2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

Don't get me wrong there will be various levels of interest I'll take on former players depending upon length of service and how much of a contribution they made etc. but I find the notion of shutting yourself off from how someone does the minute they leave Fir Park seems a little bizarre. Not least because half of them pitch up again at some time in the future!

To use you as an example Dave, seeing as you've posted directly in front of my reply, weren't you only recently part of a discussion that where posters were enjoying reminiscing about Walter Carlyle which included a mention was made of an occasion after he'd left the club?

But a good way to settle this debate, if there even is any debate. On another forum I read they have a Former Players thread for chat about ex-players and news or matters arising that involves former 'Well players. How about I set that up and those that wish to can use it to remark on the same?

To use you as an example Dave, seeing as you've posted directly in front of my reply, weren't you only recently part of a discussion that where posters were enjoying reminiscing about Walter Carlyle which included a mention was made of an occasion after he'd left the club?

Yes I was but I would draw a distinction Andy between those still playing and those who have retired or passed away. I think there's a heck of a difference between Lee Erwin and say Pat Delaney.

Apparently Oldham were dreadful today, lost against a crap team and lost the previous home game shipping 5 goals at home. Two points off the relegation zone.

The Barraclough Effect.

I think that's giving way too much credit (or blame) to an assistant manager.

Oldham were awful last season, finishing 17th in League One - 8 pts above relegation. That's why Robinson got the gig.

But a good way to settle this debate, if there even is any debate. On another forum I read they have a Former Players thread for chat about ex-players and news or matters arising that involves former 'Well players. How about I set that up and those that wish to can use it to remark on the same?

I'd agree with that Andy, keep such news separate so that those with no interest don't have to feel bothered by references to ex-players.

Yesterday was a good day for our ex-players with several involved in goals here and in England.

Good idea Andy.

How about if someone wants to post "nicky law scored for Bradford today" they can and if you don't want to read it then don't

And just skim past posts that they don't want to read?

Are you trying to fuck the internet?

• Like 2

Yep would like to know what the situation is with Blyth. Last I read from McGoo was he 'isn't up to speed yet' .

Anyone else heard anything on Blyth. I'd hate to judge him on just one negative post here. He looks a big lad. The last forward we signed with his build took a while to fit in - and then went on to be top scorer in the SPL.

Anyone else heard anything on Blyth. I'd hate to judge him on just one negative post here. He looks a big lad. The last forward we signed with his build took a while to fit in - and then went on to be top scorer in the SPL.

He seems like the opposite of Higdon.

An extremely fit (or at least muscular) guy with zero ability.

He seems like the opposite of Higdon.

An extremely fit (or at least muscular) guy with zero ability.

I'm sure he was watched more than once to establish if he had more than zero ability.

The one thing he does have in common with Higdon is that you also posted on here that Higdon was mince.

• Like 1

I'm sure he was watched more than once to establish if he had more than zero ability.

The one thing he does have in common with Higdon is that you also posted on here that Higdon was mince.

I'm just basing this on what Blyth has done on the pitch so. Going by his sub appearances he's worse than Casagolda. We have signed completely hopeless players before and no doubt will again in the future.

Higdon was too fat when he was here. Amazingly he managed to lose the weight in Holland which he couldn't do at Fir Park. And unbelievably when he was taking money for nothing at Sheffield United he piled it all back on again.

Higdon was too fat when he was here. Amazingly he managed to lose the weight in Holland which he couldn't do at Fir Park. And unbelievably when he was taking money for nothing at Sheffield United he piled it all back on again.

I don't care if he's bigger than Pavarotti, anyone who scores 27 goals in a season for Motherwell is alright in my book.

• Like 3

Aye too fat still cant work out how he ended up as league top scorer and player of the year..away and dont talk shite.

• Like 2

I have reservations over Blyth, but having read his twitter feed, after questions being asked about his injury status, he appears to have been carrying a niggling injury since he arrived.

The only forwards with decent aerial ability I can think of in recent times are Higdon and Sutton. I was trying to think of anyone else going back, to Coyne and Arnott, and struggled. I honestly can't remember Porter or Falconer having been good in the air.

We've got options with Bowman, McDonald, Ainsworth, Thomas, Moult and Blyth now, something that I'm sure will provide goals.

We'll see how Clay, McHugh and Cadden gel.

Left back is still an issue and I still think McMannus is one of the most overawed Scottish defenders in the last decade.

Still, the squad looks in better shape that it has in quite a few seasons.

Presumably mcghee saw enough in Blyth to think that he would be a good additon to the team, hence the contract offer. He has not had much game time so i am assuming he is injured so in all honesty until we have seen him play on a more regular basis he cant really be judged based on his brief appearances so far.

• Like 1

Aye too fat still cant work out how he ended up as league top scorer and player of the year..away and dont talk shite.

Maybe we would have finished 2nd in 2011/12 if he was fully committed. Maybe he would have lifted a trophy if he had been a bit fitter. Maybe he would have tackled Considine up at Pittodrie rather than jog away from him.

The guy was fat his entire time here then a few months later was slimmed down in Holland. He just couldn't be arsed getting fit when he was here.

Presumably mcghee saw enough in Blyth to think that he would be a good additon to the team, hence the contract offer. He has not had much game time so i am assuming he is injured so in all honesty until we have seen him play on a more regular basis he cant really be judged based on his brief appearances so far.

Don't think McGhee seen anything of Blyth beyond scouting videos.

Maybe we would have finished 2nd in 2011/12 if he was fully committed. Maybe he would have lifted a trophy if he had been a bit fitter. Maybe he would have tackled Considine up at Pittodrie rather than jog away from him.

The guy was fat his entire time here then a few months later was slimmed down in Holland. He just couldn't be arsed getting fit when he was here.

Soooooo fat.

Skip to 8.58 for THAT goal vs Dundee Utd

• Like 5

I believe his contract provided a full pizza-crunch supper every time he scored, that'll be why he stayed fat