Next Gaffer?

Infamous Wee Grafter

Mark McGhee? Would that be the Mark McGhee that was Willie Miller's former colleague of his for some years as player and latterly as a director one of his appointments as Aberdeen manager?

I think the only thing going on there is that Miller has used the opportunity to give his pal a bit of profile.

• Like 2

Hello Steelmen friends. Sorry for my poor English. I come to site to find out if god of S.S. Lazio is new head coach? I try to find information online but no success.

I hear news is that Paolo Di Canio is head coach - it true? What are your feelings?

He is a god here. Look forward to response. Thank you.

LA CURVA NORD, QUELLA CHE NON TRADISCE MAI!!!!

Just noticed this article and starting to wonder if the Italian knows something we dont....

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/30/paolo-di-canio-reject-rotherham-united

It was published in the Sun, maybe not the a haven of truth but a bit more reputable than some Internet random.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/5005506/Dressing-rooms-turned-into-the-loneliest-places-in-the-world-for-me.html

You should work for the Sun the way you've twisted what the article actually says

Calderwood bullied and ostracised O 'Leary when he found out O 'Leary had depression? No he didn't. Read the article.

He froze him out because he thought O' Leary had a bad attitude. Calderwood knew nothing about the depression

Y

He froze him out because he thought O' Leary had a bad attitude. Calderwood knew nothing about the depression

Holding a team meeting and telling his teammates to stay away from him was definitely the best way of dealing with the problem.
  • Like 2

O'Leary told his story about depression and outed Calderwood in the process.

Without wishing to take sides - do we know Jimmy Calderwood's view of the situation? I'm always sceptical of taking sides now without hearing from both parties first - been caught out too many times in the past by just accepting one party's views of events.

Players or their agents are often quick to air their opinions in public but its less common to hear the views of clubs and managers. More than a few former players at Fir Park have hoodwinked the fans.

Holding a team meeting and telling his teammates to stay away from him was definitely the best way of dealing with the problem.

1 - We've only heard O 'Learys side of the story

2 - Manager tells players to stay away from player with bad attitude. Probably because he didn't want O' Leary to inflict his bad attitude (in Calderwoods view) on other players. How awful

Mark McGhee? Would that be the Mark McGhee that was Willie Miller's former colleague of his for some years as player and latterly as a director one of his appointments as Aberdeen manager?

I think the only thing going on there is that Miller has used the opportunity to give his pal a bit of profile.

Sydney Dev....sorry Tam Cowan also backing McGee on Sportsound yesterday with Craggs as assistant. Given Scott Leitch is also still in the picture at FP, still making a lot of sense.

The time is for someone to come in and kick some arses not someone who is already at the club, too many are pals with craigan and would be guaranteed a start every week. If the board dont get the correct appointment this time round then we are in bother, we need an appointment to get the fans back on board and justify paying money to watch a team wanting to win.

Curious to see what everyones top 3 shortlist would be?

Without wishing to take sides - do we know Jimmy Calderwood's view of the situation? I'm always sceptical of taking sides now without hearing from both parties first - been caught out too many times in the past by just accepting one party's views of events.

Players or their agents are often quick to air their opinions in public but its less common to hear the views of clubs and managers. More than a few former players at Fir Park have hoodwinked the fans.

I don't think Calderwood ever acknowledge the story publicly. The nature of O'Leary's story was enough for me to believe him.

I don't think I've heard much from Jimmy since he revealed David Murray appointed him as Dunfermline manager.

Identifying depression, stress and other mental illnesses are often difficult to identify in yourself and in others. Medical advancement have worked wonders for identifying all sorts of illnesses and diseases but the identification of and treatment for mental illness is still by comparison in the dark ages.

Sufferers try really hard to disguise the symptoms of mental illness from others and often manage to hide it from themselves for an extraordinary length of time. O'Leary says himself in that article that upon reflection, he had been suffering from mental health issues since the age of 13 yet hadn't recognised that he was until having sought professional help.....which was after his perceived ill treatment by calderwood.

By no means am I defending calderwood as I don't know the full picture, but from experience of working closely with and on behalf of people who are suffering from depression and in particular workplace stress, the accounts of events described by the mental health sufferer are often considerably different to that of others present.

So in a nutshell, perhaps what O'Leary describes happened that way, perhaps it didn't, but not at any time did he declare that calderwood purposely targeted him because he had depression. The general consensus on Motherwell forums is that the team are not performing to their capabilities and that in order to reverse the apparent apathetic trend, a strong character is required to come into that dressing room, have the battle with the egos and affirm their status as alpha male.

Isn't that what calderwood was doing at killie?

At the time, they had a comparable squad to ours and he turned them around. He sought to install a siege mentality and O'Leary would've been a key player as he was one of their more talented. So to have someone of that ilk refuse to step up to the plate and give no reason as to why.....You focus on those who are and leave him behind.

So yeh, maybe we don't need someone to come in, have the war and sound the rallying cry cos let's face it, the Motherwell first team squad appear to be showing the classic signs of depression.

Edited by Gadgey

1 - We've only heard O 'Learys side of the story

2 - Manager tells players to stay away from player with bad attitude. Probably because he didn't want O' Leary to inflict his bad attitude (in Calderwoods view) on other players. How awful

Inflict his bad attitude?

Is that like catching someone's cold?

The time is for someone to come in and kick some arses not someone who is already at the club, too many are pals with craigan and would be guaranteed a start every week. If the board dont get the correct appointment this time round then we are in bother, we need an appointment to get the fans back on board and justify paying money to watch a team wanting to win.

Curious to see what everyones top 3 shortlist would be?

Assuming not paying a fee to get someone from another club, thus is who I consider credible (although they may not consider us)

1. McGhee

2. Lambert

3. Billy Davies (sorry)

I'm past caring who we get in. He's got such a job on his hands its a lost cause.

Fully expect us to be bottom of the league by the time November rolls round, and to stay there!

Lies. Otherwise we wouldn't get half as many "woe is me" posts from you every other day.

And let's not forget you had us certainties for the drop last season and nothing anyone would say would convince you otherwise and yet here we are.

It's not a great situation certainly but way way too early for your doom laden chat. Heid up Milo come oan!!!!

• Like 5

Jeeso i get pelters for being negative on here but i do believe we'll finish at least 9th. Paul Lambert would be a fab appointment for me. But whoever it is 1 not a manager we've already had 2 it has to be an experienced manager 3 a manager with charisma to get the fans and players enjoying football again cos the last 16 months or so has been awfull.

I had pretty much written of Craigan for yesterdays performance, but hearing his summary I'm inclined to think we need to be checking if our managers are getting spiked with hallucinogenics around game time.

A dig at our toothless strikers on Sportscene.

Sign of a man looking to show his cojones ?