Tv Scheduling

Goggles & Flippers

The Accies game being moved actually suits me but means that my son won't make it as he has BBs that night. Swings in roundabouts, I guess.

Speaking as someone who does shift work, there are times when games being moved from the Saturday does actually help me. But I know I'm in the minority. But it is important to remember that Saturday 3pm doesn't suit everyone all the time...

The Accies game being moved actually suits me but means that my son won't make it as he has BBs that night. Swings in roundabouts, I guess.

Speaking as someone who does shift work, there are times when games being moved from the Saturday does actually help me. But I know I'm in the minority. But it is important to remember that Saturday 3pm doesn't suit everyone all the time...

You could let him sack the BB's for the night although I'm guessing if he gets a choice he'd dingy the fitba.

I was thinking this as well. Inverness/County are about as far from Aberdeen as we are.

Well we're 50% further but on better roads. The reason I cited that is I'm sure both clubs would want the Highland derby games played when they can maximise hospitality. Geographically unless they play each other then they are isolated, Aberdeen or St Johnstone are the only "local" alternative. But lets hone in on the minutia of the argument that's what SOL does best after all.

As for lunchtime, easy answer is 3 to 4:45 is blacked out, EPL has the bigger draw so it gets the slot after. We're cheap filler so we get what's left and 8pm games on a Saturday night would not get a green light here from the authorities or clubs. I'd be surprised if the police weren't happy with 12:30 KO's too especially with the track record of the old firm. It takes a bit of forethought and forward planning to get jaked by 12:30 on a Sunday morning so no doubt limits alcohol related trouble.

To reiterate I'm not against Friday night football and I'm sure for selfish reasons the changes in the weeks ahead suit some. 2 out the three games back up my proposition, it's just the Aberdeen game could have been better served as a 3pm fixture.

Would not have been travelling to Aberdeen anyway so i am not bothered when they play it. If i am out on the Friday it will be recorded and watched at my leisure, or not dependent on the result. Don't know why people get so upset about matches being re-scheduled for TV. The TV money is about all that scottish football has going for it revenue wise so it hardly a surprise that Sky, BT sport etc will dictate the kick offs to suit their schedules, the SFA have nothing to bargin with. That said short notice alterations are pish for anybody who has sorted out time off work, booked trains etc, there should be a minimum period of say 2 weeks before the scheduled KO after which they are not allowed to change the times. But that would require some tough contract negotiations from the SFA / Clubs so thats not going to happen