Baraclough Out

Bop

Kinda missing the point there aren't you.

All I'm saying is the small club/big club argument is pointless in terms of actual achievement out on the park. Accies, I'd imagine pay smaller wages than we do, but there are more than a few players at NDP that are, quite frankly, better than players we have.

It's all about getting the right players in and then utilising them correctly, not how many sides your stadium has or what your budget is, or how great a tradition you have

Hibs supporters might well claim the big club/greater tradition against us but a fine lot of use it's doing them losing to Dumbarton.

Kinda missing the point there aren't you.

All I'm saying is the small club/big club argument is pointless in terms of actual achievement out on the park. Accies, I'd imagine pay smaller wages than we do, but there are more than a few players at NDP that are, quite frankly, better than players we have.

It's all about getting the right players in and then utilising them correctly, not how many sides your stadium has or what your budget is, or how great a tradition you have

Hibs supporters might well claim the big club/greater tradition against us but a fine lot of use it's doing them losing to Dumbarton.

Who..? I am not buying into this guff that Accies are somehow better than us, they had their moments last season but the good start saved them from the relegation mire, after Neil left they were rancid. In contrast we were a club in transition last season managed to stay up and the rebuilding process has begun. When you bring in as many new faces as we did in the summer then they will take time to develop and gel as a team, this means a few different combinations of players maybe asking some to play a different role from what they are used to but its all necessary to find out how they can contribute the maximum to the team. IB has a big rebuilding job this year to try to get the club back into contention at the top half of the table and given time i am sure he will do it. Accies however will be constant strugglers in the bottom half they may hang around in the premiership for a few seasons but they will eventually end up back in the championship, that's their level

Who..?

Well Ali Crawford and Michael McGovern would go straight into any team outside of Celtic in this league. Don't think you could say that about any of our players.

I think they have more strength and depth than us in midfield and reckon someone like Darian McKinnon would be ahead of Jack Leitch if they were in our squad. The big Brazilian lad Lucas has looked more solid than any of our defenders over a period.

Don't what all this panicking is about. We were the better side against Dundee Utd and we're just unlucky that day. Aberdeen beat us but they are pretty good these days, beaten by hearts at tune castle - again no surprise. St Johnstone could be looked as a bad result, but again sounds like we had chances. We then win two on the bounce and by the sounds of it were far better than Killie.

Need to give the guy the season. I'm convinced we have the players to be a decent top six team.

Also lets not forget two first choice players have been out for most of the season so far.

• Like 2

I'm in the minority here but I think we've got a decent squad and things are moving in the right direction. I've seen sparks of really good football this season and i'm reasonably happy considering the crap that I was watching at this point last season.

Such a shame we have such a shit support who would appear to be happy enough to slate the team, manager and club on here but don't go to the games!!

• Like 11

I'm in the minority here but I think we've got a decent squad and things are moving in the right direction. I've seen sparks of really good football this season and i'm reasonably happy considering the crap that I was watching at this point last season.

Such a shame we have such a shit support who would appear to be happy enough to slate the team, manager and club on here but don't go to the games!!

Couldn't agree more. Looking forward to see what new signings we wrap up before the window closes and then how the team develops over the season.

• Like 2

Exactly how I'm looking at things this season. We've had a bit of a slow start and been unlucky in a couple of matches, as well as turned in a couple of howlers, but when I see us play now, I can see where chances are going to come from, and we look like causing problems if we can just have a little more composure with that final ball. Contrast this to last season, when it was difficult to see where the creative spark would come from at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I think he has assembled a decent enough squad. Problem is he does not select right players from it.

Jake Taylor should not be near the starting 11 based on his performances so far. Nor should Skippy or Laing. The team that finished today should start next week.

What did Kennedy do to be benched for Laing?

I take it you were not at the game today while I agree Laing has his faults McMinging beside him is a disaster hardly tried a leg until the last 10 minutes Law a complete fraud of a player even Hammy was unsettled today and didn't play well (put that down to not Knowing what big Mick was going to do) Midfield seemed to try but almost everything bypassed them, Las had a great last 10 mins (pity about the rest). Skippy seems to have lost the concept of passing to your own player, Lionel and Moult tried hard as did young Dom who got absolutely no protection from the referee. Grimshaw changed the game coming on for a useless right back and ending up orchestrating our goal from left mid.(should have started the game}

I want to like the guy but he's just not cut out for it and is steering Motherwell to a terminal decline.

Time for those who recruited him to take responsibility. Why we let relative amateurs select a novice manager and then give him free reign to turnover 30+ staff is beyond me.

