Willie Collum

chummy

1422730793[/url]' post='431054']

Interested to see the highlights. Again from the Cooper i could not tell who the foul was for and never ever felt it was a red.

Others on here feel it was clearly a straight red, so i watch the highlights with interest.

The wee fud got me in trouble for my colourful language in the Cooper by a fellow fan. to be fair it can be bad at the best of times, but i might be better off not going next time Collum is in charge.

Or maybe not go in the cooper stand ?

It wasn't even the red card that annoyed me, Straker's challenge in the first minute, free kick, Some boy tried to nudge big John, John stood strong and the boy bounced off him, free kick. The challenge on Carsewell may not have been deliberate but it was reckless, bounce ball. At least we were allowed to participate in that one.

On the drop ball - we really aren't very streetwise. I had no problem with us giving the ball back but why did we rattle it out the pitch and allow the goalie to waste time taking the goal kick. Surely you tap it back to the 'keeper so he can't waste time.

Or maybe not go in the cooper stand ?

There is that, but i suspect if you removed everybody for swearing from time to time in the Cooper - you would probably only have kids left.

I am not the worst by any distance but Collum brought out the worst in me and my friends.

If I find myself swearing again like yesterday I will consider moving.

There is that, but i suspect if you removed everybody for swearing from time to time in the Cooper - you would probably only have kids left.

I am not the worst by any distance but Collum brought out the worst in me and my friends.

It was interesting yesterday that either Kane or MacLean let loose with a string of swear words on 2 separate occasions in front of the POD Stand and no action was taken by the officials.

1422779828[/url]' post='431163']

I actuall thought you were going to say there would only be the adults leftlaugh.gif

The wider issue is that nobody wants to be a ref, so we end up with a low standard.

Or maybe it's a condescending and cliquey boys club of upper middle class professionals that's completely self serving and not interested in open engagement with the wider football community.

I need to work 9-5 for three weeks to earn what Willie Collum did yesterday afternoon. With that in mind, I doubt very much if nobody wants to be a ref.

It was an extremely harsh red card in my opinion and all the more galling when you think it comes hot on the heels of being denied 2 very strong penalty shouts the previous week.

That's most infuriating thing for me. We are not getting decisions but almost everything is getting given against us. I can't wait for this evening out the course of the season.

We are due a barrell load of decisions!!

I need to work 9-5 for three weeks to earn what Willie Collum did yesterday afternoon. With that in mind, I doubt very much if nobody wants to be a ref.

You don't just sign up as a ref and get an SPFL gig, though. The guy in charge of the last Rangers v Hearts game earned 195 quid. And there is a significant drop off below that.

If it's that desirable, you could sign up yourself and make some extra cash. But like most of the rest of us you won't, because it's not something we want to do.

What some on here refer to as DOGSO was called a professional foul back in the day. Yesterday's situation was not a professional foul. Give the free kick by all means - advantage to the attacker - but no need for a red card

This. Collum had his red card out almost before the foul he was that quick. It was never that obvious an intentional foul.

He needs to stay away from Fir Park for a wee while.

You don't just sign up as a ref and get an SPFL gig, though. The guy in charge of the last Rangers v Hearts game earned 195 quid. And there is a significant drop off below that.

If it's that desirable, you could sign up yourself and make some extra cash. But like most of the rest of us you won't, because it's not something we want to do.

Do you think I could make it to the top in 6 years cos then I'm over the age limit?

Suprised at what I'm reading to be honest, was a clear red card all day long! Accidental and clumsy, aye, but Laing took him down while he was through on goal, in the eyes of the law that's a straight red. There weren't players back either, if you watch the highlights O'Brien (I think) was a mile away, definite goal scoring opportunity.

As for people raging at how quickly the red card came out - :lol:

• Like 6

Suprised at what I'm reading to be honest, was a clear red card all day long! Accidental and clumsy, aye, but Laing took him down while he was through on goal, in the eyes of the law that's a straight red. There weren't players back either, if you watch the highlights O'Brien (I think) was a mile away, definite goal scoring opportunity.

As for people raging at how quickly the red card came out - :lol:

Thats the key point here, from where i was sitting in the POD all i could see was 2 players going for the ball at speed and falling over each other, no intent, no foul, no red card. If the saints player had been clear of laing and on his way towards goal then fair enough, but he wasn't the 2 of them tripped over each other, so no foul for me.

Thats the key point here, from where i was sitting in the POD all i could see was 2 players going for the ball at speed and falling over each other, no intent, no foul, no red card. If the saints player had been clear of laing and on his way towards goal then fair enough, but he wasn't the 2 of them tripped over each other, so no foul for me.

+1 Alan

The issue for me was that Laing allowed the St Johnstone player to get goalside of him. As soon as that happened, the referee was only going to make one decision.

Was it a tangle of legs? Maybe but with a striker goalside of the last defender, referee has to consider whether the defender has engineered the tangle of legs. I have no quibble with Collum over the red card. Couple of other incidents where I reckon he got it wrong but none of them affected the outcome of the game...

It is down to interpretation.

Mine and many others were that it was a coming together and both players fell. No clear intent to bring the player down. Goalside yes, but not really in front of him and no clear push, pull or tug on the St J player.

Collum felt it was a red card because he is a robot and a useless SOD.

Still will not change my mind that it was a HARSH decision and other referees would not have given a red card