Next Gaffer?

Infamous Wee Grafter

Don't think "the greatest" is what we should be hoping for in a goalie. You're also basing your assessment on some of the above from a handful of games, whereas you have years of hindsight to benefit previous managers.

We've seen what Marvin is capable of, and fletcher has been injured, then you can add skippy and Pearson who were instrumental in keeping us up and will be key this year. He signed straker and Taylor, who were awful, and Thomas who was a mistake. Clarkson was clearly signed as backup.

Baraclough couldn't do the job, but let's not exaggerate.

100% agree with this.

I'm just not excited about any of the proposed new managers, I think the last time I had a smidgin of excitement about a manager was when Harry Kampman arrived and he was quite possibly the worst (apart from maybe Bobby Watson) manager I've witnessed in my 40+ years of supporting Motherwell.

I think it'll almost certainly be Craigan, not that I want him - I thought he was a very poor player, an imposter as a captain and a complete peddler of bullshit on the telly. His pandering over the h**s, Coisty and laterly with "Stuarty" last season made me want to vomit, culminating in his pathetic pre- match discussion before the first play off game when he told us all how "terrifying a full Ibrox is" and how Motherwell need to "worry about Rangers midfield as they could run over the top of Motherwell" made me realise why we failed to win any games at Ibrox during his entire tenure as captain. He then quickly retracted his comments at half time when he realised we were pumpin them!!

If it's him then fine, i'll need to deal with it.....but I think he's way too close to the players, the fact they all want him should raise some serious alarm bells.

Anyway that's my anti-Craigan rant over.............whoever gets it, will get my full support........for a wee while!!

• Like 1

Assuming Craigan is in charge on Saturday and it goes well, which doesn't necessarily mean a win, then I would be happy for him to get the job. However from his point of view he shouldn't go near it with the other options he has. Unless Motherwell is his dream job and he doesn't think he will get another chance.

I'm just not excited about any of the proposed new managers, I think the last time I had a smidgin of excitement about a manager was when Harry Kampman arrived and he was quite possibly the worst (apart from maybe Bobby Watson) manager I've witnessed in my 40+ years of supporting Motherwell.

I think it'll almost certainly be Craigan, not that I want him - I thought he was a very poor player, an imposter as a captain and a complete peddler of bullshit on the telly. His pandering over the h**s, Coisty and laterly with "Stuarty" last season made me want to vomit, culminating in his pathetic pre- match discussion before the first play off game when he told us all how "terrifying a full Ibrox is" and how Motherwell need to "worry about Rangers midfield as they could run over the top of Motherwell" made me realise why we failed to win any games at Ibrox during his entire tenure as captain. He then quickly retracted his comments at half time when he realised we were pumpin them!!

If it's him then fine, i'll need to deal with it.....but I think he's way too close to the players, the fact they all want him should raise some serious alarm bells.

Anyway that's my anti-Craigan rant over.............whoever gets it, will get my full support........for a wee while!!

Roger Hind....even worse than Bobby Watson and Harri Kampman!!!!

I can remember the final games under Hynd. "Hynd must go" from the terraces, I have never experienced such hate- filled anti manager chanting, before or since. By comparison Baras demise was like a fond farewell . That was in 1979, can still picture standing in the East Stand long after the whistle on his final game.

I can remember the final games under Hynd. "Hynd must go" from the terraces, I have never experienced such hate- filled anti manager chanting, before or since. By comparison Baras demise was like a fond farewell . That was in 1979, can still picture standing in the East Stand long after the whistle on his final game.

Was going to reply to the original comment (Bobby Watson being the worst), by god, Hynd was brutal how could anyone forget that.

Not really sure about the comparisons between Baraclough and Gannon, both unknown, both English and that's about it. I tend to fall into the Baraclough completely underestimating the league and his strengths and I do think his signings will probably reflect this through time.

As for the new manager, as I said a while back, the board have to involve some experience during the interview process to ensure they don't get dazzled in the headlights of bullshit so they can pick the best man for the job regardless of English lower league knowledge or contacts.

Roger Hind....even worse than Bobby Watson and Harri Kampman!!!!

Personally I had a fair amount of sympathy for Bobby Watson and don't recall too much antipathy towards himfrom the Fir Park faithful, though I may just have missed that as I was not a season ticket holder at the time. It probably helped that he was a well liked former player. Also, he inherited a serious cluster fuck of a squad from Jock Wallace who was happy to jump ship for his dream return to the h**s.

I certainly chanted "Hind must go!" After a loss to St Mirren, I think, which must have been one of his final games in charge. Nothing personal against the guy, who had the most brilliant "new manager bounce" I have ever experienced with Motherwell which was only halted by a dastardly pitch invasion by the same said h**s. As if there weren't enough reasons to despise and hate that vile bunch of tossers? Kampman was just a complete car crash but didn't last too long, Butcher after administration was acceptable as we were just happy still to be there and the youngsters gave us hope and the last season or so has been pretty push, but the worst has probably been the Malpas season. A slow torture of ever increasing ineptitude and depression.

Burrows is General Manager, running day to day things at Fir Park. He isn't involved in the football playing side, nor is he on the board.

Is he director of football?

No, I was simply answering a question about a hypothetical situation I suggested where we have an experienced manager over the short-term, with a younger assistant learning the ropes with a view to taking over.

I also mentioned that if the future Les suggests has any real way of happening that a Director Of Football may be the way to go, and I said that I didn't believe Burrows was the man for such a position due to his inexperience.

One from 'left-field' and one that may tie in with the 'Dutch player' rumours...I've been told that Wim Koevermans has applied for the job, and is likely to be on the shortlist, apparently friendly with MVDG who pointed him in our direction. Experience managing in the Dutch league, and at international level with India supposedly.

McCall thankfully ruling himself out of contention on SSN. States how find he is off the club, however Motherwell fans only remember last 6 games and not the 160 before it....!

Cheeky, ginger, h*n bastard...

...I'll never forget how he imposed Josh Law, Dan Twardzik and Omar Daley on us, as well as some of the good stuff he done. If he thinks it was only the last 6 matches that were shite, then he is kidding himself.

• Like 1

Cheeky, ginger, h*n bastard...

...I'll never forget how he imposed Josh Law, Dan Twardzik and Omar Daley on us, as well as some of the good stuff he done. If he thinks it was only the last 6 matches that were shite, then he is kidding himself.

The other night on Sportscene he was still giving it "Motherwell had a good 20 mins over the two play-off games and that's what decided it."

Bless.

One from 'left-field' and one that may tie in with the 'Dutch player' rumours...I've been told that Wim Koevermans has applied for the job, and is likely to be on the shortlist, apparently friendly with MVDG who pointed him in our direction. Experience managing in the Dutch league, and at international level with India supposedly.

Seems to have a reasonable pedigree - some kind of performance director with the FAI as well as spells with Groningen and the Indian national side.