Motherwell V Dundee 21/02/15

Yabba's Turd

The loss of Stevie Hammell (or should I say, our inability to replace him), shouldnt be underestimated, he has been a model of consistency since he broke into the team as a 17yr old and his importance to the team shouldnt be underplayed both defensively and as the man who often starts our moves offensively from the back. We've missed him hugely this season.

As for Straker, he looked fucking hopeless at left-mid against St Johnstone, but I thought he looked semi-decent at left-back, although I wasnt at Ross County to judge further...I'd play my 5 year old lassie at left-back before Angol, so Straker will do me until Stevie is back.

Absolutely no idea what to expect tomorrow in terms of team selection and to be honest I'm still trying to get my head around the new players names and where they play on the pitch. One thing I'm looking forward to though is having a look at our new keeper...

The loss of Stevie Hammell (or should I say, our inability to replace him), shouldnt be underestimated, he has been a model of consistency since he broke into the team as a 17yr old and his importance to the team shouldnt be underplayed both defensively and as the man who often starts our moves offensively from the back. We've missed him hugely this season.

As for Straker, he looked fucking hopeless at left-mid against St Johnstone, but I thought he looked semi-decent at left-back, although I wasnt at Ross County to judge further...I'd play my 5 year old lassie at left-back before Angol, so Straker will do me until Stevie is back.

Absolutely no idea what to expect tomorrow in terms of team selection and to be honest I'm still trying to get my head around the new players names and where they play on the pitch. One thing I'm looking forward to though is having a look at our new keeper...

He was worse at left back up at county than he was at left mid the week before. Looked completely lost and i'd much rather play Watt.

He was worse at left back up at county than he was at left mid the week before. Looked completely lost and i'd much rather play Watt.

I've yet to see the guy in the flesh but this is the consistent feedback I'm hearing. Very concerning. But then so is 99% of what we've seen in the pitch this season.

Our lack of decent full backs on both sides is one of the reasons we're in the shit at the moment. Stevie Hammell is one of the best left backs our club has ever had 2nd only to Joe Wark. We need him back asap. dry.gif

Bold statement that, considering he couldn't lace Tom Boyd or Rab McKinnon's boots. Just saying likes.

• Like 1

Summary of presser:

Robbo - Back to basics, our defending is shite, not just a back 4 issue. Craigan sold the club to him.

Bara - Pearo in contention, if not tomorrow he'll be back next week. Some of the players are unfit/lazy. Ainsworth came on before Dom because of pace. Leitch is coaching 1st team now.

Summary of presser:

Robbo - Back to basics, our defending is shite, not just a back 4 issue. Craigan sold the club to him.

Bara - Pearo in contention, if not tomorrow he'll be back next week. Some of the players are unfit/lazy. Ainsworth came on before Dom because of pace. Leitch is coaching 1st team now.

I had a feeling this would be the case.

Good to hear that Pearo is almost back though!

On the other hand it's unlikely Stevie will ever walk round Hampden with a mhanky scarf before we play a cup final or announce a fake manager.

Advantage Hammell.

Boyd was an excellent player for us and he lifted the Cup at Hampden. I don't care who he supports after he's stopped playing any more than I care about players kissing a badge.

Game, set & match Boyd.

Boyd was an excellent player for us and he lifted the Cup at Hampden. I don't care who he supports after he's stopped playing any more than I care about players kissing a badge.

Game, set & match Boyd.

There is a difference between supporting a team and coming out in front of our fans with our opponents scarf before a cup final then slaughtering our players in the media come monday.

To get back on track, have given up a shift which would have made me £100 to get to the game tomorrow. Really hoping it's the one where we turn the corner.

Would love Hammell to be back but we've rushed him back a couple of times and it's backfired so would rather wait til he was 100%.

Looking forward to seeing Grant and hopefully Pearson. Think if we score first we'll win...

Bold statement that, considering he couldn't lace Tom Boyd or Rab McKinnon's boots. Just saying likes.

I'd agree that both those players were probably better than Hammell but neither of them played for Motherwell at 32.

Hammell has developed into a very consistent, experienced player but people forget he was a much more exciting and dynamic player in his earlier years.

Perhaps if Hammell had left Motherwell in his mid 20's and never come back people would be more likely to argue a case for him.