Next Gaffer?

Infamous Wee Grafter

I do wonder if Baraclough is going to turn out to be similar to Gannon.

The players he's brought in, with a couple of exceptions, all look like pretty decent acquisitions, but he didn't seem to be able to get the best out of them as a team, similar to Gannon, but less of a dick.

I atill dont think its too harsh calling him a fraud. He was employed on the strength of the shite he plied our custodians with and in the end was found to be completely out his depth. The "Club Strategy" is to develop young players and identify potential transfer coups from down south.

Bara was employed for his knowledge of the english lower leagues through managing and scouting. He was employed to turn around our fortunes and he was employed to make us an attractive proposotion for players.

Our style of football was atrocious under him,some of the worst Ive ever seen us deliver. His eye for a player amounted to 16-18 new faces in a 6 month period,most of which look utterly shite. He had money other Well managers could only dream of and a completely blank canvas and the squad were left with now is his legacy.

He failed on every level,only good fortune kept us up. It doesnt make him a bad person,he told the interviewers what they wanted to hear and from day 1 looked like he had no idea how to achieve it. It was just the "perfect storm", a bullshitter in an interview,a gullible and clueless interview panel and some players who seem to down tools all too easily

Fair point.

Though it'd probably be fair to say it's how he's been utilised that counts against him rather than whether or not McDonald's been a valid signing.

No. His first touch and passing have been dreadful. Think of the ball that was on to Ainsworth on Saturday that McDonald brutally overhit out of play. There have been too many like that this season...

Connor Ripley - not the greatest goalkeeper
Louis Laing - can't get in the starting XI
Wes Fletcher - injured, not really played
Marvin Johnson - very inconsistent, poor this seaon
Joe Chalmers - struggled badly at times especially in the Morton match, left midfield, left back, seems neither one thing nor the other.
Kieran Kennedy - like the look of him, certainly doesn't shirk a challenge, albeit with poor distribution
Louis Moult - can't argue with this goals
Jake Taylor - awful
Theo Robinson - a few promising sub appearances but was terrible when starting
Liam Grimshaw - yet to show why he is Man Utd U21 captain.

I make that two 'successes' out of ten. Although I accept its still early days and some of those players might come on to a game but I don't think you can really afford to sign 10 players and then have only 2 of them really kick a ball on the cusp of October.

Based on his managerial track record, Steve Evans has the potential of being a very positive appointment.

Yeah, in his early managerial days he got in a spot of bother with the taxman, but the whole club (Boston Utd) was at it at the time. His managerial track record is likely to be better than pretty much every other candidate and reputationaly, would take no shite from any Charlie big spud has been or wanna be in the dressing room.

He's achieved promotion at every club he's managed and has his teams playing at a good tempo with a battling spirit. I expect he will not be short of offers as we enter manager sacking season and would be somewhat of a coup if he chose to come to us.

Connor Ripley - not the greatest goalkeeper

Louis Laing - can't get in the starting XI

Wes Fletcher - injured, not really played

Marvin Johnson - very inconsistent, poor this seaon

Joe Chalmers - struggled badly at times especially in the Morton match, left midfield, left back, seems neither one thing nor the other.

Kieran Kennedy - like the look of him, certainly doesn't shirk a challenge, albeit with poor distribution

Louis Moult - can't argue with this goals

Jake Taylor - awful

Theo Robinson - a few promising sub appearances but was terrible when starting

Liam Grimshaw - yet to show why he is Man Utd U21 captain.

I make that two 'successes' out of ten. Although I accept its still early days and some of those players might come on to a game but I don't think you can really afford to sign 10 players and then have only 2 of them really kick a ball on the cusp of October.

That's pretty much my thoughts.

Don't think "the greatest" is what we should be hoping for in a goalie. You're also basing your assessment on some of the above from a handful of games, whereas you have years of hindsight to benefit previous managers.

We've seen what Marvin is capable of, and fletcher has been injured, then you can add skippy and Pearson who were instrumental in keeping us up and will be key this year. He signed straker and Taylor, who were awful, and Thomas who was a mistake. Clarkson was clearly signed as backup.

Baraclough couldn't do the job, but let's not exaggerate.

Don't think "the greatest" is what we should be hoping for in a goalie. You're also basing your assessment on some of the above from a handful of games, whereas you have years of hindsight to benefit previous managers.

We've seen what Marvin is capable of, and fletcher has been injured, then you can add skippy and Pearson who were instrumental in keeping us up and will be key this year. He signed straker and Taylor, who were awful, and Thomas who was a mistake. Clarkson was clearly signed as backup.

Baraclough couldn't do the job, but let's not exaggerate.

Fair enough ,I agree with what you say about Marvin but a great game in ten is a luxury we can't afford .Twenty four and playing non league football says something. Hope I'm wrong I'd big hopes for Marvellous Marvin.