2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

I assume by the deafening silence from the Motherwell camp that we are signing no out of contract players and that Faddy has decided to hang up his boots. Or are we expecting a late flurry of signings before the weekend?

Would you like hour by hour updates from the club, or is checking in with you once a day more suitable?

"Deafening silence". FFS! I'm sure if/when there's something to tell, the club will announce it.

I assume by the deafening silence from the Motherwell camp that we are signing no out of contract players and that Faddy has decided to hang up his boots. Or are we expecting a late flurry of signings before the weekend?

You probably posted this about the exact time they released the YouTube video where McGhee says Faddy is definitely not going abroad and they hope to get him to end of season. He also mentioned still looking at free agents and may get a couple in to training to have a look at. Also mentioned we didn't 'miss out' on Higdon. Was merely on a list and quickly ruled out due to the transfer rules.

Still in talks with Faddy to keep him until the end of the season.

How fucking long can that conversation be?

MM: Hi James, do you want to stay since the American Dream is pie in the sky?

JM: Aye ok, how much are you paying me?

MM: Well, you know we're on the verge of administration so we really cant offer you anymore than you were on before Christmas, we can let you keep helping Kerso with the the young lads though if thats something that interests you. Sorry, though, its take it or leave it mate.

JM: Aye ok, where do I sign....or nah, fuck that Dumbarton have offered me £50 a week more

A lot of great work was done in shedding loads of deadwood around the squad, but it was incredibly poor on the INS section...if I remember rightly, McGhee had a couple of very quiet (in terms of signings) transfer windows during his last stint.

Off the back of the McGhee conference is anyone aware of any notable strikers that are available on a free contract? Racking my brain but can't think of any.

Depends what you mean by notable. A quick check on out of contract players will throw up a load of pretty well known names though none are likely to be realistic for us I'd think.

Transfermarkt is quite good for that sort of thing though it's not 100% accurate it's a reasonable indicator generally. http://www.transfermarkt.com/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus/?ausrichtung=Sturm&spielerposition_id=alle&land_id=alle&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show

Depends what you mean by notable. A quick check on out of contract players will throw up a load of pretty well known names though none are likely to be realistic for us I'd think.

Transfermarkt is quite good for that sort of thing though it's not 100% accurate it's a reasonable indicator generally. http://www.transfermarkt.com/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus/?ausrichtung=Sturm&spielerposition_id=alle&land_id=alle&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show

That's just a list of Champ Man glory there. Dagoberto, Goitom, Sarpong, Josimar...

I'll take Robinho, thanks.

Nice database thanks. Aye as you said likely alot of the notable guys on this list will be outwith our reach. Really think we need something extra up front so fingers crossed we pull one from left field, i won't hold my breath.

A lot of great work was done in shedding loads of deadwood around the squad, but it was incredibly poor on the INS section...if I remember rightly, McGhee had a couple of very quiet (in terms of signings) transfer windows during his last stint.

We slate the previous manager if he signs a "load of piss poor English lower league / non league dross" Then we slate the manager if he doesn't run out and sign players just to appease the fans FFS be consistant

Any relation to Steve Jennings?

Looks like he's shown some promise....

He looked the business when he broke through at Tranmere. Remember him scoring a hat-trick in one of his first games and got snapped up by Bayern after only a couple of months of first team football.

BBC sport (I think) did a feature on him over in Munich and he seemed to be doing pretty well but I think he had bad injury problems before coming back to England.