Ross County V Motherwell14/02/15

Yabba's Turd

I think predicting a team for this game is nigh on impossible having not seen any of the new guys play.

Have to figure Long in goals and Straker at left back. Centre half? Reckon Kerr's done enough to keep his spot. Who partners him, Ramsden, McManus or O'Brien? Right back? Good luck guessing that one.

Midfield will depend on whether Lasley and Pearson are fit. If they are, have to imagine Carswell drops out. Pearson, Lasley, possibly Grant and one of our many wingers. Erwin has done enough to stay in the team and Sutton scores goals.

Like I say, total guesswork for most of the team. Good news is, it'll be the same for Jim McIntyre...

I think predicting a team for this game is nigh on impossible having not seen any of the new guys play.....Like I say, total guesswork for most of the team. Good news is, it'll be the same for Jim McIntyre...

If we pick up one or two "injuries" in training then Jim McIntyre's job in trying to guess our line up and tactics will be impossible.

After the St. J game and their efforts in the second half Kerr and Reid should imho stay as the centre backs. Probably in the minority but I would also keep Law at right back. It is his natural position and where he has had his best performances.

I would agree with that.

After a quick look at the 4 new guys I think Long and Johnson will definitely start, the other two don't have too much first team experience and will be good to bring into game from bench.

After Saturday where we started with 7 defensive minded players the choice we have is refreshing, for first time in a long time a place on the bench will have to be earned.

I appreciate the players are unknown but it has def given me a boost, might travel to dingwall for first time too

My choice would be Long in goal. Back four of Law, Kerr, Reid, Straker or Watt.

The midfield would be Grant, Pearson, and Dom Thomas.

Up front Sutton plus 2 others but I have not got a clue as to who they should be.My reasoning is the back four deserve to keep their place after Saturday second half and we have been crying out for a bit of skill and a box to box man in midfield all season.

Although there are two youngsters there I think Pearson can be the steady influence. From the signings I am pretty sure that IB knows what starting eleven he would prefer, injuries aside, and will be working at training to get them comfortable with each other.

Ross County have put together a couple of strange runs.

At the same time as they have picked up at least a point from 7 of their last 8 away matches, they have also lost 7 on the trot at home.

With that in mind I think this is one game where we can go in fairly confident.

But then you see that we have lost 7 out of the last 8 away matches.

Hmmmm.....

I like my stats too but sometimes if you ponder them overly you tie yourself in knots thinking what's likely to be the outcome.I watched the Sport XV show the other night where the guest Tom English reckoned many of the players would be unaffected by Scotland's awful record against England at Twickenham. They wouldn't know or didn't care being his opinion. You would have to think that with so many newbies on each side that could equally be applied when we play Ross County. They won't give a shit what's gone before, they'll just be desperate to play and win the game.

We don't have a game, but Ross County are playing Aberdeen which was their fixture from the midweek card when we played Celtic. So they could be within touching distance by the time we play and potentially send us 12th. Just putting it out there.

I realise that that was the worst case scenario but don't worry that isn't going to be the case now. County lost heavily to Aberdeen yesterday and whatever the result next Saturday they will not send us 12th.