Scottish Premiership Kilmarnock V Motherwell Sat 6 Aug 15:00

Yabba's Turd

First half was a bit cagey but I thought we looked more dangerous and as it turned out we got the goal. Ainsworth! Scored the hard chance and missed a sitter! Second half we did really well. Cadden did superb to create the goal and then we were well on top until we conceded a poor goal when we switched off, may we felt a bit too comfortable. Lots of good performances through the team, overall a positive start to the league season

i know he only signed a new deal in the summer but we should already be looking at offering cadden a contract extension,hes quickly becoming one of our main players and if we can keep him on a decent length of contract then there will be good money coming our way should we decide too sell him.

Good win. I think McHugh is going to be one of these players you don't realise how effective he is until he isn't there. Nothinh showy, won the ball lots, barely wasted a pass. Taken off injured - midfield completely surrendered.

Clay almost got lucky with a chance, Johnson maybe should have done better with his chance immediately after Ainsworth scored and Ainsworth's miss from three yards out was chronic - we really should have been home and hosed before it got nervy.

Thought Clay was fine defensively, bit lacking offensively but overall I liked the balance of our first 11.

Good to see McLean on, thought he was the stand out on Tuesday and deserved his wee chance though I'm not sure throwing him on when we were hanging on was actually the smartest move but Ainsworth did seem that his race was run so can understand it.

Samson had a couple of crazy moments and almost cost himself his place in the game by injuring himself with one of them. Thing that pleased me most was McManus and Heneghan kept a great shape even when we were struggling a bit and Kilmarnock struggled to get in behind other than that once.

Very good day all told, hope McHugh is back next week.

PS - we had a 3.5 minute stop for McHugh and 3 minutes for Samson plus a couple of other stops and subs so as well as not having a clue what a foul is, Craig Thomson can't count either. We got the benefit of some shocking decisions but likewise we got a raw deal with some as well. Booking Johnson for leaving the pitch to celebrate when it was clear the only thing that took him over the hoarding was his momentum was just petty nonsense.

Kilmarnock were very poor for an hour, improved slightly but they'll need to do much better not to come in the bottom two.

Delighted with the win and two well executed goals. The overall standard of the game was very poor but I thought we were on the brink of cruising to a handsome victory until McHugh got injured. We lost all momentum at that moment with the inept Chalmers coming on. In the end we had to hang on and ride our luck to an extent.

I continue to be impressed by the Heneghan and McManus partnership, just a shame Samson gives me the absolute fear. Upfront, Marvin, Ainsworth, Skippy and Cadden will be a handful for any team in the league but they need supported by a better midfield. Still early days but 3 games in and Clay's contribution has been minimal.

A tough week ahead with Celtic and St Johnstone. Significant step-up in performance will be required to get a result in either.

Made it more difficult than it needed to be but a good 3 points in the end. Thought we were very comfortable first half and more than deserved to be in front at half time. The goal was a lovely piece of play and a nice finish from Lionel who had his best game in a long time.

2nd half we got a great start with another well worked goal albeit the Killie defender appeared to gift Cadden possession.

But for an abysmal finish from Lionel we should have been 3 up and home and hosed before we conceded, setting us up for a nervy last 15 mins.

Lots to be pleased about but still room for improvement.

Once again its funny how we see the match differently. I thought Ainsworth goal was about the only positive thing he did.I know we were slack further back at their goal but the move started in midfield when he could not be bothered challenging for the ball. McDonald wasn't any better. In these niggly games by the opposition I wish he would not get involved either physically or verbally. He should be long enough in the tooth to know it badly affects his game. I watched the start of the Rangers Hamilton game and there were I think 4 bookings early on and none of them were as bad as what went unpunished at Kilmarnock. They were intent not to lose the game by being physical which usually means lack of skill. If they are going to continue in that vein I hope they go down and take that B****** Thomson with them. Finally there were something like 3500 Killie fans spread accross 2 half empty stands whilst nearly 1000 Well fans were forced to sit like sardines in half of the other. Bad show, dont know what it was supposed to achieve.

• Like 1

Ainsworth scored a peach so swings and roundabouts

He also trapped the ball in the six yard box instead of scoring, and stepped out of a tackle which allowed the build up to their goal.

But my point was about the team's passing which should be one of the easiest skills they possess. As a minimum find your man, with a bit of effort place it into their stride and certainly not behind them. Skippy and Ainsworth aren't good at that stuff.

Once again its funny how we see the match differently. I thought Ainsworth goal was about the only positive thing he did.I know we were slack further back at their goal but the move started in midfield when he could not be bothered challenging for the ball. McDonald wasn't any better. In these niggly games by the opposition I wish he would not get involved either physically or verbally. He should be long enough in the tooth to know it badly affects his game. I watched the start of the Rangers Hamilton game and there were I think 4 bookings early on and none of them were as bad as what went unpunished at Kilmarnock. They were intent not to lose the game by being physical which usually means lack of skill. If they are going to continue in that vein I hope they go down and take that B****** Thomson with them. Finally there were something like 3500 Killie fans spread accross 2 half empty stands whilst nearly 1000 Well fans were forced to sit like sardines in half of the other. Bad show, dont know what it was supposed to achieve.

I've had some banter off the Killie fans on Twitter with them saying we were dirty bastards theday also saying we played rugby theday. Got a good three hours of biting when they were told pot, kettle, black. They were dirty cheating bastards theday

He also trapped the ball in the six yard box instead of scoring, and stepped out of a tackle which allowed the build up to their goal.

But my point was about the team's passing which should be one of the easiest skills they possess. As a minimum find your man, with a bit of effort place it into their stride and certainly not behind them. Skippy and Ainsworth aren't good at that stuff.

Part of that is why they are playing with us and not down south earning plenty more dough

Just home long day IMO great result superior all through until they scored Ainswirth great goal but IMO done nothing else missed sitter and gave ball away a lot Craig Thompson now makes Willie Collum look like a top referee his booking of Johnson was a joke he left pitch but stopped 5 yards away from stand 30 yards from fans as bottom tier closed yet gets booked then theirs an accidental clash of heads and he has card out to book McHugh as he's carried off guy is a total nightmare of a referee hope we can avoid him for a while