Run In To Split

Goggles & Flippers

Whoever gets The Rangers in the play off is going to be subjected to the most biased refereeing you've ever witnessed. The 11th placed premier league team is on a hiding to nothing.

If we get them in the play offs I'd like to see them given the wee corner of the main stand at Fir Park at nothing else 'cos we sure as hell will only get the wee corner at Ibrox. No way they should get the South Stand.

2013-14 - 11th - Hibernian - 35pts
2012-13 - 11th - St. Mirren - 41 pts
2011-12 - 11th - Hibernian - 33 pts
2010-11 - 11th - St. Mirren - 33 pts
2009-10 - 11th - Kilmarnock - 33 pts
2008-09 - 11th - St. Mirren - 37 pts
2007-08 - 11th - Kilmarnock - 40 pts
2006-07 - 11th - St. Mirren - 36 pts
2005-06 - 11th - Dunfermline - 33 pts
2004-05 - 11th - Dunfermline - 34 pts
2003-04 - 11th - Aberdeen - 34 pts
2002-03 - 11th - Dundee Utd - 32 pts
2001-02 - 11th - Motherwell - 40 pts
2000-01 - 11th - Dundee Utd - 35 pts

In an average season 36 pts keeps you safe. Doesn't look like it's going to be an average season.

I think The Currants are stick-ons for second, simply because they've a manager who is not a complete twanger. Let's face it I could win the league with them!

Hopefully, the Hibbies get their act together, but I think Fistle is our best hope.

Probably favourites now, with Hibs bottle crashing.

However Rangers next game is away at Qos, and the last two matches of the regular season are against Falkirk and Hearts. They have improved but they are not putting teams away, even their recent 4-1 against a terrible Cowdenbeath team needed 2 very late goals to make it look more convincing than it was.

If you look at the BBC website SPFL table in full mode you see the form, all the green is at the bottom of the league.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-premiership/table

Tomorrow St. Mirren know its probably their last realistic (if not mathematical) chance of salvaging this season and status. If we turn up and play to our abilities then while it'll be tough, we should get a result. However I'd add that the two other games this season have been highway robbery by us so maybe we are due our karma. Hope not though.

As for Partick, they've found form too, some decent results of late and a few ex Well players looking to silence our support. The trip to Maryhill will be decisive and extremely tough.

Think most people would expect Rangers to be in the play offs. ( & probably pump us if we finish 11th )

Looking at the teams Ross county have beat recently I don't think it's anything to be worried about. All average to bottom teams apart from Dundee United who have been on the slide since the transfers.

It's in our hands at the end of the day starting with St Mirren

Guessing it'll be pretty quick after the Partick game, Sunday maybe.

Potentially as late as 2 days before the 1st post-split fixture. Depends how the Hamilton/Dundee situation pans out.

Dundee have 2 games in hand and don't play Celtic until the 22nd.

edit: just looked and St Johnstone could still end up bottom six, too.

I've spoke to guys who say Partk Thistle will be safe as they are a good team but looking at the table they have only won 9 games so far - the same as both us and Ross County. Grinding out draws is what has kept them out of trouble so far but if both us and County continue our runs draws won't be enough.

Dundee in the top six is probably good for us, we are due a 5-0 win on Hamilton's plastic

I've said before I don't want to go back to Hamilton, well, ever! Also Dundee probably wouldn't have much to play for post split might be a bit of a stroll for them whereas Accies are bound to be more up for entertaining Motherwell.

Haven't worked it out but I doubt we can all get above them given we need to take points off each other to do it.

How about:

Hamilton Lose all - 43 pts

Motherwell beat Partick, St Mirren, Hamilton, Kilmarnock - Draw Ross C - 1 game spare 44pts

Ross beat St Mirren x 2, Hamilton - Draw Motherwell - 2 games spare 44pts

Partick beat St Mirren, Hamilton, Kilmarnock - 3 games spare 44points

Kilmarnock beat Hamilton, St Mirren - 5 games spare 44 points

Hamilton then in 11th

How about:

Motherwell beat Partick, St Mirren, Hamilton, Kilmarnock - Draw Ross C - 1 game spare 44pts

Hamilton then in 11th

Not beyond the realms of possibility...

How about:

Hamilton then in 11th

Definitely not impossible...

Given current form, would be very surprised to see St. Mirren pick up any more points so can see Hamilton beating them. Still at least a game spare for all teams, so could still finish 11th.

Ross County game aside, which is hard to call given there current form, we have a very good chance of taking maximum points from the rest of the games given the way we are playing. And would really fancy us with Ross County at home (which we are due)

How about:

Hamilton then in 11th

I'd be happy with that