Jake Taylor

I have watched every minute he has played for us, he has done nothing at all but what annoys me more is he is never subbed.

I'm not saying Jack Leitch is a world beater but he contributes more than Taylor.

He dosnt look suited to the role the manager wants him to play.

I don't like to single players out but every person sitting around me has the same opinion surely the management must see this

He is the 100% opposite of what we need in the middle of the park. He is small in stature, weak in the air, a poor to non- existent tackler and when he actually has the ball he is a coward - he off- loads the way he is facing as soon as he gets it. Total dogshit

Not sure about the dogshit analogy . In my experience dogshit is always all over the park- which Mr Taylor plainly isn't ...

Im usually pretty patient with players and managers but struggling to see what he offers. I did think he looked better when Grimshaw came on and I have thought for a while that we need to look at a midfield 3. Not sure how that fits into the way the manager wants us to play though.

I am reluctant to criticise a player before giving him time to settle, get used to new team mates, styles of play etc but in Taylor's case i will, he was feckin woeful for 90 mins, anonymous and contributed feck all although that description could apply to any of our so called midfield who started the game. He offers nothing no decent tackles, his passing and distribution is non existant and he always seems to be out of position, no fight no desire, no wonder he was papped out on loan by Reading. I hope that when Pearson is fit Taylor will be warming the subs bench or better still get him back to Reading as he is offering the team nothing.

I'm not sure who to criticize for Taylor's performances...

...the lad himself for looking lost, uninterested, out of his depth

...Baraclough for bringing him in to the detriment of a couple of our young lads, playing him rather than Grimshaw and possibly playing him out of position in a midfield 2

...Lasley for running around aimlessly, as Lasley does more often than not, leaving him in the middle all by himself

...the keeper and defence, constantly launching balls over the top of his head.

The boy must have some sort of talent to have played Championship level football, but by fuck we haven't seen it yet

• Like 1

I wonder what terms the loan players arrive on, hopefully not dictating that they start if fit.

The only one I can think that might be the case with is Ripley and even then it may well be a verbal assurance than a formal clause.

By all accounts (going by the fact he was loaned out to Orient last season) Taylor wasn't really part of Clarke's first team plans and in the case of Grimshaw I can see that as being the case that United have been told that he'll be involved.

Edit: When I was looking at Reading's page there to see what was happening with Taylor last season I noticed that he's specifically listed as a left midfielder. Having watched him a few times now I'm pretty much convinced that he's being played out of position as part of a central midfield pair. It'd certainly explain a lot.

Taylor played ok against Bolton when he was one of a midfield 3 sitting behind the striker (playing 4 2 3 1). So I think he is out of position.

He has offered no more than Leitch did, no less either in my opinion. But with that said we woild be better with Leitch ij there to develop him!

I thought he was fine against Bolton as well but it's obviously difficult to tell in a game played at friendly pace but he definitely looked more comfortable in a 3.

I completely agree re: Leitch. I understand why the manager would perhaps be swayed by the fact that Taylor has more experience and is a couple of years older than Leitch and on the face of it you could even go as far as to suggest that it's responsible management to avoid placing the pressure of filling Pearson's role in the team entirely on Leitch especially as you could hardly say Leitch and Pearson are comparable players.

However if what we're doing in actuality is electing to play a loanee out of position as some sort of temporary placeholder for Pearson at the expense of a player who, regardless of age, naturally plays in that area of the park then it's a concern.

Leitch having to watch Taylor stoat around offering nothing on Saturday was a horrendous decision.

Developing our own youth? Aye right...

Proper rubbing my eyes in disbelief moment seeing him sit in the stand. Unreal.

I dont think it was just that it was a 3. It was the fact it was a 3 behind the striker with 2 sitting midfielders. I dont think he could operate in a flat 3 across the middle, for example.

He was pretty much playing on the wing at times and raking about further forward. Seemed better suitim to that.

A centre midfielder he is not.

Let us not turn Leitch into the saviour either, by the way, as he isnt muchbetter. If Taylor was one of our own youths I dont think we would be even talking about this.

Let us not turn Leitch into the saviour either, by the way, as he isnt muchbetter. If Taylor was one of our own youths I dont think we would be even talking about this.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Jack Leitch is a saviour. But in a 442, he has offered a lot more than Taylor thus far and therefore can feel a bit hard done by in being dropped...