Always backed Baraclough though starting to have my doubts about if he is the man to take us forward though still hope I am wrong. Reminds me of Brendan Rodgers only with a lot lot less money. Sounds very knowledgeable and talks a good game in the interviews though not enough evidence to back the talk up.

In response to the half time tune he should go. Today's 'performance' clearly demonstrated yet again that progress will only be made when he is rightlfully shown the door.

I want to like the guy but he's just not cut out for it and is steering Motherwell to a terminal decline.

Time for those who recruited him to take responsibility. Why we let relative amateurs select a novice manager and then give him free reign to turnover 30+ staff is beyond me.

Of the teams we were fighting against when Baraclough took over, Ross County, Kilmarnock, Partick Thistle and St Mirren, one has since been relegated and two currently sit below us in the SPFL.

We matched Ross County today, a team that have a highly rated management team in Jim McIntyre and Billy Dodds and by all accounts have made big strides forward since they took over in September 2014. I would say, putting opinion to one side for a minute, that those facts would suggest that progress has been made. Certainly under no circumstances could you agree that we are witnessing 'a terminal decline' based on those facts.

• Like 1

I think we've given Baraclough enough time. Based on his performance to date I believe he's a good scout and nothing more.

He doesn't do anything a basic manager can do:

Train to prevent the same mistakes happening

Putting out your best team possible

Change the formation to adapt to the game or the team you are playing

Most of the players he has brought in seem to be of good calibre but he can't make them play well as a team.

It also seems to take him a long time to spot when a player has been playing bad. Marvin being the perfect example of this. Josh Law too, although he still hasn't done anything about that one.

It also seems to take him a long time to spot when a player has been playing bad. Marvin being the perfect example of this. Josh Law too, although he still hasn't done anything about that one.

Pick the easy targets? Johnson was dropped when McDonald's form has been worse. Law's an easy target when McManus and others have let themselves down in defence...

I'd prefer to back our manager to the hilt and am generally Mr Positive - but I too am starting to doubt Barra's capacity to select a strong side, bind them with sufficent tactical savvy to work as a unit and motivate them to compete. Today I felt I was watching some good players in claret and amber, playing beneath their potential. Moult and Robinson look good signings, but had to play off scraps.

Barra sees these players all week. I find it hard to believe he can't spot Josh Law is out of his depth. Kennedy, Watt and Reid all offer more at right back.

Carswell was released because he couldn't make the grade. He has now been replaced by a clone in Taylor. I can't believe he has shown enough in training to merit a start. In 5 minutes, Grimshaw showed more creativity than Taylor did in 90.

Why are the likes of MacDonald and Johnston not sparking? Why does McManus play every minute? Why praise Kennedy then drop him?

Nice pleasant manner and soundbites at press conferences are all fine, but don't make a good manager. Over the next few weeks, Barra has to show his true worth. I hope he is up to the challenge.

What the hell do we do all week? Zero coaching in evidence. Even basic things aren't being remedied week after week.

It's one thing to try and fail but I don't see any game plan whatsoever. There is nothing there.

Crossed my mind that Robinson's absence during the International break may have contributed to such a clueless performance today.

Nice pleasant manner and soundbites at press conferences are all fine, but don't make a good manager. Over the next few weeks, Barra has to show his true worth. I hope he is up to the challenge.

He seems like a really nice guy who can certainly talk a good game. I would give him up until the next transfer window, however, if there is not a sizeable gap between us and the teams occupying the bottom two spots by then, he sadly has to go. If we are in either of the bottom two spots, a few others should go with him.

Yes i just feel that Baaraclough is limited in his coaching ability we do seem to be getting the basics wrong,Scott Macdonald today didn't seem capable of passing to a Motherwell player. We have a keeper who at times doesn't want to come out for a cross ball

[watch the goal we lost today} we've lost the ability to pass the ball properly and play to a decent level for anything above 20 minutes in game we are awfull to watch and it's time to get a manager who will make us more competitive and difficult to beat and STOP losing such soft shitey goals.

I take it you were not at the game today while I agree Laing has his faults McMinging beside him is a disaster hardly tried a leg until the last 10 minutes Law a complete fraud of a player even Hammy was unsettled today and didn't play well (put that down to not Knowing what big Mick was going to do) Midfield seemed to try but almost everything bypassed them, Las had a great last 10 mins (pity about the rest). Skippy seems to have lost the concept of passing to your own player, Lionel and Moult tried hard as did young Dom who got absolutely no protection from the referee. Grimshaw changed the game coming on for a useless right back and ending up orchestrating our goal from left mid.(should have started the game}

I take it you are fuckin clueless.

Of course I was at the game. Why would I post such comments if I was not.

Your subsequent response tells me all I need to know.

I will get in to a debate when you post some sense