Motherwell V St Johnstone Wed 30 Dec 19:45

Yabba's Turd

Something worth pointing out from time to time. Josh Law is turning into a pretty solid right back. He'll never feature in MOTM polls but puts a shift in every week and seldom lets the side down.

Was watching the game tonight thinking "When did Josh Law last have a bad game for Motherwell?". And struggled to find an answer...

Josh law has been a solid right back for a long time and one of our most consistent giving 100%.

He gets too much stick that's not deserved

• Like 2

Bbc report aka chick young being the reporter..........reckons that's the first time since 2004 we have beaten SJFC at Fir park.....!!!!!!!

Surely not ??????

As I thought talking pish !!!!!!

Dont know about that, but chick young was really singing our praises tonight. For him, it was quite a deviation, but good to hear

Bbc report aka chick young being the reporter..........reckons that's the first time since 2004 we have beaten SJFC at Fir park.....!!!!!!!

Surely not ??????

As I thought talking pish !!!!!!

Only the 8 times we've beaten them at fir Park since 2004. Aside from that, totally accurate.

McManus has been more solid than he's ever been for us since Kennedy got binned.

Whatever is going on it's worked out well.

A point that was made where we were last night. McManus' best games this season have been with Ben Hall alongside him.

Special shout out to the throw in that the St Johnstone number 9 took despite the ball being about a yard away from being on the line

What exactly happened? We were at the opposite side of the pitch and heard the East Stand react angrily at a throw in.

Overall a good though not great performance against a robust and streetwise Saints side. Ripley, Hall, Pearson and MacDonald were the pick of the bunch and it was good to see the youngster score his first senior goal. Certainly the withdrawal of Davidson and O'Halloran was clearly influential. I was a bit surprised to see Johnson play on the right - seemed a bit uncomfortable there although he had a decent game. Not the best of second halves but Saints, although powerful, were pretty toothless up front. A surprisingly ill tempered and niggly match.

Referee had a poor match generally although fortunately made no major blunders. Pitch was in excellent condition.

What exactly happened? We were at the opposite side of the pitch and heard the East Stand react angrily at a throw in.

It wasn't a throw in. The ball was still a good yard inside the pitch when MacLean picked it up and took a throw in. The fact both the referee and assistant didn't see it, when both were no more than 20 yards away at most, was probably what infuriated most.

• Like 1

Cannae argue with that last night!

An excellent, and for me, quite unexpected 3 points.

No real failures in the team and quite a few stand outs including Ripley, McDonald, and Hall. Everyone else also deserves praise.

There's no denying that O'Halloran and Davidson going of injured for them helped ou cause massively but you still have to beat what's in front of you.

What a turn around! It feels for the first time in ages we can actually look forward to rhe games instead of dreading it!

It wasn't a throw in. The ball was still a good yard inside the pitch when MacLean picked it up and took a throw in. The fact both the referee and assistant didn't see it, when both were no more than 20 yards away at most, was probably what infuriated most.

For what it’s worth, it should have been deliberate hand ball and a straight red. Too harsh? :ph34r::whistling: I personally thought the ref had a really poor game, and on another day that level of performance could cost you the 3 points.

McManus has been more solid than he's ever been for us since Kennedy got binned.

Whatever is going on it's worked out well.

McManus has been great recently

For what it’s worth, it should have been deliberate hand ball and a straight red. Too harsh? :ph34r::whistling: I personally thought the ref had a really poor game, and on another day that level of performance could cost you the 3 points.

Deliberate hand ball isn't a red card offence on it's own.

They were far from being the better side, but for me i didnt think there was as much between the teams as Chick suggested.

We probably shaded it, but we also got some good breaks, keeper made some quality saves and st j shots at goal that got deflections and went wide, could on another day dip into the corner.

Im delighted at the win but i think mcghee is correct, we were not up to the standard of the last few games

Accurate perspective or covering his ass 'cause there would have been few Saints fans at the game? http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/st-johnstone

A bit biased Colin. Not much between the 2 sides but we had more of a cutting edge. By no stretch of the imagination a smash and grab. We had quite a few dangerous efforts just off target.