Hamilton V Motherwell Sat 5 Mar 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Absolutely massive result. Credit to the players and staff. Pleased that Laing seems to be back in the fold and taking his chance, also good to see that Cadden seems to have bedded into the side now. Now he's actually had a run of games to find his feet Grimshaw's absence is less noticeable.

On the penalty, the only thing I would say is that he puts it in exactly the same spot he's put his other pens, including one as recently as last week, so if the keeper has done any homework he's giving himself a chance. I wasn't at the game yesterday but when I heard the keeper had made the save, I said to my Dad that he'd have put it to the keeper's right and so it proved. Having said that, given we've been the victim of overly officious refereeing at pens this season it's worth pointing out that McGovern is well off his line when he makes the save, though probably not enough to moan about. Thankfully the miss didn't cost us and it was good that we saw out the game.

Anyway a clean sheet and a win at that hovel is welcome.

I was thinking exactly the same thing when I heard he'd missed a penalty. Needs to vary it a bit more; always find he hits them low for placement rather than power too; if he'd elevated it a bit more it probably would've gone in, as McGovern was so low down.

Nit picking though.

Fuck the Accies. :fuck:

I was thinking exactly the same thing when I heard he'd missed a penalty. Needs to vary it a bit more; always find he hits them low for placement rather than power too; if he'd elevated it a bit more it probably would've gone in, as McGovern was so low down.

Nit picking though.

Fuck the Accies. :fuck:

Absolutely nit picking. That was only his 3rd pen this season and he'd scored the other 2 so I suppose you'd only start to notice a trend after a few. Equally, given the length of time it took for him to actually take the kick I suppose to go for the spot he's comfortable with would be a natural instinct.

It's not like he missed by trying to Panenka it or that.

It was his fourth (Kilmarnock, Celtic, Partick, Accies) but generally I agree.

Regarding pens, I think it's good to just make your mind up and go with it. It may have crossed his mind that McGovern may expect him to change direction as he hit one last week. The penalty was well hit, right in the corner and I'm happy to write it off as a good save by the keeper.

• Like 1

It was his fourth (Kilmarnock, Celtic, Partick, Accies) but generally I agree.

Regarding pens, I think it's good to just make your mind up and go with it. It may have crossed his mind that McGovern may expect him to change direction as he hit one last week. The penalty was well hit, right in the corner and I'm happy to write it off as a good save by the keeper.

Forgot about the one at Parkhead. Just watched it back and he went the same side with that one as well so I don't feel quite as daft.

Hats off to the boys for Saturday, the second half wasn't pretty but they got the job done. I thought some of the passing moves were tremdendous particulary in the first half.

Special mentions go to McDonald and McManus, also thought Moult as usual worked so hard for the team. Cadden also looked bright at points..

Only negatives for me and this is probably nitpicking, Ripley lacked confidence, likely after last week. Hall seemed to be getting out jumped for the majority. The good thing is these are both still very young players and the fact they came through this is very encouraging. I was surprised when McGhee decided to put Kennedy on at the end and thought we were sitting in far too much but I guess he was proved right in his decision.