Play Off Final

Prestwickwell

Its outside the transfer window so wouldnt it be classed as another loan??

It's a registration window so as long as they continue to be registered with the same club all should be well. If they are automatically re-registered with their home clubs that might be a problem.

I guess while there is a mathematical chance of escaping the play off, we've got to go for it. The dilemma is, 5 cup finals will inevitably cause injuries of sorts to key players, suspensions and possibly rotations of players and formations. IMO we're stuck between a rock and a hard place. We need to get a solid system that everyone understands and cut out the recurring mistakes that have plagued us this season. For this to happen we need every player fit and playing at the top of their game, in a system that works. How would you play the next 5 or potentially 7 matches? I'm sure the management team are already thinking about this already. Difficult choices ahead folks, I hope they choose wisely and we receive that little bit of luck that has deserted us so far this season. What are folks thoughts?

Good post Alan. Yes we have 5 cup finals coming up but we have to keep an eye on the play off. At the moment we have a reasonably big squad and so a bit of squad rotation may not go amiss especially if it becomes clear early on that we're heading for the play off final. If any game we go a few goals ahead (fingers crossed) then players should be taken off early. We need to use every trick in the book.

Statistically, either us or one of our rivals is going to bottle it. It happens most seasons. Assuming it's not us, we need to be going full steam at full strength in every game until it's mathematically impossible to finish 10th.

Statistically, either us or one of our rivals is going to bottle it. It happens most seasons. Assuming it's not us, we need to be going full steam at full strength in every game until it's mathematically impossible to finish 10th.

Statistically you make the most obvious posts on this forum.

I wasn't confident about thistle.

Reality....

If we can't beat Hamilton with the form their in, & how important this game is to us.

We don't deserve to avoid the play offs

• Like 1

It's not a problem for me. You always put out your strongest XI for the next match. If someone gets injured so be it. Players can get injured training, warming up before the match or microwaving an egg, no point worrying about it.

Did a goalie not injure himself by dropping his aftershave bottle on his foot?

Reality....

If we can't beat Hamilton with the form their in, & how important this game is to us.

We don't deserve to avoid the play offs

What stats?

HAFC lost one of their last four in Hamilton, or our recent record there?

Perusing Soccerbase and there's Motherwell in big bold letters. Not really in a good way though....

http://www.soccerbase.com/news/football/motherwell-5-4-to-claim-playoff-success/1862058/

Lowly Motherwell 5-4 to claim playoff success

BY MARK LANGDON 6:33PM 23 APR 2015
MOTHERWELL head to Hamilton on Friday with six points to make up on tenth-placed Ross County if they want to guarantee themselves a spot in next season’s Premiership, but their top-flight status is likely to be determined by the playoffs.
Coral rate Motherwell 5-4 to win the playoffs – they would play whoever comes through the two-legged series of matches between the teams who finish between second and fourth in the Championship – with Ian Baraclough’s boys left with five matches remaining to save themselves the agony of extending the campaign.
Rangers, managed by former Well boss Stuart McCall, are 15-8 to win the playoffs, while Hibs can be backed at 5-2 and Queen of the South are available at 20-1. Ross have won eight of their last nine matches and are 28-1 to win the post-season tournament.

If the league still demands 50% of the total then that surely means ticket prices for non st holders will need to go up quite a bit.£30 each at least i'd think.

Surely prices stay as they are and the league gets half of whatever we make? They were the idiots who sold 3 years of play off TV rights for 500k it shouldn't be the fans who pay for that decision.

If the league still demands 50% of the total then that surely means ticket prices for non st holders will need to go up quite a bit.£30 each at least i'd think.

No, not at all. In effect, the league would take a proportion of our season ticket income.

No, not at all. In effect, the league would take a proportion of our season ticket income.

As I read it Dave, if the club let season ticket holders into the game on their tickets then the amount of fans actually paying for a ticket or paying at the gate whatever the case may be on the day will be reduced, hence the amount of gate receipts for this game will be reduced so therefore the amount of money due to the SPFL will be reduced. Operating under the current rules, but making a point that they don't agree with them.