Play Off Final

Prestwickwell

Get the toys back in the pram, put away your petted lip and support your fucking team. This is football. This is the essence of it - good times, bad times, mediocre times we get behind the team. Just because there is a chance we might be relegated is no reason to not show up. You sound exactly like an old firm glory hunter, ready to chuck it at the first sniff of disaster. Even worse, that actually makes you sound like you play for us - such is your lack of heart.

Also, wash your hair? In my mind's eye I always had you down as a baldy!!

A lot drifted away last year too, when we were in 2nd place, the away supports in the past few games have actually been pretty good

Oh aye, the number travelling has been excellent. But outwith the absolute core, there is a dwindling interest whether we are at the top or bottom of the league.

Where ever we end up, Premiership or Championship, I will still be at Fir Park. I've followed the 'Well for some 38 years, seen us relegated twice before, but that's football for you. We can't be top 2 or 3 for ever, every now and then were going to have a shit season. And that shit season is now. 2 massive games ahead and who knows, maybe, just maybe................................... Ever the optimist :-)

• Like 6

Where ever we end up, Premiership or Championship, I will still be at Fir Park. I've followed the 'Well for some 38 years, seen us relegated twice before, but that's football for you. We can't be top 2 or 3 for ever, every now and then were going to have a shit season. And that shit season is now. 2 massive games ahead and who knows, maybe, just maybe................................... Ever the optimist :-)

Said this today but beating rangers in the play off will be best football buzz of all time, better than fitzys goal etc but getting beat...absolute opposite.

Will take years to get over

This.

Although convinced it will be later so just put £100 on Rangers to beat Motherwell in play-off final. Will soften the blow, and if not, money well spent.

• Like 1

If that imposter Baraclough is in the dugout for the play-off we're going down. His post match interviews are laughable and full of generic pish rather than any real insight into what has actually happened in the game. He's a salesman who googled a few things before his interview and pulled the wool over the amateur board's eyes. I really can't believe we, as a fanbase, are sitting back and accepting this muppet getting us relegated.

He needs to go now to give us any chance of staying up and that won't happen unless the fans demand it. IMO if we accept Barraclough as manager for the play-off we're accepting relegation so we can't complain when it happens.

• Like 3

For all I agree that barraclough is clueless and the wrong appointment I'm not sure what people suggest tactically we could have changed today.

Best 11, arguably, on the pitch today

Best 11 means nothing if the tactics aren't spot on and the team aren't playing for the manager.

Also, it's all very well some fans talking about professional pride etc but individual players giving 100% isn't the same as THE TEAM giving 100% collectively. That's where I think we are sadly lacking. Individuals are giving their all but we're not a team and that's down to the "manager".

• Like 1

For all I agree that barraclough is clueless and the wrong appointment I'm not sure what people suggest tactically we could have changed today.

Best 11, arguably, on the pitch today

If it's just the best 11 on the pitch that you're looking for then there are plenty of people on here who could do the job. I think there should be a bit more to it than that.

Ya Beezer I know you have a major man crush on Sutton but other than put the penalty away what else did he actually do.... Sclaff a good chance wide??

The last time we started Sutton against Partick he was rank rotten.... In fact the past few starts he has had he has been rotten. He relies on others playing well and providing chances for him, which we did not do for anyone today. He can score yes, but only when others create, his link up play this full season has been shite.

However I agree, after 20mins it was crying out for a 2nd winger and I would have started Ainsworth or Thomas ahead of Grant today.

Ya Beezer I know you have a major man crush on Sutton but other than put the penalty away what else did he actually do.... Sclaff a good chance wide??

The last time we started Sutton against Partick he was rank rotten.... In fact the past few starts he has had he has been rotten. He relies on others playing well and providing chances for him, which we did not do for anyone today. He can score yes, but only when others create, his link up play this full season has been shite.

However I agree, after 20mins it was crying out for a 2nd winger and I would have started Ainsworth or Thomas ahead of Grant today.

If wanting someone in the team with a proven goal scoring record when we are on terrible runs and staring relegation in the face is having a man crush then I guess I have one.

We needed to win today and about 50% of the teams goals were sitting on the bench in the form of Ainsworth and Sutton.

Both players have big flaws in their games but if you don't score you don't win.

As for Sutton being poor against Partick, fine. But Erwin has been poor against Hamilton, Partick, most of the Kilmarnock match at Rugby Park, St. Mirren today and others. Yet Erwin seems to be beyond any kind of criticism on here, while Sutton only needs one poor performance to get binned even though he's up there with some of the greatest ever players to pull on a Motherwell shirt in terms of goalscoring - Willie Pettigrew, Ian St.John, Pat Quinn, Wilson Humphreys etc.

And I've given Erwin plenty praise when he deserved it but he isn't good enough to be a stick on first choice striker. That's one of the reasons we are in a relegation play off and one of the major mistakes Baraclough has made.

We had a chance to go with Sutton and McDonald up front in the run in and we didn't. That and the George Long debacle are huge mistakes in team selection that Baraclough has made.

By the way, if we get a last minute penalty in the play off that we need to score to save ourselves how do you want to take it? Erwin or Sutton?

Really? What makes you think that?

It's nonsense of course. Just like after every loss it's claimed he's lost the dressing room or the players aren't playing for him. The players haven't played all fucking season yet, to some it's like it's only post baraclough. By no means am I saying I support Bara or anything like that- but this decline doesn't just happen overnight at a flick of the switch. This has been a few years in the making and league positions have papered over the cracks. It's US that the players aren't playing for.

• Like 4