Ross County V Motherwell14/02/15

Yabba's Turd

Bloody hell Craig Reid actually has a part to play in all three goals we conceded.

1st he for some reason steps inside to try and intercept when a defender is already there, leaving Woods a free unhindered shot on goal.

2nd easily bullied out the way by Coach.

3rd bad timing of his jump under the ball.

I've been saying for a while and when you watch the highlights from past 5 or 6 games back if he is either playing on the right or the left then goals are coming from his sides.

It's all Vigurs fault and then he doesn't play and nothing changes.

Then it's all Ainsworth's fault and he doesn't play and nothing changes.

Then it's all Lasleys fault and then he doesn't play and nothing changes.

Then it's all Twardzik's fault and then he doesn't play and nothing changes.

Now it's Reid's turn to shoulder the blame for a huge, season long, collective failure that includes two managers.

We have been dire across the park, all season. Trying to narrow it down to one cause looks like the most desperate kind of hopeful thinking.

• Like 2

It's all Vigurs fault and then he doesn't play and nothing changes.

Then it's all Ainsworth's fault and he doesn't play and nothing changes.

Then it's all Lasleys fault and then he doesn't play and nothing changes.

Then it's all Twardzik's fault and then he doesn't play and nothing changes.

Now it's Reid's turn to shoulder the blame for a huge, season long, collective failure that includes two managers.

We have been dire across the park, all season. Trying to narrow it down to one cause looks like the most desperate kind of hopeful thinking.

Don't disagree with that mate. There is no one cause for the problems we have seen on the field this season. It's a collection of things which make it all the harder to correct the problem quickly. That said, there have been some horrendous individual errors and bad decisions throughout the season.

The biggest problem is that we not had a settled team on the park since the start of the season. Can anybody tell me if we have had the same team on the park in consecutive games? How can you get any consistency when you can't even get a settled team on the park. My only hope is the new players settle in quickly and we get a settled team on the park for a few games.

Possibly.

Another massive problem is the senior players have yet to have a good game between them this season. McManus, Lasley, Sutton and Ramsden have yet to kick their own arse in 30 games! And Hammell has only played 3 or 4 times maximum.

The 3 managers keep picking them all though and the more this madness is persisted with the more our chances of survival diminish.

We won't have to worry about the play offs at least, we're going straight down.

I honestly don't think we'll win another game this season. Yesterday was our best chance of 3 points and once again shat in the nest.

Ross County play Partick thistle next week and a win for them there coupled with another insipid capitulation from us will see us finally go bottom. It'll have been a long time coming and thoroughly deserved.

It was unfortunate scheduling for yestrday's game, it would have been better for us to have had a game against, say, Dundee to settle some of the players in before we took on what ws an important game. And remember County had their new players to lift them and are fighting for their lives so was never going to be easy.

However, that was clearly not good enough. The managers bigging up of the senior players didn't have the impact that was required. He needs to make some big decisions and play a team of players that have looked like they have a spark about them. i would include Dom Thomas and even Law if played in the correct position. I think that Pearson may be key to the end of our season and may have made the difference in the last 2 games.

I wasn't there but if we are talking about bringing Carswell back in, how bad were Lasley/Ramsden.To be fair Ramsden Is a defender, if anything.hopefully if we can get some of the injured players back , we can start playing midfielders in midfield

Yes to be fair, Ramsden is a right back nothing more nothing less.

Both were totally anonymous yesterday. They failed to shield a shaky defence and left the debutant keeper very exposed. They allowed County to rain in shot after shot from the edge of the box. They also were completely unable to advance up the park to support front men. However in general they simply did not compete in an area in which we needed battlers and ball winners.

There is more to our deficiencies than Ramsden and Lasley but our cantral midfield is at the root cause of a lot of our woes.

Pretty gutting result to be honest, the fans and hopefully the players would have had a morale boost with the new additions. Any optimism may have been sucked out the squad with that result though.

I wasn't there so can't be too critical, but two things really stump me:

- Straker at left back after the 1st half performance against St J

- Erwin playing left wing instead of Dom Thomas. Thomas has been our best spark since Barraclough came in, came on and set up the goal in our last game, full of running, doing well in the under 20games and importantly is actually a left winger. Now i can just about understand dropping him for one of our new wingers, but to drop him to play someone else out of position?? I hope we have a decent contract on this lad because the way he's been treated by succesive managers will probably have him considering a move.

There is more to our deficiencies than Ramsden and Lasley but our cantral midfield is at the root cause of a lot of our woes.

I'll bet you anything Lasley wasn't fully fit yesterday and was rushed back for the match.

Playing Ramsden, Grant and Lasley in midfield is a managerial failing rather than anything else. Total lack of balance or variety.

The 3 managers keep picking them all though and the more this madness is persisted with the more our chances of survival diminish.

Isn't there something to this though surely. Guys with a lot more experience than us in football, who see them daily at training and therefore have a better idea of what their inclusion brings over dropping them.

You can't deny 3 different guys have all opted for them. You can understand Black following on from McCall's precedent but I get the impression Baraclough is playing a few because of no depth of cover, but he is still playing them.

It seems clear to us to play Dom Thomas over Erwin on the left wing, but there's evidently more to it.

