Hamilton V Motherwell Sat 5 Mar 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Our performances at NDP in recent times have been a disgrace. The performance under Barraclough at the start of the season was shocking but in line with what has recently been served up.

The pitch doesnt suit us but we have managed results down at Rugby Park. As much as I would love 3 points, I would settle for a point.

Only good thing is a day out!

Not that we have been in the same division that often in my years following 'Well, but our performances at both Old and New DP over the years have been pretty shocking at times. I have taken plenty of stick from my Accies supporting mates.

We need some old school tactics for this one. Minute 1, put the boot into Imrie and Crawford. No messing about and take the booking like a man. If Psycho is still hanging around give him a start. Otherwise we are looking at you Louis Laing, Stephen McManus.

McManus especially since one of the great embarrassments in my Motherwell supporting history was the bullying Imrie gave him in the 0-5 match.

• Like 1

We need some old school tactics for this one. Minute 1, put the boot into Imrie and Crawford. No messing about and take the booking like a man. If Psycho is still hanging around give him a start.

Adopt the same tactics as Accies - wait until officials aren't looking then clobber someone off the ball. They know precisely when to fall to ground, when to time waste and when to leave a boot in. In the last few games at NDP they have targeted someone like Ainsworth, Johnson or Lasley early doors with a brutal tackle and the referee has bottled it by taking no action. If one of ours did that they'd be straight in the book and the target of Accies' wind up merchants.

Adopt the same tactics as Accies - wait until officials aren't looking then clobber someone off the ball. They know precisely when to fall to ground, when to time waste and when to leave a boot in. In the last few games at NDP they have targeted someone like Ainsworth, Johnson or Lasley early doors with a brutal tackle and the referee has bottled it by taking no action. If one of ours did that they'd be straight in the book and the target of Accies' wind up merchants.

Now relax... They are not that good. Can we also do without the mould firm-esque last comment?

• Like 1

Presume Gomis is fit for this?

I hope we go with the same team as last week but suppose Gomis would potentially help keeping Crawford quiet.

I don't have any dislike towards Hamilton, Infact I've admired the calubre of player they've produced in the last 7/8 years. However their current group is very ordinary with the exception of Crawford and I hope we can win convincingly tomorrow.

The players have got to go into this game with the right attitude. Get right in their faces when they have the ball but try and play football when we have the ball. no just howfin it up the park............although that wil be accpetable in the last 5 minutes..............

We have to go at them right from the kick off and put them back on their heels. I agree with McGhee that previosu results don't mean anything. If we turn up and play like we are capable of, then we can beat them but we can;t afford to have any players hiding.

4 -1 for the Well

Poor show from Accies again not having student tickets available, still swithering if it's worth the £22 quid to sit in the pigeon keech. Hopefully we can build on the positive result from last week, not been the best of games at NDP in recent times, Ali Crawford and Dougie Incontinent will no doubt have a great game as they always seem to be right up for a derby clash, with the latter still particularly bitter about being knocked back from the well on three occasions. Can sense it will be a frustrating game with Hamilton employing similar hatchet man tactics then winge and surround the ref when they feel they have been wronged similar to what we seen at Fir Park a few months ago. 2-1 'well. Oh how I would honestly love to give shitey arse and his team an utter scudding.

Is it the 7 foot tall guy that is suspended?

I know Canning and Tena are injured, no mention of the big guy Lucas missing the game. He is on five yellow cards, do you still miss a game for that? Sounds like they have a number of defensive woes. Think Chalmers is only player missing for us.

I'm a bit more confident about this one although your post seems to be a good summary of the kind of game we can expect. We, as fans though have to play our part and take a leaf out of Dundee United fans' book, and scream and howl at every jersey pull, foot left in, elbow in the back etc etc. In short constantly pressurise the referee. Accies are streetwise and as we know will employ every trick in the book to intimidate us and con the referee. If Johnson is playing expect a brutal tackle on him early on.

We have to work hard off the ball to close them down; not defend too deeply and above all don't let them have a clear attempt at goal.

The scene is perfect to build a safe gap between us and those beneath us. If we take the game to Accies - the way we did against Partick - we can show we are a far better side than them. Please Motherwell - just for once - stand up and don't let us down.

I know Canning and Tena are injured, no mention of the big guy Lucas missing the game. He is on five yellow cards, do you still miss a game for that? Sounds like they have a number of defensive woes. Think Chalmers is only player missing for us.

It's Garcia Tena that is out, thought it was the big giant boy.

Poor show from Accies again not having student tickets available, still swithering if it's worth the £22 quid to sit in the pigeon keech. Hopefully we can build on the positive result from last week, not been the best of games at NDP in recent times, Ali Crawford and Dougie Incontinent will no doubt have a great game as they always seem to be right up for a derby clash, with the latter still particularly bitter about being knocked back from the well on three occasions. Can sense it will be a frustrating game with Hamilton employing similar hatchet man tactics then winge and surround the ref when they feel they have been wronged similar to what we seen at Fir Park a few months ago. 2-1 'well. Oh how I would honestly love to give shitey arse and his team an utter scudding.

Scottish football is overpriced period. Accies shouldn't be in this league with the pitch and half built stadium. Be good to put a nail in their coffin today. What was the accies/away fans pricing on their recent visit to us?

Imrie certainly plays with a chip on his shoulder? Is he a Motherwell fan? He was few rows behind me in main stand at the playoff game back in june.

Scottish football is overpriced period. Accies shouldn't be in this league with the pitch and half built stadium. Be good to put a nail in their coffin today. What was the accies/away fans pricing on their recent visit to us?

Imrie certainly plays with a chip on his shoulder? Is he a Motherwell fan? He was few rows behind me in main stand at the playoff game back in june.

Not sure if he's a Motherwell fan but he goes out with Craig Moore's sister. Not sure if they're still together but that's probably why he was at the playoffs.

It's Garcia Tena that is out, thought it was the big giant boy.

You're right. Tena is a mere 6-3. Its Tagliapietra who is the tall one at 6-4. Either way we should instruct Scott MacDonald to mark Tagliapietra at set pieces the way Dougie Arnott used to do with giant defenders. Just stand on their feet and impede them from jumping. More often than not it worked.

Huge game today. I would love if we gave them the kind of doing we did at the 5-0 game at Fir Park at the end of last season but unfortunately I think it'll be a lot tighter.

I would go with the same team as against Partick.

2-0 'Well - Moult and Cadden.

If we win today and Partick get beaten by Hearts at Tyneastle we go 7th and 1 point off the top 6....mental.

Just as well we finished building our main stand before the half built stadium rules came in.

Isn't it?

Ripley, Hammell, Laing, McManus, Pearson, Johnson, Lasley, Moult, Cadden, Hall, McDonald

subs: Samson, Ainsworth, Fletcher, Kennedy, Law, Leitch, McFadden

Accies: McGovern, Gordon, Kurakins , Devlin, Imrie , Crawford, Kurtaj, Morris, MacKinnon , Lyon, Tagliapietra