Play Off Final

Prestwickwell

It's nonsense of course. Just like after every loss it's claimed he's lost the dressing room or the players aren't playing for him. The players haven't played all fucking season yet, to some it's like it's only post baraclough. By no means am I saying I support Bara or anything like that- but this decline doesn't just happen overnight at a flick of the switch. This has been a few years in the making and league positions have papered over the cracks. It's US that the players aren't playing for.

IMO he's never had the dressing room to lose. Every interview he's given is full of generic crap that the fans want to hear but you can't get away with that with players. They will have seen right through his gimmicks like yoga and resistance bands and quickly realised the mans an imposter. It's absolutely demoralising for the players when the man in charge is doing things that, to a professional football player, are ridiculous. Strange team selections, strange formations, strange substitutions, no real tactics etc - that's what makes the heads go down and make it look like lacklustre performances. And that's only the parts that we see so heaven only knows what it's like day in day out at training. It all stems from McCall virtually chucking it before the season started and Baraclough inherited a mess but he's been here long enough and made enough signings to make his mark (at least in the short term which is what he should have been looking at) and as far as I can see he's done nothing positive. It's crazy to think that in the past there were demonstrations to get Tommy McLean out the club yet nowadays fans just sit back and watch someone like Baraclough take us down. Changed days indeed.
  • Like 1

Perhaps our players are not capable of

Being professional if they cant handle modern training methods or playing a basic 442. As for team selection, it would appear our best 11, agreed by many on here, give or take 1 or 2 play

most weeks. Same discussions are had at every club up and down the country.

we get it you dont like the manager but

Its the players lack of professional thats letting the manager and us fans down. Senior players should not been needing to be told how to defend properly.

Perhaps our players are not capable of

Being professional if they cant handle modern training methods or playing a basic 442. As for team selection, it would appear our best 11, agreed by many on here, give or take 1 or 2 play

most weeks. Same discussions are had at every club up and down the country.

we get it you dont like the manager but

Its the players lack of professional thats letting the manager and us fans down. Senior players should not been needing to be told how to defend properly.

You obviously don't get it. There's a bit more to football management than putting the best 11 on the park and picking a formation. Senior players do need to be told how to defend properly. The whole team has to be told how to defend properly as a unit. That's one of the things they're supposed to work on in training under the managers instruction. If you watch a well coached team you can spot things that they've worked on in training. If you watch us you wonder if the team do anything in training.

Dont you worry i do get it. The players are not good enough to follow instructions.

Whatevers happening, it disnae work!

Is it;

A - the players are crap

B - the players have downed tools

C - the manager is a clown

D - all of above

Time will out, these issues soon enough!

Unfortunately by then we'll be in the Championship.

Ya Beezer did you watch any of the first half of the season????

Has John Sutton only miraculously turned up in January. Sutton was our main striker for a large proportion of the season and was really really poor against Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock, Hamilton Accies, ICT, Ross County ..... I could go on.

Take your rose tinted statistic glasses off on Sutton. He is a good goal scorer, there is no denying, but he has offered very very little this season when the team has been playing poorly and there is a reason he has been dropped.

Look at Hearts when they where struggling at the wrong end of the table, Sutton was dropped by them also. In a team playing with confidence he will score goals but in a team struggling he most certainly will not pull them by the scruff off the neck and win us games from nowhere.

I am not saying Erwin has either, but he certainly offers more as an all round player when we really need it.... If you cannot see that then games a bogey....

Dont you worry i do get it. The players are not good enough to follow instructions.

When the players leave I'm confident they will stay in professional football if they choose to. Can't say the same about the manager though.

Heeds burst trying to work out who I'd rather face. I'd say Hibs would be the toughest opponent. Not much between Qots and Rangers, the latter's still a basketcase and liable to fuck things right up but are also the team who would benefit most from the momentum of the previous two rounds. The prospect of facing them is probably the most exciting.

The other thing is to consider what kind of championship we want next season if we do go down. Personally I'd look forward to a season with Hibs and Rangers still in the league. That is of course assuming we get our shit together and can put a title challenge in. On the flip side, that scenario makes it most likely that we're down there for a couple of years at least. Rangers coming up would give us the most chance of promotion next year as they'll be far stronger next year regardless of what league they are in.

Heed. Burst.

There are noises coming from the coal face that he has alienated a large amount of the pre Barraclough players with a determination to rid the club of all of them. Incredibly poor management IMO and no reason to disbelieve it. Some already have moves lined up, some don't.

