Ross County V Motherwell14/02/15

Yabba's Turd

The reality is, he has brought in his own players, has had two weeks to coach them and prepare them for this match. He has been here long enough now to make his mark and hasn't impressed at all.

How long does he need? Football is a results driven business and he isn't doing the basics.

We cannot lose this match.

So, the new owner gives the new manager a load of new players in the January window, but because we're not off and running by half-time in the first game it's jacket on a shaky peg time?

Seriously?

I really am glad that fans don't actually run football clubs, and instead leave it to proper businessmen and people who know how to actually do the job.

• Like 1

I really am glad that fans don't actually run football clubs, and instead leave it to proper businessmen and people who know how to actually do the job.

Show me the evidence that Baraclough knows what he is doing? Show me it.

We are worse off since he has come in, his 2 signings that he brought into the team were woeful. We are now playing a must win match against one of our main rivals and are second best again despite having 2 full weeks to coach and prepare for it.

Les Hutchinson certainly knows how to make money from an already established, succesful business. Does he know how to run a football club? We'll see.

So, the new owner gives the new manager a load of new players in the January window, but because we're not off and running by half-time in the first game it's jacket on a shaky peg time?

Seriously?

The more I read this, the more stupid it becomes.

So Motherwell fans can't be successful business people? Motherwell fans can't have coaching qualifications? Motherwell fans should just shut up and allow us to nose dive towards the trapdoor.

Seriously?

We've lost 5 and drawn 1 out of the last 6 and are currently losing to the bottom team in the league who have lost 10 out of 11 at home.

If we lose this today serious questions need to be asked about Baraclough. We are getting worse rather than improving. If Baraclough can't improve the results then he's not doing his job - that simple.

The more I read this, the more stupid it becomes.

So Motherwell fans can't be successful business people? Motherwell fans can't have coaching qualifications? Motherwell fans should just shut up and allow us to nose dive towards the trapdoor.

It's stupid because 3 of the 4 people who appointed Barraclough have zero experience of running a football club.

If said Motherwell fans are the type of business people who would get shot of a manager mere weeks after him coming into a job that is always going to be difficult then the chances are they wouldn't be very successful, yes. Especially when he's only just got some of his own personnel through the door.

By your thinking the new manager should have brought a whole load of new faces into a squad in January, trained them for two weeks and have them all gelled and firing on all cylinders 45 minutes into their first match. Don't get me wrong, it would have been ideal if that were the case, but you can hardly look at it not being the case as a sign that he doesn't know the basics.

I'm not actually sure what some fans are wanting to happen here. We're shite. We're in a relegation battle. There's no quick fix to this situation.

I doubt Pep Guardiola could get us playing well at the moment.

It's stupid because 3 of the 4 people who appointed Barraclough have zero experience of running a football club.

FFS, where are you meant to go to learn to run a football club other than on the job at a football club. You can't go to uni to do it.

With respect to David/Burn Broomfield's tet-a-tet, I'm assuming David is referring to running a football club by committee opposed to a single point of contact with a clear vision. If that is the case, from my experience of committee's, it will be tough to overcome.

With respect to David/Burn Broomfield's tet-a-tet, I'm assuming David is referring to running a football club by committee opposed to a single point of contact with a clear vision. If that is the case, from my experience of committee's, it will be tough to overcome.

That's exactly what I mean. The idea of some sort of committee running our club, especially if those on that committee are anything like some people on this forum really does give me the fear. We'd be sacking managers and tearing up contracts right, left & centre.

FFS, where are you meant to go to learn to run a football club other than on the job at a football club. You can't go to uni to do it.

I just don't have much faith in an interview panel where 3 of the 4 interviewers have no experience at the task. Hutchinson doesn't have any experience in football and Burrows and McCafferty in my experience fall too far into the happy clapper mindset.

Hopefully if we sack Barraclough we might bring in someone with a bit of experience to help us pick the next manager.