd give pass marks to today are Dom Thomas, looked lively early doors but faded as Dundee took control. John Sutton purely for effort and getting another goal despite shite service and support. And Josh Law who grabbed another assist and was at least looking to make things and looked like he gave a fuck.

We can only hope Baraclough can somehow shift some of the shite McCall left him out the door and has the contacts to bring in 2 or 3 quality additions of his own. Cause if we don't it looks like the only we we're heading with this current lot is down.

• Like 3

Just watched the highilights there, would've liked to have seen the 1st from a different angle because twardzik seems really slow to react. What a blunder of his from the corner but facepalm.gif . Other two goals would've been avoided with just a little communication , really poor from so called professionals. Im hoping baraclough comes good , like that he is giving the youth a chance , and his post match interview is bang on.

Decided to pop along today as this is one of my 'home' games.

I guess I should have taken heed of my 7 year old who didn't want to go.

What a total shambles!!

Errors all over the back 5. Dan looks bereft of all confidence and as much as I hate to say it, Gunner needs another chance.

I won't even go over McManus as its all been said before.

O'Brien looks a terrible defender and Law is definitely not a full back.

I thought Lasley worked hard, but he put at least a few easy passes straight to Dundee players.

I thought Carswell was quiet, but I wonder how fit he was. The young lad Thomas looked to be our only bright spark and at least tried to beat his opponent.

Sutton, well at least he tried and got his goal.

Ojama, was a thorn in the side firstly for Dundee and from my view point he should have had a foul before he was sent off, which could have led to a red card for the Dundee players. He then became a thorn in the side for us with a stupid elbow and a deserved red card.

The highlight of my day though was the constant singing by the Motherwell bois. These guys get a bit of stick on the road with smoke bombs etc, but they kept the atmosphere going all day. Credit where it is due.

Just a shame the players can't match the performance.

Really disillusioned and patience running out.

Decided to pop along today as this is one of my 'home' games.

Ojama, was a thorn in the side firstly for Dundee and from my view point he should have had a foul before he was sent off, which could have led to a red card for the Dundee players. He then became a thorn in the side for us with a stupid elbow and a deserved red card.

I thought that was a foul against Ojamma too and it would have had to be a red card. I think that the ref bottled it for that decision. Didn't excuse Ojamma being sent off.

As I said in response to another post, why are people having a go at Ian Barraclough? He's only been in the job for a few weeks and it's not his fault we are in the p*sh. The people to blame (with a couple of exceptions) are the ones who are pulling on the C&A jerseys on match days. It's time people realised that and aimed their ire and wrath at them. Some are just very bad footballers but some are just shirkers and whilst he's not alone in that category, Lionel Ainsworth springs readily to mind. Is it any wonder he's had so many clubs? Along with a few others he has disappeared since the demand for showing some bottle for the cause was made. The new manager does not have a magic wand nor will he be given wads of money to sort things out so fans will need to be patient and support him not pillary him.

I really think we will be relegated. We have got 10 points from St Mirren and Ross County and probably deserved only 1. By the law of averages they will beat us when we play them again. We need a new goalkeeper and two mid field players and if Ojaama goes ( which I'm not bothered about) another forward. How would you like to play in a defence that constantly had opponents running through the midfield and a goalkeeper who cannot command his box.

Neilsen, Kerr, Lasley, Ramsden and Lawson punted to make way for the new players if anyone will take them.

How come we never take a shot at goals? 30 yards out, have dig instead of playing it back. The wind in the Accies game and today would have made the ball difficult to deal with but in neither game did the goalie ever have a shot to contend with.

It's the manager who picks the team,the positions they will play , decides what our tactics are, the changes that are needed during the game and the substitutions required. In all of that there has been nothing positive whatsoever with Baraclough so far or anything to suggest that there will be .

The reality of what we have witnessed to date has been 2 of the worst ever performances I have had the misfortune to see in watching Motherwell for over 40years. To do that with having only been in charge for so few games is quite an achievement.How can you therefore presume that he is capable of making the necessary changes that we all agree are needed? Never mind hope springs eternal.

Just watched the highlights and yes we were atrocious, but Dundee also got all the breaks. That won't happen too often. First goal was a horrendous deflection, second one the scorer was lucky in that the ball rebounded off woodwork straight to his head. Third and fourth were horrendous blunders. Still if you give teams time and space on the edge of your box thats what can happen.

If you let any team take 20 plus shots at you goal then the likelihood of them getting a lucky deflection or rebound it probably going to be pretty good.

As poor as our defence and keeper are those in front of them have to take a long hard look at themselves.

If you let any team take 20 plus shots at you goal then the likelihood of them getting a lucky deflection or rebound it probably going to be pretty good.

As poor as our defence and keeper are those in front of them have to take a long hard look at themselves.

You're 100% right - see my post under ins and outs. If you give opponents time and space in or on the edge of your box then all it takes is a bad deflection, defensive blunder, refereeing error or a freak effort on goal and the ball is in the net. Currently we have no left midfield and no central midfield to speak of. That immediately puts your central defenders and goalie under pressure. Week after week we see our wing men having to beat 2/3 defenders to get in a cross (same again today) but our opponents have all the time and space in the world to pick their spot.

Its not rocket science the more shots you have on target the more goals you will score.

It's the manager who picks the team,the positions they will play , decides what our tactics are, the changes that are needed during the game and the substitutions required. In all of that there has been nothing positive whatsoever with Baraclough so far or anything to suggest that there will be .

The reality of what we have witnessed to date has been 2 of the worst ever performances I have had the misfortune to see in watching Motherwell for over 40years. To do that with having only been in charge for so few games is quite an achievement.How can you therefore presume that he is capable of making the necessary changes that we all agree are needed? Never mind hope springs eternal.

[/quote

How is he meant to change anything?

It's still the same players and unfortunately it's them who need to perform.

I agree any manager needs to put out tactics etc. But when all you have to work with is those players the options become limited to what we've got.

FFS give the guy time

Edited by BigCDawg

Keith lasleys one of the worst footballers iv ever seen

I will tell u what. That is the biggest insult since 10,000 BC.

What we need is the current players to watch the last game of last season and the 6-6 game v Hibs. Then they ,right realise what the fuck it is to b a Motherwell fan

Turn up and play. Seems a prerequisite to be decent football plyer,.

I give uo

Can someone tell me why defenders can't look left and right to make sure they are in line, when that is the most basic prerequisite of defensive play?

They clearly don't give a damn when they can't be bothered to show enough concentration and positional awareness to cover the absolute minimum you'd expect from unpaid parks players.

You could freeze frame just about any Motherwell match at any point this season and we are an absolute ragged mess.

If any of these stupid pricks ever have to cross a road they'll be wrapped round an axle in no time!

I've never been a Keith Lasley fan but he's always been committed and reliable. Last season should have been his last as his legs were starting to give out. That though was a very unpopular view. Very, very fans questioned Stuart McCall's decision to give him a 2 year extension. Times change though and its now clear that this season has been one too far for him. that said, he has no-one decent to partner him or run for him. His heir apparent Stuart Carswell has been found out to be nothing more than an honest journeyman; a latter day Mark Fitzpatrick.

I wouldn't go that far but he is ridiculously overrated by some sections of our support. Average Premiership player performing at a below average level.

Yep, every single team has that type of player. Gives 100%, a trier, came up through the ranks but, ultimately, average. And not the type of Captain we need right now.