Motherwell V Inverness Caley Thistle Sat 7 Nov 15:00

Yabba's Turd

correct, law 12 states that a pen is awarded if the player handles the ball deliberately,but with a fud like Thompson in charge it was always going to be given

Yes, but there is no reference to what constitutes deliberate. I would say a large percentage of penalties/free kicks given for hand ball are not deliberate. Insofar as I'd go on to say 90%

As for unnatural position, nothing in the laws of the game but guidance is given on said subject

Probably the only bit of class shown during the full game, lovely strike!! Most of us all know Vigurs is more than capable of that, but for every moment like that with him, there was around 30 moments of general disappointment and frustration.

I dont blame you for clapping!! I may have clapped too if i wasn't too busy putting my head in my hands screaming FFS!!

Yes, but there is no reference to what constitutes deliberate. I would say a large percentage of penalties/free kicks given for hand ball are not deliberate. Insofar as I'd go on to say 90%

As for unnatural position, nothing in the laws of the game but guidance is given on said subject

Agree on the percentage of pens awarded but the problem with the rule is that the onus is placed on the ref to determine if the handball was deliberate or not and as we all know most of the time they only see a handball and give the pen especially with the standard of ref we have in Scotland.

How much work goes into educating/coaching the refs? Are they full time pro's or this is extra pocket money? You would think that the SPFL and the ref governing body would be working with the ref's week in week out to review their perfromances and learn form heir mistakes. From what I have seen on TV and on here it seems like the ref's are a bunch of part timers with no one mentoring them or helping them improve. It's also time to remove the cloak of secrecy/silence and establish a platform for communication so that the clubs and paying fans can get at least some idea why certain decisions have been made. The referees should be held accountable for their performances which does not seem to be the case at the moment. Everyone makes mistakes and no problem with a ref saying I got that one wrong, of course if they are saying that too often, then that would be a problem. Somehow i think thats what the refs are afraid of, all too often it would be ooops " got that one wrong".

Surely, if the penalty called was reviewed with a mentor the questions would be, was it deliberate hand ball? Was his hand in an unatural poition? From the highlights i believe the answer to both is no. Having said that my gripe is not so much at this one incident as it is with the poor poor standard of refereeing. hrrruumph!!!!

The rules makers are really screwing football up. Hard to tell when a penalty is a penalty these days, and ditto for offside - passive players and blah blah bloody blah. In that respect it makes already half-witted refs look like complete fudrockets so they have my sympathies for that, I suppose. Grudgingly.

• Like 1