Last week Ross County looked as shambolic as I've seen them in losing 4-0 to Aberdeen. Another week on and their new players were able to help them to a win. We could potentially do the same with another week of training and knowing each other. Far too early to talk of throwing in the towel and not winning again this season.

• Like 5

Last week Ross County looked as shambolic as I've seen them in losing 4-0 to Aberdeen. Another week on and their new players were able to help them to a win. We could potentially do the same with another week of training and knowing each other. Far too early to talk of throwing in the towel and not winning again this season.

Careful...talking common sense on these boards could cause a meltdown!!

Personally i think we should sack IB, find a new buyer cause Les isn't delivering, our new signings are all pish so sack our new chief scout, our new goalie still isn't big enough and needs replaced and all players from last year should be released and we should play our U16's for the rest of the season for experience since we are already relegated!!

It was unfortunate scheduling for yestrday's game, it would have been better for us to have had a game against, say, Dundee to settle some of the players in before we took on what ws an important game. And remember County had their new players to lift them and are fighting for their lives so was never going to be easy.

I don't see the logic in that statement TBH. You'd rather play a team that has scudded us twice already this season rather than the one team in the league who are arguably more shambolic than us?

The points were there to be won yesterday and a very questionable team selection has cost us dearly, again.

We should have been ready and the blame for not being lies squarely at the manager's door.

If Baraclough doesn't sort it out quickly we are going to be down before we realise it.

Football is a strange game. We'll probably win again this season but it's hard looking at the evidence of the season to see where or how.

As for the example above, probably the greatest factor was that Ross County were playing Aberdeen, the best of the rest, one week and Motherwell, the worst in the league, the next.

• Like 1

I think you're clutching at straws a bit here. They lost to one of the best teams in the league and then beat the worst team in the league who haven't looked like beating anybody for months. Says more about us than them IMO.

All 3 teams will lose the majority of their games up to the split, I think. So, it's probably going to come down who beats who post split out of us, St Mirren and County to decide the final places. Need to be up for that fight.

Ross County have taken 5 points in 2015. St. Mirren have taken 7 points. We have taken 1 point.

Replicate that form over the remaining games up to the split and we would be bottom, 4 points behind Ross County (effectively 5 with goal difference) and 7 points behind St. Mirren (effectively 8 points).

We have to improve dramatically to have any chance.

12 hours out of my life and £100 poorer the joys of following the 'Well.

Wasn't going to go but was positive we would get a lift and a reaction with all the new players,sadly I was wrong.

All the old frailties still there for all to see, no cover in midfield allowing Ross County to do basically do what they wanted with the ball. Long punts up the park to Sutton for the ball to immediately come straight down into our faces.

As previously said, Erwin on the left , WTF when you've got Don Thomas the only spark we've had lately kicking his heels on the bench.

At least the subs are now warming up with their new resistance rubber bands round their ankles.rolleyes.gif

Some of the "Bois" not happy with things and waiting outside the players entrance after the game, anything come of that?

We are in BIG bother and the sooner the players realise that the better.

Only positive was the Goalie, at least he commands his area and the two new wingers look as if they might do a job.

My last away game this season

1424020899[/url]' post='432517']

12 hours out of my life and £100 poorer the joys of following the 'Well.

Wasn't going to go but was positive we would get a lift and a reaction with all the new players,sadly I was wrong.

All the old frailties still there for all to see, no cover in midfield allowing Ross County to do basically do what they wanted with the ball. Long punts up the park to Sutton for the ball to immediately come straight down into our faces.

As previously said, Erwin on the left , WTF when you've got Don Thomas the only spark we've had lately kicking his heels on the bench.

At least the subs are now warming up with their new resistance rubber bands round their ankles.rolleyes.gif

Some of the "Bois" not happy with things and waiting outside the players entrance after the game, anything come of that?

We are in BIG bother and the sooner the players realise that the better.

Only positive was the Goalie, at least he commands his area and the two new wingers look as if they might do a job.

My last away game this season

Great news about the resistance bands tho

Ross County have taken 5 points in 2015. St. Mirren have taken 7 points. We have taken 1 point.

Replicate that form over the remaining games up to the split and we would be bottom, 4 points behind Ross County (effectively 5 with goal difference) and 7 points behind St. Mirren (effectively 8 points).

We have to improve dramatically to have any chance.

Stats can be cut many ways.....if you look at the last 10 league games for each club...we have taken 8 pts, Ross county 7 pts and St mirren, 10 pts.

Replicate that form over the next 10 games and we will be going into the last game of season - St Mirren 28, Well 26, County 22.

Squeaky bum time.

Stats can be cut many ways.....if you look at the last 10 league games for each club...we have taken 8 pts, Ross county 7 pts and St mirren, 10 pts.

Replicate that form over the next 10 games and we will be going into the last game of season - St Mirren 28, Well 26, County 22.

Squeaky bum time.

The point is that our recent form is garbage while the other teams are picking up points.

Ross County for instance haven't lost more than 2 games in a row since September. St.Mirren have also picked up.

We, on the other hand, are in our worst form of the season.

This is the reality, ignore at your peril.

The point is that our recent form is garbage while the other teams are picking up points.

Ross County for instance haven't lost more than 2 games in a row since September. St.Mirren have also picked up.

We, on the other hand, are in our worst form of the season.

This is the reality, ignore at your peril.

Aye, I know where you are coming from. We need to pick up points sharpish there is no getting away from that.