2015/16 Pre-Season Thread

David

Johnson was carrying an injury for much of last season. Meanwhile Fletcher has clearly been signed with an element of risk given his knee history.

Was good to see Hammell get 50 mins. He looked fine but clearly he now needs to be nursed through a season.

Clarkson looked the least fit of the lot.

There hasn't been silence though. Bara was asked a few times about Marv and Hammell's omissions, and he said that they felt some reaction to their workouts and he wasn't going to risk any issues by playing them in a bounce game. It's all about being fit for the start of the season, not a friendly.

i thought we played ok in the first half with some nice one touch stuff.

nobody should worry about todays result, it was 2 totally different sides that finished the match, we made 7 subs for god sake so all the panic merchants should please calm down.

the new big centre half looks like a man mountain although i thought he was maybe trying too hard and thus making an arse of things.

I would also have to say the park was awful, grass was far too long and needed a heavy watering as the ball had all the pace taken off it as soon as it was on the ground.

Some valid points. but the defence or should i say same culprits made the same mistakes that they were making last year. We badly need an organiser at the back. No point on being on top like the first half today and then gifting them a stupid goal. We were not in it in the second half and that includes prior to the subs taking place.

• Like 1

Same mistakes at the back. Nothing creative in the middle of park. No service to the attackers. No ability to keep the ball under pressure. Pretty much sums it up. Much work to be done...

A reasonable summing up. Strengthening the defence and central midfield must be a priority. We're still shipping cheap goals which isn't surprising in that the players are largely the same. Dan didn't impress in goals and looked all at sea at the first. Pearson, McManus and Laing were the pick of the bunch in my view. We badly need to bolster midfield and that may well mean bringing in a more physical and mobile replacement for Keith Lasley. Bradford were the physically stronger side in the middle of the park and it showed.

Hard to judge today but none of the younger players impressed, although Luke Watt was brought on at left back oddly enough - maybe Chalmers picked up a knock??

Does anyone know if Chris Cadden is injured?

If not, he must be well out the picture given that Ferguson got 10 mins in midfield.

I don't know but several other players today were played out of position for spells eg Joe Chalmers at wide left midfield and Luke Watt at left back.

I don't know but several other players today were played out of position for spells eg Joe Chalmers at wide left midfield and Luke Watt at left back.

Maybe trying things out to see how people perform in different areas? Makes sense to do it now rather than during games.