Scottish Premiership Kilmarnock V Motherwell Sat 6 Aug 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Skippy is carrying a knock?

Has that been reported somewhere and I've missed it or was he jaded yesterday?

Either way, hope it's not too serious.

He's been carrying the knock since last week. Is why he sat out the Annan game with Moult starting in his place.

• Like 1

Skippy is carrying a knock?

Has that been reported somewhere and I've missed it or was he jaded yesterday?

Either way, hope it's not too serious.

He was struggling in the 2nd half yesterday. McGhee confirmed he had a thigh strain.

http://m.brechinadvertiser.co.uk/news/mark-mcghee-concerned-over-scott-mcdonald-injury-after-motherwell-beat-stranraer-1-4190624

I won't make this I don't think.

Going on holiday the week after so I doubt I will have any spare cash floating about. Think we should win, but I hate plastic parks. We never do well on them.

Apart from the games that we win, I agree.

Apart from the games that we win, I agree.

Have we not won our last 3 games on plastic pitches?

Kiilie, Accies last season and Annan last week unless I'm forgetting something.

Possibly. But I have seen us lose a lot more than I have seen us win on plastic.

No reason why we can't go there and win. Would be interesting to see what happens if we start taking some of the early chances we seem to be creating.

The team seems to pick itself at the moment and unlike last season where there was an influx of players McGhee seems to have settled on a wide 433 that should, in theory, get the best out of the players he has at his disposal. It may just be me but there seems to be less of a square pegs in round holes feel to the starting XI.

Question for me is really how the defence holds up and whether we can get a winger close enough to McDonald to play as a 2nd striker so he's not completely isolated.

I'd have thought we'd be looking at:

Samson

Tait Heneghan McManus Hammell

Cadden Lasley McHugh

Ainsworth McDonald Johnson

Looking forward to the season starting back properly. Hopeful we can bring a good crowd through to Kilmarnock with it being the first game back.

From what I've heard in the media Killie have been terrible for the most part during the cup games. 11 new players, oldest at 22 year old and apparently a lot of arguments going on behind the scenes resulting in rumours of Lee Clark quiting. I think they were very very lucky to stay up last year and I think this year might be the year they finally go down.

Team picks itself I would suggest;

Samson

Tait Heneghan McManus Hammell

Ainsworth Cadden Lasley McHugh Johnson

McDonald

I'm hopeful of a comfortable win, not seen every league cup game but from what I have seen I think we look a lot stronger than some in the stands are suggesting. Football isn't player on paper but even with Moult missing I think the above team looks as strong if not stronger than the team last year. Tait and Heneghan look to be improvements on what we had last year, Cadden is growing stronger game by game and Johnson seems to be hitting form. McHugh also seems to be a worthy replacement for Pearson.

Fingers crossed I'm actually pretty optimistic about the season ahead, I think if we could push for one more to come in for midfield and we hold on to Johnson it could be a good season.