Next Gaffer?

Infamous Wee Grafter

Think Mark Burchill the Livingston manager would be a good guy for the job young, brings through the youth, shows determination and always wary of what will happen but confident, he kept them up last year and doing okay this season but there is no financial backing a there so thought I would throw his name I'm there

They are joint bottom of chanpionship

Think Mark Burchill the Livingston manager would be a good guy for the job young, brings through the youth, shows determination and always wary of what will happen but confident, he kept them up last year and doing okay this season but there is no financial backing a there so thought I would throw his name I'm there

Think i'd throw his name back out 1 point after 7 games only victory at the weekend over the bottom team, I can see him really appealing to the guys on here

Guys, I never said I wanted him to be the new manager .Was replying to Waldos post.

I was just trying to point out he wasn't always the fantastic manager all the time that some make him out to be.

I agree he handled some things perfectly.

• Like 1

If Aberdeen are able to capitalise on Celtic's Europa League distractions and maintain or extend their lead then Delia will be getting his P45 before May.

He's failed miserably by getting into the CL in his first season only be a technicality, won the league yes, won the lesser of the two domestic cups and this season failed in the CL for the far less lucrative Europa.

Does anyone seriously think that McGhee with 6 months under his belt here (which I have no doubt he'd command respect, improve the matchday fitness even during mid season and tighten up the defence and improve his credibility again) wouldn't be sniffing in the east end when Ronnie gets his jotters?

Maybe some are happy to have that as an adequate stop gap but I have no desire to see him peddle himself like a 2 bob hooker while in a C&A training top or tie .... again.

• Like 2

Can we realistically see McGhee wanting the job? He left in such circumstances last time, with continued acriinomy during his tenure at Aberdeen, that he would surely not consider a return? Also, he would scarcely be in a better place to land his dream job from Fir Park. If and when they punt the current incumnant, Celtic will look further up the food chain than Motherwell for a replacement.

Loving all the speculation though. Personally I'd love to see Thierry Henry or Paolo Di Canio given the job. Don't know if they would be any good, but it would be fascinating. No chance though, just complete madness. The come down when we eventually appoint Pressley or Shiels or someone of that ilk will be a pain though.

McGhee, McCoisf and McCall. 3 appointments that would piss me right off.

Not going to happen thankfully.

I agree 100% with this. Of all the names mentioned (although I haven't seen McCoist's name mentioned seriously), those are the three that horrify me. As much as some dislike the idea of Shiels or Pressley, I'd have them ahead of any of that three.

Thankfully, I reckon the board share that view...

Presley seemingly ruled himself out of utd job after being contacted

That would suggest that he wouldn't be interested in the job at Fir Park either as they're similar jobs, unless the unrest behind the scenes at Tannadice is putting him off.

I've been told Pressley and Shiels are candidates that are appealing to the board but part of me suspects that we may see another appointment out of left field...

That would suggest that he wouldn't be interested in the job at Fir Park either as they're similar jobs, unless the unrest behind the scenes at Tannadice is putting him off.

I've been told Pressley and Shiels are candidates that are appealing to the board but part of me suspects that we may see another appointment out of left field...

Bearing in mind, he was interviewed as a favour to his agent last time round... Not even in their reckoning, he knows it, hence, the open interview on BBC Sportsound last week.

Bit extreme to say he was a fraud.

He came into a very difficult environment, a team mired in lack of confidence and apathy no doubt partly because the previous manager had given up.

His pedigree was not too shabby all be it in a lesser league, but success with what tools he had available was noticed. He was personable and positive until the last few weeks.

I'm a firm believer that if Pearson got through the ICT game then we'd both be higher up the table and the knives wouldn't have been out. The replacement he found added extra weight to his shoulders but again, on paper, Taylor had qualities that should have made him an asset.

He's guilty of saying on day one stuff fans like to hear "youth", "pressing, attacking football" etc. but when results are hard to come by it's inevitable that safer, more experienced options are pursued so managing expectations is one to learn for his next role.

I think he lost the support of a few influential players and one thing they will know is it's a lot easier and cheaper for a club to replace one man than 11. A number of our players should have a degree of guilt for how things have transpired but I also accept that they feel they were maybe not exploited to their full potential when crowbarred into positions. Regardless they are professionals and should be able to adapt with grace and vigour opposed to petulance and indifference.

One thing Craigan has in his arsenal is he was instrumental in revolting against Gannon (rightly so) and should be able to recognise and stamp it out if it surfaces again under his potential tenure. It does nothing for us as a club to be thought of as a cuddly family club on one hand and have a militant playing staff on the other.

• Like 4

Bit extreme to say he was a fraud.

He came into a very difficult environment, a team mired in lack of confidence and apathy no doubt partly because the previous manager had given up.

His pedigree was not too shabby all be it in a lesser league, but success with what tools he had available was noticed. He was personable and positive until the last few weeks.

I'm a firm believer that if Pearson got through the ICT game then we'd both be higher up the table and the knives wouldn't have been out. The replacement he found added extra weight to his shoulders but again, on paper, Taylor had qualities that should have made him an asset.

He's guilty of saying on day one stuff fans like to hear "youth", "pressing, attacking football" etc. but when results are hard to come by it's inevitable that safer, more experienced options are pursued so managing expectations is one to learn for his next role.

I think he lost the support of a few influential players and one thing they will know is it's a lot easier and cheaper for a club to replace one man than 11. A number of our players should have a degree of guilt for how things have transpired but I also accept that they feel they were maybe not exploited to their full potential when crowbarred into positions. Regardless they are professionals and should be able to adapt with grace and vigour opposed to petulance and indifference.

One thing Craigan has in his arsenal is he was instrumental in revolting against Gannon (rightly so) and should be able to recognise and stamp it out if it surfaces again under his potential tenure. It does nothing for us as a club to be thought of as a cuddly family club on one hand and have a militant playing staff on the other.

I don't think Baraclough was an active fraud as such, in that I don't think he actively set out to deceive anyone. His biggest flaw was massively underestimating the standard of the SPFL and tailoring his signing policy accordingly. That, and a frankly baffling tendency to shoehorn players into positions they'd never seen before, in the hope that it worked. I'm surprised we didn't see Tony Straker up front at all.

I still think his biggest flaw was not so much underestimating the standard of the SPFL as underestimating how poor the team he took over actually was.. I think most managers would have thought that the team that finished 2nd in the league the prior season couldn't turn so bad so quickly.