Next Gaffer?

Infamous Wee Grafter

Does everyone on here know the exact circumstances on why McGhee left 1st time around ?.

Maybe just maybe it was not all his own doing.

The club will likely opt for someone who knows the Scottish top flight. McGhee fits the bill on that front.

His chance to resurrect his career.

The more I think about it the more I would be happier with Mutley over most other candidates.

The players would be fit for sure.

Time will tell but McGhee coming back may not be a bad thing at all.

Yup, think an experienced dude along McGee or Calderwood lines to mentor Craggs for a coupla years and steady the ship is looking increasingly more,like a no brainier versus a left field candidate. Although Valkari would,still be tempting based on his club previous and recent track record...

Finished 7th, had 1 defeat in 13 run after Christmas and we won 3-0 at NDP.

I think the phrase "absolutely brutal" has been re-defined since season 2008-09!

Fair do's. I recall the 3-0 at NDP and 4-0 atTannadice but I didn't enjoy the football for much of that season. The SC defeat in Paisley a particular low point.

My mate who's an Aberdeen fan thinks Calderwood was the best manager they've had since Ferguson!! My mate is also a complete fucking imbecile!!

Just saying like...

As for McGhee, just cant see it happening........still think it's Craigan...unfortunately!! or Craggs as some people call him........is it acceptable anywhere outside football to call a 40yr old man a nickname??

Personally I also have nothing against him, I just feel that I'd prefer a more dynamic option for my club than a journeyman. If he offered as much as some on here say then why has he resorted to dropping down the Dutch leagues and not picked up ICT/Hibs/St Johnstone gigs over the past few years.

I don't doubt he would secure us 10th place and survival for another season but can I see him inspiring us on to greater things? I don't look at it as an advance, it's purely a stagnation/plateau.

I'd rather give Craigan the reins for a tad longer to get the right guy in.

My mate who's an Aberdeen fan thinks Calderwood was the best manager they've had since Ferguson!! My mate is also a complete fucking imbecile!!

Just saying like...

He could be right. Couple of decent league finishes and european qualification. Most will remember him for taking them beyond the group stages which was an amazing achievement.

I'm not sure where some folk think our club is going that someone of calderwood's ilk can't take us to. I get that it is boring when we sign players and managers that we all know, but weve seen nothing from obscure/left field appointments to tell us this is the way we must go.

Just saying like...

As for McGhee, just cant see it happening........still think it's Craigan...unfortunately!! or Craggs as some people call him........is it acceptable anywhere outside football to call a 40yr old man a nickname??

Craggs is one of those nicknames that people only use written down on here, nobody has ever actually called him it in real life. A bit like when the tabloids call Madonna 'Madge'.