Motherwell V Kilmarnock Sat 13 Feb 15:00

Yabba's Turd

aye he left us at the end of his contract for Derby, on several times the money he was on with us. What a cunt!

No problem with him leaving us for more cash but allegedly he or his agent tried to hoodwink the fans by saying that he wanted to stay but the club wouldn't talk to him when in actual fact he wouldn't speak to the club about a new offer.

aye he left us at the end of his contract for Derby, on several times the money he was on with us. What a cunt!

He is the man we shouldve got but now were lumbered wi EGO McGhee,the incredible teflon man

He hasn't even got the job and the implosion has started.
  • Like 1

Just watched Big Mick previewing the Killie game.

A prickly one, he was far from impressed at the suggestion that the late goals were fitness related.

Doing his best to share the blame around, in contrast to McGhee.

All a bit terse, we'll be losing our cuddly family club tag if we're not careful.

Bring on Saturday, time to stand up and be counted

Just watched Big Mick previewing the Killie game.

A prickly one, he was far from impressed at the suggestion that the late goals were fitness related.

Doing his best to share the blame around, in contrast to McGhee.

All a bit terse, we'll be losing our cuddly family club tag if we're not careful.

Bring on Saturday, time to stand up and be counted

Aye, I just finished watching it as well. He fairly tore into the boy. Wasn't having it at all.

Was actually pleased to hear him address the Thistle goal as he did and to be honest it's how it should have been treated from the start. A cynic could easily point out that it'd have been rich for him to suggest otherwise given his header went straight to the Thistle player's boot but either way he pretty much called it as I saw it at the time. A passage of play where a number of players could have done better.

I've been firmly in the McGhee corner since he arrived but his failure to acknowledge any managerial errors is beginning to annoy me.

The press conference today and him bringing up .....once again, of an" individuals lapse of concentration" at the Thistle game is an incredibly arrogant, pass the buck form of management.

He's took the easy opt out as wee Ainsworth came straight out and acknowledged his fault, but there were a catalogue of errors in the run up to that goal, poor clearance, no shutting down, Lionel sleeping and josh law not being strong enough to block a tame shot, deflecting it into the net.

When things started going tits up for McLeish he started to do the same, highlighting individual error to cover for his managerial shortcomings(when we won he was quick enough to take full credit)..............I really hope this stops from McGhee as its unacceptable.

Any further ridiculous team set ups and last minute goals and the knives are out Marky Bhoy.

• Like 1

Knives are currently being sharpened for McGhee as it is. He was a devisive appointment as it was with many fans who were unhappy at his return being prepared to stomach it provided he got us winning and kept is up.

As it turns out, in 2016 so far, his critics haven't had far to look for evidence to vindicate their original opinion and for me and many others he needs a minimum of 4 points from the Killie and Utd games for the knives to be put away.

Knives are currently being sharpened for McGhee as it is. He was a devisive appointment as it was with many fans who were unhappy at his return being prepared to stomach it provided he got us winning and kept is up.

As it turns out, in 2016 so far, his critics haven't had far to look for evidence to vindicate their original opinion and for me and many others he needs a minimum of 4 points from the Killie and Utd games for the knives to be put away.

That's the thing. It's one thing saying that people have had it in for McGhee since he came back but he's making it easy for them...
  • Like 1

I've been firmly in the McGhee corner since he arrived but his failure to acknowledge any managerial errors is beginning to annoy me.

Not quite sure where this came from. He publicly acknowledged errors in the Ross County game. I don't recall Ian Baraclough, Stuart McCall or Craig Brown acknowledging their errors.

• Like 1

I know they like to rotate media duites, but I'd like to see McManus at the press conference every week. His time at Celtic obviously prepared him for the stupid questions and the journos trying to stir things up by manufacturing a quote. He keeps them all in line and always an entertaining listen.

• Like 1

If this season has taught us anything it's that we should always play 4-4-2.

Yes, I think it has to be 4-4-2. Midfield as usual will raise questions for us. I'd like to see Pearson play in an attacking role, which he is best suited to. Gomis would play in the defensive role so that leaves Cadden, Ainsworth, Johnson and Lasley vying for the other 2 places. I'd probably start with Johnson as Cadden and Ainsworth are both right sided.

Decisions decisions!

I like the look of ONeils40yarder's team and I'd be really interested to see how we'd do with it if we weren't sat in 10th and had a bit of latitude to experiment.

If we want to use Ainsworth then a team along those lines would probably be the best way to get something out of both wingers with Cadden adding a bit of dynamism from midfield to front. Problem is the central striker as it doesn't really suit McDonald who works better playing off someone picking the ball up that wee bit deeper. I'm not really sure it'd suit Moult either. Fletcher maybe.

When it comes to it though I think we'd go back to our lop-sided 442 with 3 in the centre of the park vs Killie's 2.

Ripley

Law Kennedy McManus Hammell

Cadden Gomis Pearson

Johnson (or Ainsworth)

Moult McDonald

with Lasley being the midfield option off the bench for Cadden around 65-70 mins if we want to consolidate.

I know they like to rotate media duites, but I'd like to see McManus at the press conference every week. His time at Celtic obviously prepared him for the stupid questions and the journos trying to stir things up by manufacturing a quote. He keeps them all in line and always an entertaining listen.

Funny how different people see things but i did not think it was a stupid question by the journo. It was exactly the type of questions they should be asking more often rather than asking players and managers sterile questions.

My disappointment was that the journo backed off when McManus got hot under the collar about the question. My take on it was that McManus became very defensive. You make your own luck and Motherwell's problem of gifting goals in the last 5 minutes of games is actually one that has lingered for a few seasons now. It is perfectly reasonable to think that fitness may be a factor.

I am by no means saying that the players are not fit, but it is all relative and if the players of other teams are slightly fitter that's all you need to give you the edge, particularly in the last 5 mins of a game. McManus knows it was a reasonable question to be asked, he just did not like being asked it.

Not quite sure where this came from. He publicly acknowledged errors in the Ross County game. I don't recall Ian Baraclough, Stuart McCall or Craig Brown acknowledging their errors.

Exactly, and you'll rarely hear any manager in any league publicly acknowledging errors.

Yet another nonsense stick to beat the club with.

Exactly, and you'll rarely hear any manager in any league publicly acknowledging errors.

Yet another nonsense stick to beat the club with.

You don't hear many managers criticising individual players either...

Since the turn of he year McGhee's decisions and team selections in particular,:substitutions have cost us a barrow load of points........Accies : Robinson on as a sub,Hertz we have to match their physical presence : Starts Lionel and Marvin and moving the defence upside down:Thistle playing for a draw then brings on Lionel with minutes to go :then blames him for losing a point .....Then the cup game :skipy up front alone........playing for a draw at home in the cup ??? Then criticising our top scorer

Other than the Dundee game ,I've had the misfortune to be at all those matches,and if "yer maw had bawz "we would have been sitting pretty and possibly looking at a top six place.....but we have continually lost points down to his poor subs/tactics

I was pleased when he was appointed......he deserves the praise he initially got and should accpet the flack he is gettin just now........agree it's a fine line , but I don't get this anti McGhee agenda which if any is IMHO all in his his own making