Maybe if some of them had turned up pre Baraclough we wouldn't be in this position! Not that I'm a fan of his

• Like 1

May be poor management but it also reeks of poor professionalism by the players..... Something which can be stated about our full season tbh, from pre-season, Stjarnan and beyond.

They seem to have a inclination of downing tools and not bothering if going against them, rather than knuckling down to fight for a future career here or elsewhere....

Again.... This is all a carbon copy of Hibs last year, players are not givin a shit cos they know they have no future here next season . Hope its a different outcome tho . No manager could work with that at this stage

QOTS 1-0 up at Ibrox. Clinging onto hope that they put Rangers out. Hibs and QOTS both better than us but Rangers humping us over 2 legs to get into the Premiership and relegate us would literally be the worst thing I could ever imagine happening in Football.

This times x100. Having a family of in laws all Rangers fans, on both my wife and my sisters husband side and being the manager of a team including 5 Rangers fans I really couldn't imagine anything worse.....

Flip side I would love it(Keeganesque) if we could beat them.

QOTS 1-0 up at Ibrox. Clinging onto hope that they put Rangers out. Hibs and QOTS both better than us but Rangers humping us over 2 legs to get into the Premiership and relegate us would literally be the worst thing I could ever imagine happening in Football.

This is exactly my thoughts.

On the BBC site.

Motherwell defender Stephen McManus is in bullish mood as the Steelmen wait for the play-off final: "If you look at these last nine games and compare them to the first nine games, then you can see we've not been on a dramatic slide.

"The reason we are sitting second bottom is not because of what happened on Saturday - it's been results over the course of the whole season.

"But we just need to dust ourselves down and work as hard as we can to make sure we stay in this division.

"We've been in this league for a long time and we know it will be a big ask but we believe we are more than capable of winning these two games."

Talking the same deluded pish as the manager.

Somebody should perhaps point out we've only taken 4 points from the past 5 games....

IMO he's never had the dressing room to lose. Every interview he's given is full of generic crap that the fans want to hear but you can't get away with that with players. They will have seen right through his gimmicks like yoga and resistance bands and quickly realised the mans an imposter. It's absolutely demoralising for the players when the man in charge is doing things that, to a professional football player, are ridiculous. Strange team selections, strange formations, strange substitutions, no real tactics etc - that's what makes the heads go down and make it look like lacklustre performances. And that's only the parts that we see so heaven only knows what it's like day in day out at training. It all stems from McCall virtually chucking it before the season started and Baraclough inherited a mess but he's been here long enough and made enough signings to make his mark (at least in the short term which is what he should have been looking at) and as far as I can see he's done nothing positive. It's crazy to think that in the past there were demonstrations to get Tommy McLean out the club yet nowadays fans just sit back and watch someone like Baraclough take us down. Changed days indeed.

+ 1

On the BBC site.

Motherwell defender Stephen McManus is in bullish mood as the Steelmen wait for the play-off final: "If you look at these last nine games and compare them to the first nine games, then you can see we've not been on a dramatic slide.

"The reason we are sitting second bottom is not because of what happened on Saturday - it's been results over the course of the whole season.

"But we just need to dust ourselves down and work as hard as we can to make sure we stay in this division.

"We've been in this league for a long time and we know it will be a big ask but we believe we are more than capable of winning these two games."

Somebody should perhaps point out we've only taken 4 points from the past 5 games....

and the same guy was saying for weeks ,we need to win the next game .we need to win the next game , we need ,,, blah blah blah the guy is not one of the solutions hes one of the problems ,hes living on his past reputation and at no time this season has he done anything to change my mind

On the BBC site.

Aye and if the guy cane out and said we are fecked ,we have no chance and youse might as well no bother turning up for the play offs because were are crap. Would you applaude him for being honest or slate him for no givng a shit . Doesn't matter what some folk always moan .Get behind the team if your a proper supporter and have seen bad times before or just keep moaning til we are relegated .

As bad as we have been this season, if any of our players watched Rangers v Queens today and are bricking it from that side, they should be shown the door right now.

I thought QOS played quite well as did Rangers at times. From what I saw from both teams - it will be a tough ask. Have to hope that Rangers run out of steam if they get past Hibs.

By the time the play off comes around all fans will hopefully be behind the team and Manager. Many myself included are having a go to vent our frustration at what was a poor performance yesterday.

Losing to Rangers would be a nightmare but beating them would be up there with European games and cup finals.

The team need our support whether they deserve it or not.