Motherwell V St Johnstone Sat 7 May 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Sad thing is that the media will gladly lap up that stuff and happily repeat it until it becomes "fact". The Ibrox Pravda generates a press release, the Scottish media rebroadcasts the message without question and the Ibrox faithful say "See, it's in the papers, so it's definitely true".

• Like 1

That cannot be an official statement.

Why not! I'm sure their fans sat quietly throughout the game and merely applauded at the end. But sure Hibs will be shafted, Rangetrs will be portrayed as victims and any investigation into the SFA/SPFL will amount to the sum of SFA. As said before. Ever has it been so.

Is the latest Rangers statement for real? Absolute heads gone.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-60/

Brilliant.

Defending fans who went on the pitch and engaged in fist fights? Surely that's bringing the game into disrepute?

They're also wanting Petrie and Dempster to be on the phone first thing in the morning after the club's only cup win in a century, unbelievable!

I'll pick sides and go with the Rangers fans - the vast majority showed great restraint by not squaring up to the Hibs fans.

When I saw the first trickle jump the barrier I thought ffs, no - but it stayed a trickle.

Good on them.

Two weeks after the Hillsborough vindication, we could do without this shameful crap.

This is a troll account right? Someone has to be at the wind up.

The RFC or successors' statement is quite incredible.

They have a go at Tom English, who, when I heard him, was deploring the hotheads in the Hibs invasion.

No doubt BBC Scotland will deflect/obfuscate on cue.

It's a funny old game, Saint.

Hibs will be shafted. Will the SoW get their European slot? Or am I just getting cynical?

Both sides can't be defended BUT if I seen any of my players or officials getting set upon I'd be going on too.

I'm not a casual nor a hooligan but I will defend my own. There was major provocation from the Hibs fans towards the Rangers support and some took the bait, the majority must be applauded because it could've been an absolute battle.

• Like 1

If more Rangers fans had reacted to the pitch invasion it could have been carnage. I understand the outpouring of emotion from the Hibernian fans, however, any idiot who attacks a player should be banned for life.

Agree with most of that.

Unfortunately in football crowds, there's always a few idiots that go too far, and anybody involved with assaults on players or each other should be punished.

I don't think the Rangers fans deserve any credit for not reacting though (especially as quite a few did).

The statement from Rangers is amazing. They managed to touch all bases even giving Nicola sturgeon a mention.

:lol:

They could've printed postal addresses for Stuart Cosgrove etc. For old school Rangers fans that don't know how to send death threats via Twitter.

:P

Both sides can't be defended BUT if I seen any of my players or officials getting set upon I'd be going on too.

I'm not a casual nor a hooligan but I will defend my own. There was major provocation from the Hibs fans towards the Rangers support and some took the bait, the majority must be applauded because it could've been an absolute battle.

I agree with the part of defending your players etc but one of the videos I saw was Rangers supporters throwing punches at the nearest (smallest) Hibs fan which was nowhere near the players.

Just as a side note - our suspended punishment from last year surely can't be enforced if some sort of action is not taken here. Having one rule for one and a different rule for the other opens up a whole can of worms and I'd imagine we would have solid ground for a legal challenge should any further sanctions come our way.

Think SFA should cover our costs for extra stewards at Saints game a good will gesture if they ain't gonna fine themselves! :ph34r:

• Like 1

Just as a side note - our suspended punishment from last year surely can't be enforced if some sort of action is not taken here. Having one rule for one and a different rule for the other opens up a whole can of worms and I'd imagine we would have solid ground for a legal challenge should any further sanctions come our way.

Think SFA should cover our costs for extra stewards at Saints game a good will gesture if they ain't gonna fine themselves! :ph34r:

Our suspended punishment is from the SPFL though, nothing that happened on Saturday will affect that.

I agree with the part of defending your players etc but one of the videos I saw was Rangers supporters throwing punches at the nearest (smallest) Hibs fan which was nowhere near the players.

Aye awrite then, seen a few of Rangers fans and a couple of Rangers players gettin hit.

You seen the video of the Hibs fans on the trackside right at the Rangers fans, provocation of the highest order.

People having a pop at Rangers fans for spoiling Hibs' party, typical anti-old firm rhetoric on here. Hibs fans dished it out and Rangers retaliated, I know it doesn't make it right but they did ask for it unfortunately.

• Like 1

Aye awrite then, seen a few of Rangers fans and a couple of Rangers players gettin hit.

You seen the video of the Hibs fans on the trackside right at the Rangers fans, provocation of the highest order.

People having a pop at Rangers fans for spoiling Hibs' party, typical anti-old firm rhetoric on here. Hibs fans dished it out and Rangers retaliated, I know it doesn't make it right but they did ask for it unfortunately.

Wouldn't say anti old firm. More like anti Rangers. You just need to look at the amount of posts on General football about Rangers to see that. Most folk on here actually hate Rangers more than they like Motherwell.

No doubt i'll be branded a knuckle dragger, BNP supporter , h*n without busfare etc for saying that. Watch yourself Wellarmy, they will try and force you off the board for defending Rangers like they did with MJC.

• Like 1

Wouldn't say anti old firm. More like anti Rangers. You just need to look at the amount of posts on General football about Rangers to see that. Most folk on here actually hate Rangers more than they like Motherwell.

No doubt i'll be branded a knuckle dragger, BNP supporter , h*n without busfare etc for saying that. Watch yourself Wellarmy, they will try and force you off the board for defending Rangers like they did with MJC.

See if you actually want to have a discussion on the matter, then you won't get very far with nonsense like that.

Having read your posts on here, I have no doubt you are a Motherwell fan. However, I also have no doubt you prefer Rangers over Celtic. Why that is? I'll leave that for others to comment. Each to their own. Your last sentence though, seems a bit 'victimy'. Very similar to a statement I read the other day, in fact.